{'en': 'Pre diabetes or hyperglycemia?', 'es': 'Pre diabetes o hiperglucemia?'} Image

Pre diabetes or hyperglycemia?

sella's profile photo   11/09/2017 10:54 p.m.

Hello my case is a bit weird, the first fasting glucose exam that made me left 139, so I sent me to take a test with a glucometer and came out at normal levels,

Days later, several fasting glucose tests that came out with normal values, in addition to post pandarial glucose, the one that makes him take that sweet liquid and came out normal,

But to my surprise it was later when they sent me an exam called glycosylated hemoglobin came out at 6.2%, so according to the doctor I am prediabetic.Consult with another doctor, an internist and he told me that he was not diabetic, and neither prediabetes because glycosiladWhen sugar rises suddenly and can only be controlled with food, so he sent me to the nutritionist and new exams for next year 4 months after again and post pan and another glycosylated, so I think the doctor is doubting...

Now I imagine that he would send me to eat everything without sugar, but my question is and that if the first result of 139 was only a mistake in the laboratory and the internist already puts me as hyperglycemic?I did not decompensated me or something to eat everything without sugar to the point that can be lowered?

In hyperglycemia you also have to stop eating rice, potatoes, bread etc. As the diabetes, thank you would help me their answers.

Thank you!!

sella's profile photo
sella
11/09/2017 10:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!I don't know if what I'm going to tell you will be useful, my son X two nights took a lotnormal "even postprandial with the glucose curve.At three months they repeated analysis, Pepid C, glucose, gaba and gad antibodies, fructosamine, insulinemia, and the diagnosis was confirmed by type 1 diabetes, my son had not had any more symptoms, that day we went out with the first glucometer and with the indicationto measure and how much the values ​​begin to shoot .... Make an appointment with a doctor.He was almost 8 months without insulin exogenous until, as the doctor said, his values ​​began to shoot.
The question is ... what symptoms did you have?How did you get to do those studies?And if you know the symptoms?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
11/09/2017 11:28 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

6.2% glycosylated hemoglobima is prediabetes.The prediabetes are in time to reverse the solution with a healthy food and exercise.It is like a warning that or xambias food and life habits or you will end up being diabetic, but in these cases it is usually type 2 diabetes, which requires both control as type 1, but it would have to restrict many foods

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/10/2017 12:45 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

Diagnosticado noviembre 2019.

dani76 said:
hello!I don't know if what I'm going to tell you will be useful, my son X two nights took a lotnormal "even postprandial with the glucose curve.At three months they repeated analysis, Pepid C, glucose, gaba and gad antibodies, fructosamine, insulinemia, and the diagnosis was confirmed by type 1 diabetes, my son had not had any more symptoms, that day we went out with the first glucometer and with the indicationto measure and how much the values ​​begin to shoot .... Make an appointment with a doctor.He was almost 8 months without insulin exogenous until, as the doctor said, his values ​​began to shoot.
The question is ... what symptoms did you have?How did you get to do those studies?And if you know the symptoms?

Hello, of course your information serves me ..... thanks ... the truth is this, it was a day that I consumed Alchol not much and the next day, I began to numb my hands to be paralyzed, and a tingling sinceThe upstream stomach that seemed like a heart attack, echoes sometimes I accelerate my heart, but that is no longer because they made me electrocardiogram and holter and came out normal, and my hands were shaking, what happened is that the otherday after drinking Alchol, ate pizza and a soda, after that the symptoms began.After that the general doctor sent me several exams including glucose

Nowadays I no longer have many of eSosy symptoms What I have left is this:

1. Dizziness, blurred vision, and tingling on my feet and they get hot,
2. If I have noticed more frequency when urinating
3. The strange thing is that I do not be thirsty but I keep my mouth as a sticky, my lips leave, and therefore drink water but not for thirst ,.If I get to drink Alchol my mouth gets too dry, but doctors say it is not dehydration.
4. Colicos, a long time I keep with colic and have detected yeasts a year ago and amoebas this year.The 2 already treated with pills
5, I feel weak wanting to be sleeping, and I keep hungry, sometimes when as something sweet makes me want to vomit
6. I am low weight but I think my weight always remains the same thing 56 kg with 1.68 tall and 32 years,.
7, some tachycardia and nothing else.

I would touch those 4 months because according to what you tell the results vary from time to time the case is that a doctor told me that it was prediabetes and another that was hyperglycemia, I do not know if they were wrong in the laboratory I do not know which is what mydefinitive diagnosis, and I will have to spend Christmas without sugar, but I ask God to really be diabetes, thank you for your help

Edit: Some time ago I started eating integral rice, bread, and vegetables but I got tired and made me want to vomit, so I left it and now like white rice but not much and without potatoes, increase more protein ham protein, etc.

sella's profile photo
sella
11/10/2017 12:46 a.m.

dalu said:
6.2% glycosylated hemoglobima is prediabetes.The prediabetes are in time to reverse the solution with a healthy food and exercise.It is like a warning that o Xambias food and life habits or you will end up being diabetic, but in these cases it is usually type 2 diabetes, which requires both control as type 1, but it would have to restrict many foods

The same said the first internist, but the second that was hyperglycemia because the other exams came out normal and also told me not to pay attention to that glycosylated exam and that's why I send it to repeat, that if the 2 told meThat he did not eat anything with sugar, but I do not know whether to eat normal rice, bread etc, today one cannot trust the laboratories to send several tests before confirming, and now I continue with the concern of whether it is orIt is not and I have to wait for February, but well ... since I spend this, and I have changed my food a little but I still eat white rice and bread and not if that is evil, that if nothing sugar

sella's profile photo
sella
11/10/2017 12:56 a.m.

6.2% glycosilada means that during the last 3 months, you have had an approximately 130 sugar average and that is high.It is not due to isolated hyperglycemia.As I told you, it indicates an elevation of your period of peri sugar not to consider it diabetes, but a touch of attention.

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/10/2017 9:32 a.m.

Papa niño 3 años diagnosticado julio 2017. Uso medtronic 640 con sensor enlite. Ultima glicosilada 6,3.

dalu said:
6.2% glycosilada means that during the last 3 months, you have had an average sugar of approximately 130 and that is high.It is not due to isolated hyperglycemia.As I told you, it indicates an elevation of your period of peri sugar not to consider it diabetes, but a touch of attention.

I mean that I should basically treat myself as a prediabetic, not?: And not as hyperglycemic, by the way the internist affirmed and reaffirmed that it was not diabetes or pre diabetes because he said that glycosilada was the "expected" or something like that, but he is doubting for stayingAnd anyway I sent me to repeat all the exams including that of glycosiladSo I don't know if that is, but I'm already eating by based on a diabetic diet

sella's profile photo
sella
11/10/2017 4:48 p.m.

It can be perfectly as you say for a virus or other reason, the concern also rises the level of sugar.I give you my example, when my son was diagnosed with my son with possible complications, if I would lead a normal life, etc.Well one day I looked at the sugar and zas !!!162. I was scared and started looking at me the sugar on an empty stomach and used to have 115-120. They made me glycosilada and 5.8%.They told me that the extres, worry etc. Pofian me to alter the sugar.Now I am much more relaxed and quiet and occasionally I measure the sugar and I usually be between 80 and 90. So you relax, do not give him many laps, eat healthy and do sports.You will see how those levels improve

Dalu's profile photo
Dalu
11/10/2017 5:59 p.m.

dalu said:
can be perfectly as you say for a virus or other reason, the concern also rises the level of sugar.I give you my example, when my son was diagnosed with my son with possible complications, if I would lead a normal life, etc.Well one day I looked at the sugar and zas !!!162. I was scared and started looking at me the sugar on an empty stomach and used to have 115-120. They made me glycosilada and 5.8%.They told me that the extres, worry etc. Pofian me to alter the sugar.Now I am much more relaxed and quiet and occasionally I measure the sugar and I usually be between 80 and 90. So you relax, do not give him many laps, eat healthy and do sports.You will see how those levels improve

Thank you if I think I was quite stressed during that period and I think it was why I thought it was a heart attack or something, right now I feel very relaxed, now I just have to wait for the new exams in January and see what happens, while whileI eat healthy and without sugar, although I hope I don't pass me to the Rereve and I get the sugar for not eating thanks, when they make me examination here to tell you

sella's profile photo
sella
11/14/2017 5:46 p.m.

Hello, good morning, a while ago I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes, I had not made a study for the pandemic, a few days ago they did a test with a glucometer and came out 137, I wonder if the value is high considering thatThe test was 4 hrs after eating, the detail is that the food consisted of an abundant meal of fats (tacos of pig carnitas) I do not know if that has affected the test because the last time they made it salt with 121, butThat time they did it 6 hours after eating and the food was with little fat (grilled chicken breast).My question is that I could have affected so much.Greetings!

BHC's profile photo
BHC
10/26/2020 7:36 p.m.

Fat delays digestion and carbohydrate absorption
Even so, it seems to me that 4 h after eating although Tomases tacos with pork, q has fat and makes the slower digestion, in 137 it is a little high.I do not seem indicator of type 1 diabetes but it may be of type 2. You should: 1, consult with an endocrine;2, control food and eat healthy and balanced (avoid excess carbohydrates and fat);and 3, do some sport regularly or walk a little every day.

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
10/26/2020 8:36 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Hello good morning in an analytics, I got 105 of basal glucose and 5.8 % glycosilada, are they to be diabetic or prediabetic?This is all fasting, thank you very much

herias's profile photo
herias
12/28/2021 1:38 p.m.

Man My brother is not diabetic and a glycosylated 5.0 is always, control yourself after eating at 2 h and at night

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
12/30/2021 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.