My son starts eating with 110 and goes down to 80-75 and after almost 1 hour he starts up

Dani Se's profile photo   11/03/2017 1:13 p.m.

Hello, I wanted to tell you that since my son uses the Dexcom G5 (very little) that I realize that he starts eating and begins to lower his blood glucose has reached 70 .... The arrow down .... Then stabilizesAnd it passes like an hour until it starts to upload, it really worries me, I don't know, if this always happens, if I now find out the dexcom, or what to do, yesterday I was in 68, already towards 30 minutes that I was eating whenI was going to give him a sip of sugary juice and started uploading ... but I don't know that these descents can produce, he is 5 years old and X now does not manifest symptoms.I await your comments.Thank you!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/03/2017 1:13 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

I believe that insulin has a very fast effect and lowers it before the glucose of the food reaches the blood.It happens to me with some things that carry a lot of fat and the hydrates are already slow as the cooked that also as with meat.You have to see how it reacts to each type of food and in which this happens to him later.That start eating and then clicks him.Rapid insulin is supposed to take effect at half an hour but this also depends, sometimes it takes longer.But if you have seen that it takes effect at half an hour, unless only as something that goes up quickly because you can wait to prick him.
Change a lot according to the type of hydrate you eat and with what you mix it so it is to try and see how the body reacts.Little by little you will control the usual meals.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/03/2017 2:21 p.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

At breakfast does not happen, I give each scare !!!Surely this was already happening but with the dexcom now luck I identify it.I will try what you tell me, that I begin to eat and I see to apply when I see that it goes up, what happens is that sometimes it is in the period of one hour the descent, already finished eating and the fruit and continues to go down,Until it reappoints.
Thanks Yesa!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/03/2017 2:40 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

If you don't lower more than 70, don't worry., You can give a little juice with food.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2017 2:31 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My fear is that this happens when he starts eating with 120 or 100, if he started with 80?That is my fear, today at lunch I insulin after a while that started eating and walked well, now at dinner we did the same, and did not go down, I have to learn how much to wait to apply ... He arrived at 220 toThe time of eating, and then began to go down little, we will see as soon as it stabilizes.

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/04/2017 2:57 a.m.

Argentina

@"Dani76, it is seen that I absorb late the HC to me the same, I punctured my80 Well, eat first and paint later.
Now how do you have the Dexcom, you can control that
Regarding breakfast, there is usually more insulin resistance and that is why it rises before.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/04/2017 9:36 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.