{'en': 'Diabetes and vegetarianism', 'es': 'Diabetes y vegetarianismo'} Image

Diabetes and vegetarianism

Nila's profile photo   12/15/2016 8:47 a.m.

Good, any vegetarian here?Mainly type II diabetic

I am trying to modify my diet, I still have meat and fish, because I am somewhat lost, I am afraid that my diet takes some side and is not suitable for the disease, normally when I look for information or food ideas it is mainly based on foods thatI tend to avoid or eat in small quantity (pasta, rice, potato ...), so any experience would be of great help, or if you know an interesting website on the subject.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/15/2016 8:47 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3
HG octubre 2021: 5,7; junio 2021: 6,5; 2020: 6,7; 2019: 6,7. 2018: 6,4

Hello, I was vegetarian until 16 years.Now I have 43 and I am not.Like little meat.
Eating "good" is first an adequate listening of your body, something easy (especially in our society that hyperaturulla with "lo-who-debe-series" (according to dominant ideologies or that are made more, of course) andTake the listening of one's needs) but little by little it is possible to know the needs of one.

Sudden changes in food are not well tolerated, in general, by the human body;So, if possible, it is better to make progressive changes, so that the body is used.

Wife and legumes are rich sources of protein and other many nutrients, and are indispensable in any balanced diet.I like nuts (nuts, almonds, sunflower seeds, sesame, etc.) every day.And legumes (lentils, chickpeas, beans, etc.) several times a week.

Goat's milk (as is, or in the form of yogurt) has a lotmore suitable for adult human consumption and, there are also vegetables that contain much more calcium).

As for cereals, those of whole grain, the integrals (in addition to being much more nutritious, have a much lower glycemic index than the refined glycemic index, so that the blood glucose climbs when eating themThey are slower and maintained, they make less peaks).And not only of rice we live humans (which in these parts seems that nothing else is known): there is oatmeal, quinoa, amaranth, barley, rye, etc.

Without pretending that they are Bibles, there is much interesting information in several books: the "integral" publishing house has a few good, with amounts of nutrients from a complete food list, with types of ways of cooking (which also affectsnutrients), with recipes, etc.(I have one at home, but I don't remember the title, I already tell you).There is also one from Montse Bradford, "the new energy kitchen", with very utles things.Anyway, they are just a couple of examples.

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
12/17/2016 12:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for book suggestions.I'm going to look for them.

Quinoa I take and it seems like a discovery, I feel phenomenal, I take many legumes, once seeds and nuts not every day.I also like goat milk lacteos, what I don't usually find is milk, which I take it as a cow.

I will take a look at the books, to see if I am interested.Again, thank you very much for answering.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/19/2016 11:18 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

Where did the image of the first message come from?I have not put it

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/19/2016 11:25 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@"Nila" The book of "Integral" that I have at home is "The book of natural cuisine"
This is: Link Paign = 19330

I have a later edition, from 2004. I don't know if they will have edited more, although I guess yes, or similar.

The "really" goat's milk (use, direct of the goats and boiled at home) for me is very strong;But I like yogurt, and cheese too.In the supermarkets consume they have goat milk, I think that of the "Asturian" brand;or at least in what is close to my house.
(But surely in an ecological supermarket, large or similar herbalism you find that and more).

Good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/20/2016 9:11 a.m.

Thank you.The goat and sheep cheese are the ones that I like the most, but you are right that as milk, it is usually stronger, you have to like the taste, the cow's is softer.I have ever taken milk, but what I have close is Mercadona and I don't usually see it.Maybe I try some vegetable milk, I don't like soybeans, cream almonds that sell in the Mercadona either, but maybe there are others

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/20/2016 9:52 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

I not only like soybean soy drink, but I feel bad.In general, soybeans are hypervalued here, since it became fashionable, but it is very difficult to digest and you have to take it as the orientals, to a minimum, macerated, in accompaniments, in soups ... that which is done here ofYogurts and porrillo soy milk is superindigest for our body, in general.Anyway, for me the soybeans, outside.

Other cereal drinks?Many: I take oatmeal mainly, sometimes rice (less, because it empalas and rises faster; for example, a rice drink helps me to trace hypos sometimes);I also take hazelnuts and almonds (this less because I find it much stronger).Also of barley and spelled from time to time.There are with added sugars (it is usually agave syrup) and without sugars.I take them absolutely without any addition.
The only ones that are very difficult to find without sugars are those of nuts (hazelnut and almonds) because their flavor is so strong that people do not take them.
As for the cream milk that they sell in conventional supermarkets, they all have or sugar or fructose, so it must also be taken into account.

Again I can tell you that in consumption a while ago they are starting to have 1 liter bricks of rice and oat milk.In Mercadona I don't know.

Anyway, they all have hydrates in variable quantity, depending on the cereal or dry base, and depending on whether or not they are added sweetening.And they are not substitute for milk: milk has some properties and these drinks (proteins, for example, it has many more milk)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/20/2016 10:04 a.m.

Yes, I understand what you say.I would look for something without added sugars, you also have to see how the body responds, in my case, the milk for example, I have to take it skimmed, the normal rises quite the levels, on the other hand, that of cereals would have to try it because the same thingI get up to more, it would be a matter of trying products and seeing what is doing better.

Nila's profile photo
Nila
12/20/2016 10:28 a.m.

Diabetes desde 03/15
Lantus
MODY 3

@imara because cow's milk is not convenient for consumption in adults?

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
12/20/2016 1:30 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

You can try Alpiste drink.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/20/2016 1:39 p.m.

@"Samozeus", rather than being inadequate in general, is that there is evidence that it generates many health problems in many people, such as other foods.The problem is not that it is bad or good, the problem is that there are many foods that exist, that we have close, that have the same properties or more than cow's milk, and there is no talk of them from the dominant ideologies and powerseconomic.To say that cow's milk is the best source of calcium is not true, and saying that it is indispensable for growth and the best of the best, it is not true.That campaigns are paid privileging a food and not to speak of others, is to give half truths and enhance the use of according to what things according to what interests (there are many companies with powerful economic interests behind many food campaigns, like so many other things,And using scientific argument dressed in beautiful colors, they acquire an impressive psychological-public capacity, such that they direct a large mass of population by some paths and deter them from others, which are not worse, simply different from the most standardized, commonly and sociallybetter known and accepted).

Anyway, rather than discussing milk, I simply wanted to make the partner who has asked for any information.What serves each one, great, and whatever, leave it.

Here are some links that I have found on Google that will tell you more things that I can tell you.Information to seas, from many different points of view on the entire website

Link
Link
Link

What I do is experiment in myself, inform myself in reliable and serious sources, listen to what the body asks and eat in the way that best does to me.No rigid paths taxes.

good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
12/21/2016 8:54 a.m.

Especially it is about having a balanced diet and avoiding all products with high glycemic index, this is where vegetables such as brocoli, spinach and others come very well.
Fruits too but do not exceed and forget about fruit juices,

Do not always forget to consult with a nutriator since you remember that on the Internet you can find a lot but each case is unique and different, also sometimes you are located with false information, I really like to consult with the site Link

jasf2549's profile photo
jasf2549
12/21/2016 9:31 p.m.

I want to thank you for the info you exposed for your time to help people lookingLet's see my state of health I hope everything is fine.A big hug and thank you very much .. a kiss and many blessings towards your person, family and have a phenomenal health.

derek's profile photo
derek
09/14/2018 4:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.