{'en': '700 kilometers on foot to raise awareness about diabetes', 'es': '700 kilómetros a pie para concienciar sobre la diabetes'} Image

700 kilometers on foot to raise awareness about diabetes

fer's profile photo   12/16/2016 3:27 p.m.

The Jienense Miguel Ángel Palomino will walk from Almería to Portugal with his dog to make this disease visible that affects 14% of the Spaniards.

Miguel Ángel Palomino, from Jaén, is a sports monitor who has decided to undertake a challenge that will take him from Almería to Portugal on foot to raise awareness about diabetes disease and make it visible.

It is not the first feat he performs.A few months ago he toured almost 700 kilometers with the purpose of insufflating Esperanza to Celia Garrido, the girl who suffers from factor V, a rare disease for which there is no treatment today.

Palomino has assured in 'The afternoon' that "it is very hard to pass all the problems that diabetes entails.""There is a need for financing to investigate more about the cause, so I thought I could contribute my grain of sand with this solidarity act," Palomino stressed.

The intention of the Jiennense is to make the route at the beginning of next year.At the moment, with the collaboration of the Association of Diabetics of Jaén, the objective is that the different provincial groups join the initiative, to achieve maximum dissemination in the places it visits.

Luis Miguel is one of his friends, father of two twins, both are diabetic."There are days that are punctured up to 8 or 9 times a day," he said in 'The afternoon' of Expósito.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2016 3:27 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I can only say ole ole and oleeee.We need more visibility, more knowledge by the more people the better to promote research, advances, etc.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/16/2016 4:20 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.