Hello everyone!, Diabetics since 2009.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo   11/20/2016 9 a.m.

I am very happy to have found this forum.

I was looking for information on the Slow Action Insulin Toujeo because they have changed me 2 days ago from the Lantus to this and I am with quite high figures of basal and postpandral blood glucose.

I am a dependent insulin diabetics since February 2009 but I was 2 or 3 months before with the symptoms;Lowering weight, urinating a lot, up to 6 times during the night and thirsty.The water was my salvation, I got angry if someone drank from my bottle and even according to the brand I knew better or worse.

I was aware of what was happening to me but I didn't want to accept it, until one day I decided to make me a basal glycotest, because my father is type 2, and effectively had almost 400 mg/dl of blood glucose.

I was admitted a weekend at the La Glicosilada hospital was 14 and something with cholesterol through the clouds etc .., irresponsibility for my part but I needed a time to assimilate it, see me really thin and bad.

It is one thing to advise diabetics and another is to live the disease, and this, which is very difficult to control.I always think about the danger of insulin mismanagement in those helpless children who are diabetic or elderly with more difficulty of understanding everything related to the disease, since it is already difficult for adults.

Well, without further drama, I think we are brave and we have to throw forward and try to take care of how much we can with what we have.

I hope to help as much as possible with my experience in this forum and that we find solutions and support together.

Greetings and strong hug to everyone

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 9 a.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Welcome to the @Pinkunicorn forum, I'm glad you found us, I also had a diagnosis after 3 months of losing weight and a lot of thirst! In my case it came out 314 mg/dl on an empty stomach, and also income for 4 days.

Anyway, that we are all here to help us, so again, welcome !!!: P

fer's profile photo
fer
11/20/2016 9:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer for support, it is difficult to assume that we have lost part of our health.
In my case, I am not able to say that I suffer from diabetes in some environments because I hate that they worry excessively for me or do not believe me capable of making a normal life, jobs that require a certain effort and attention or that see me different.

Pinkunicorn's profile photo
Pinkunicorn
11/20/2016 10:31 p.m.

DM1 desde 2009
Lantus 23 UI 14h ahora probando Toujeo 28 UI 14h
Apidra Junior a demanda
Accu Check Aviva Expert
FreeStile Libre
Última HbA1c 6,8

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.