I don't know if I have diabetes

Udaberria's profile photo   11/09/2017 8:49 p.m.

Hello!I am new here and I would like to comment on something that has worried me.
In a more or less regular way they perform blood tests for hormone issues (polycystic ovary syndrome), for this reason they did one in February, giving a level of glucose pulling low, 73 specifically.Subsequently, since I entered the work in a new company, in May they had analysis again, being the results of the style.I have always had the sugar at those fasting levels, but in August they did another analysis for another different theme and it is now when I have a peak of 135 ... I do not remember having eaten anything before that due that day, butI don't remember it.The analysis repeats me in a few weeks but I would like to stay calm and know if there is the possibility that it is a mistake ... It is possible that diabetes appears suddenly and having a history that marks just a low sugar?There is also no history in the family, so I don't understand anything.

Thank you very much for attending me, greetings!

Udaberria's profile photo
Udaberria
11/09/2017 8:49 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I don't know if what I'm going to tell you will be useful, my son X two nights took a lotnormal "even postprandial with the glucose curve.At three months they repeated analysis, Pepid C, glucose, gaba and gad antibodies, fructosamine, insulinemia, and the diagnosis was confirmed by type 1 diabetes, my son had not had any more symptoms, that day we went out with the first glucometer and with the indicationto measure and how much the values ​​begin to shoot .... Make an appointment with a doctor.He was almost 8 months without insulin exogenous until, as the doctor said, his values ​​began to shoot.
Consult a diabetologist, do you know the symptoms?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/10/2017 12:21 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

On an empty stomach to get an idea, the values ​​must be below 100. From 100 to 140 prediabetes and more than 140 diabetes.These values ​​must be taken in at least two consecutive days and even so this is an estimate, that is, you can guide you to know if you have or do not have diabetes but to know it they must make more exausive exams.My son had 355 when they were diagnosed

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/10/2017 12:32 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

Thank you very much for the interest, the truth is that I have not had symptoms of any kind, and it is so rare that in two months I have hit that rush ... and more that I am a person who takes care of it, although in summer there is aLoor more of lack of control ... I am quite worried the truth.

Thanks a lot

Udaberria's profile photo
Udaberria
11/10/2017 7:45 a.m.

@Udaberria keep in mind that "the concern" goes up the adrenaline and it goes up the glucose so try not to worry much !!!I know it is easy to say and difficult to do but nerves, stress and worries also influence our glycemia.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/10/2017 8:35 a.m.

Ask them to make an insulin and peptide analysis on an empty stomach along with hemoglobin and glucose.If you get normal you should not worry because one day a glucose has left a little.It can be a mistake or that you were nervous.If you are high, insulin may be developing insulin resistance that is what happens before developing type 2 diabetes. The polycystic ovary is sometimes associated with insulin resistance.Luckily insulin resistance can be reversed with diet and avoid diabetes.And if you get low insulin and peptide C would have to control yourself in case you are starting to develop type 1. If everything goes well (which is most likely) do not worry anymore.Keep making healthy life and voila.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
11/10/2017 10:01 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.