Teacher tests all her students with the same prick

fer's profile photo   12/16/2016 3:22 p.m.

When we say that information and training on diabetes is vital, it is clearly so for the people we have, however, it is also important that there is more knowledge in people who do not have it, to show this news (something sensationalist) aboutAn event that illustrates the general ignorance about diabetes and its implications, here I leave it.

The Ministry of Education of the Canary Islands has opened an investigation to determine why about twenty students from a Gran Canaria Institute underwent a glucose analysis without medical supervision and with the same needle, without sterilizing, according to Antena 3.

The events occurred a month ago but the center director says that he learned what happened last Friday and that was when he asked for explanations to the teacher in charge of the class.This teacher argues that she believed that the needle was changed automatically and that she took the test herself.

The affected minors must now be tested every six months to rule out that they have contracted some disease.Their parents are outraged and demand that responsibilities be purified.

The analysis was carried out during a day on diabetes that hosted the center to provide students with more information about this disease.

fer's profile photo
fer
12/16/2016 3:22 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Incredible ... when I read it I did not believe it ... at least it serves me to see some "advantage" to the little implication of my daughter's school, this will not happen hahaha

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
12/16/2016 4:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

But how that talk could be given, with glucometer included, without a sanitary supervisor!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/16/2016 9:05 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have always said it, teachers are not healthy and should not do these things for their own initiative, just as they should not try to force them to take care of chronic patients.
Above with the huge number of nurses without work that are having to leave Spain.

Each one who is dedicated to yours, in schools is needed nurses, if not all, at least one in each area, and chronic sick children who have absolute preference to choose that center that has a nurse.This is what we should fight (and many other things ...).

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/16/2016 11:28 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.