{'en': 'The use of ultra -grape insulin Fiasp, of Novonordisk is approved', 'es': 'Se aprueba el uso de insulina ultrarrápida FIASP, de NovoNordisk'} Image

The use of ultra -grape insulin Fiasp, of Novonordisk is approved

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo   12/22/2016 8:27 p.m.

This report reviews the medicines already evaluated by the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products (hereinafter Aemps), considered of greater interest for the health professional.These are positive technical opinions of the AEMPS that are prior to the authorization and put in the drug market, which will happen within a few months.

Once the medications have been authorized, all the information of each of them (from the technical file and prospect, to its conditions of prescription, use and real availability in the market) can be consulted on the AEMPS website, withinThe CIMA section: Online Information Center for AEMPS Medicines.

fiasp (Asparta insulin)
Approved indication: treatment of diabetes mellitus in adults.

It will be available in injection solution (100 units/ ml).
The active substance is insulin asparta, an analogous of fast action of insulin.It acts in the same way as natural insulin, facilitating the absorption of glucose to skeletal and adipose muscle tissue and inhibiting glucose output from the liver.
He has shown that he controls the level of blood glucose.
The adverse reaction observed more frequently during clinical development was hypoglycemia.

suliqua (insulin glargina/lixisenatida)
Approved indication:
Indicated in combination with metformin, in the treatment of adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus to improve glycemic control, when this has not been achieved with metformin in monotherapy or metformin in combination with other oral hypoglycemic medications or basal insulin.

It is a combination of fixed dose of insulin glargina, an analogue of insulin, and legendly, a selective agonist of the peptide receptor similar to type 1 glucagon (LPG-1).Glargine insulin is specifically binded to the human insulin receiver, producing the same pharmacological effects as this one.Lixisenatid stimulates glucose -dependent insulin secretion and reduces glucagon release.

The data showed that in combination with metformin it has a clinically relevant effect on glycemic control in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Suliqua has no effect on body weight.

The adverse reactions observed more frequently during clinical development were hypoglycemia, dizziness and gastrointestinal adverse reactions such as nausea and diarrhea.

Source: Link

macarron_con_diabetes's profile photo
macarron_con_diabetes
12/22/2016 8:27 p.m.

DM1 desde Julio 1992 (con 11 años).
Bomba Medtronic 780G con Novorapid.
HbA1c: 5,9% (Octubre 2022), TIR 91%

I add:

The CHMP recommends FIASP (Commercial name of insulin aspart of rapid action) for use basal-bolus therapy in combination with basal insulin and for continuous subcutaneous infusion with insulin pump.Novo Nordisk has developed FIASP as a fast-acting insulin with a higher hypoglycemic effect during the first 30-60 minutes and faster, resembling its behavior to that of endogenous insulin

macarron_con_diabetes
12/22/2016 8:29 p.m.

This news had happened to me!thank you.
The day has already made me happy, finally a slightly faster insulin !!

According to this Link The final approval is expected in the fourth pimer of 2017. Let's see when they begin to prescribe it here ... what do you want.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/22/2016 10:16 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The news looks very well !!And how fast is it?The current one is supposed to take effect after 15 minutes but the peak has it from 60-75 minutes.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
12/22/2016 11:09 p.m.

For some meals I do not know if they agree so fast, for example with the legumes, I put the humalog after eating because if it does not give me the descent before it has finished, but for others it will be luxury, we will have to handle the 2 dependingWhat comos

Gala's profile photo
Gala
12/22/2016 11:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Gala gets much later and that's it.Affrazza, the inhaled insulin that is marketed in the US. It has a fairly strong effect, and in an hour its action is almost over.What they do is consume it at the end of eating or even 15 or 30 minutes after eating, depending on the food.

In addition, the stupidity of having to walk by telling hydrates of what you are going to eat before knowing if in the end you will have more or less hunger, we can eat what they want without extra dose afterwards.

And let's not talk about corrections, be in 200 and have to wait almost two and a half hours to go down to 100 is pathetic, which we are in 2016 please ... with AFrezza Corriges and in an hour there is already.

I want something like that, the action times of the insulins that we have now are not worth me at all, that peak at the time is stupid.I will certainly not continue using the ones we have at all.

Of course, older people or people who do not dominate the disease well will have very strong hypoglycemia and there will be scares.So I hope you don't give it to everyone without having good diabetological education.That we pay fair for sinners.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/23/2016 12:53 a.m.

I understand that for the use of this insulin we must have a rather large diabetological education, I do not think they are prescribed to anyone.To correct hypers I see it super useful or when you are going to eat and you are tall tin, however, for the days and meals in objective you will have to check the action times of the new insulin with the different types of hydrates.In fine, every day of intensive course !!For corrections I see the truth very interesting

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/23/2016 8:55 a.m.

With the inhaled insulin that could go little by little, that is, seeing trends and putting more or less on demand and without having to puncture four times what happens to my son in a copious meal, come to control levels andCorrect constantly, and all because of the fats that hinder digestion and make it upload ...
With this new insulin we would also end this ...: -H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
12/23/2016 10:53 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

It would be great for my daughter, for what Artorias says.We find it difficult to know what you are going to eat, especially at meals and dinners.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/23/2016 11:33 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

How good!It would be good to have to make it compatible with the normal fast, for corrections or depending on the food as say.

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/23/2016 noon

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Especially for corrections would come luxury, for meals because the other "normal", although it is like everything, supply and punctuLet's see if it has come down (that despairs me)

macarron_con_diabetes
12/23/2016 8:57 p.m.

imaccprime said:
especially for corrections would come luxury, for meals because the other "normal", although it is like everythingThe effect is a pass, not to wait 2h when we are high to see if it has dropped (that despairs me)

Eye, the one that takes effect in an hour is Afrrezza, the inhaled, that we are not going to smell it at the moment.

That of this thread or idea of ​​its duration and exact power, hopefully it does not last more than an hour and a half.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/24/2016 12:20 a.m.

Okay, we will have to see how it goes and its use I see it difficult ... to see if one occurs a severe hypo ... when a handful has tried it, it will already tell ... with insulin bombs many can be madeCorrections, I think that if it is faster it can help the creation of a closed handle pump ... Come on, the more options we have, the better.We will have to see its use.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
12/24/2016 2:17 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello good.Does anyone know anything about this ultrarapid insulin (FIASP)?I think it has already been approved in Europe, in fact I know of a person who is already using it in UK.Do you know if it has arrived in Spain? Can they already prescribe it?Thank you

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/21/2017 1:51 p.m.

Albertot said:
good.Does anyone know anything about this ultrarapid insulin (FIASP)?I think it has already been approved in Europe, in fact I know of a person who is already using it in UK.Do you know if it has arrived in Spain? Can they already prescribe it?Thanks

I sent a few days an email to Novo Nordisk Spain, and they replied textually "thank you very much for your interest, but for now there is no expected date of marketing."

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
04/21/2017 3:13 p.m.

Thanks @Artorias for the info.Please, if you find out when it begins to be prescribed in Spain, informen.It can be an interesting advance.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
04/24/2017 8:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.