{'en': 'Insulin bomb for a 2 -year -old child?', 'es': 'Bomba de insulina para niño de 2 años?'} Image

Insulin bomb for a 2 -year -old child?

Dalu's profile photo   10/28/2017 11:36 a.m.

My 2 -year -old has told us that he is a good candidate by age and because they see us prepared to wear insulin bomb.

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of the bombs taking into account the young age of my son.

I am afraid that he will play it, to pull the cables or some of that.

If you could inform me, I would appreciate it.

Greetings,

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
10/28/2017 11:36 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

@Dalu, there is a category of parents here in the forum.From what I have seen the bomb is highly recommended for children.Ask @Fer to send you the links.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
10/28/2017 12:40 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

On Thursday we have to decide on putting the insulin bomb to my son.As I told you, he is 2 years old and for his age I do not know if it will be good option.Please, on this subject I am lost.What do you recommend?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/06/2017 3:06 p.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

dalu said:
Thursday we have to decide on putting my child's insulin bomb.As I told you, he is 2 years old and for his age I do not know if it will be good option.Please, on this subject I am lost.What do you recommend me?

Sorry I had not answered for not being the same case, I am an adult bomb user.The pump helps a lot to regulate since doses can be adjusted in micrunities that sometimes in children is more than necessary.There are many children of your age with insulin bomb and nothing happens.
The insulinic needs of the human body are not equal throughout the day and this is not the same to regulate with a basal insulin, with the bomb you can adapt the different periods of the day to insulin needs.
Using a microinfusora implies a lot of training if you want to take advantage.
Look on Facebook a group of NSD called "We talk about insulin bombs NSD", there surely some Pope will answer you with better decision than me has gone.
A big hug and make the decision you make sure that it is correct, never think that the other decision could have been better, be the formation already knows that it is indispensable and essential.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2017 4:40 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you very much for the answer @"jconegar", I will talk to my wife and have decided, the only thing that throws us back is how annoying it must be to take it all day hooked being so small the dwarf.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/06/2017 5:43 p.m.

I have always seen all the children put in adjustable fannyries so that they do not bother them.Get in the group that I have told you and ask for photos to see how children are wearing sure they put them without any problem

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2017 5:54 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

We have decided to put the insulin bomb to my son.In 2 or 3 months they put it to us and they have told us that with Cadi Total security they will put the last model of Medtronic, which has alarms to drops and ups and it is submersible so we are very happy.The only thing that has happened to us to ask is that if he warns of the ups and downs, he will do the Dunctions of the freestyle and we can do without him, right?

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/10/2017 6:08 p.m.

@"Dalu" are going to put that, the Medtronic 640g, probably in a week already has (in fact I have it at home).For what you say, the continuous glucose meter of Medtronic is needed, which communicates by radiofrequency with the pump in a continuous way and is capable, before a tendency to decrease blood glucose to hypoglycemia, stop insulin infusion to recover values.The problem is that I do not know if that is financed by the SS.or it would be necessary to pay it (I think it is on behalf of the patient).In my case, I will start with the freestyle and the pump, so I will have to remain pending in the face of uploads and/or descents and, in case of a trend towards hypo, make myself a temporary basal or suspend the infusion for x minutes.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
11/11/2017 12:07 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.