{'en': 'Rookie in diabetes', 'es': 'Novato en diabetes'} Image

Rookie in diabetes

maxicastillejo's profile photo   12/30/2016 2:57 a.m.

Hello forum,

I present myself, I broke in England in the middle of last August.According to the calculations of doctors and endocrine, I had not controlled diabetes for about 6 months ... (I lost 20 kg in those months).I am starting to meet me, count carbohydrates and live with it.

The truth is that the first week was a bit "driver" for the assimilation of the diagnosis and the avalanche of information that they were giving me, and above in English.After two weeks I returned to Spain and I had to pass another complete medical examination both through the health system of our country and for my family and all the recommendations of their colleagues who suddenly became experts in the field.

In short, I've been trying about 4 months.I started with 24 units of Lantus and measuring those of Novarapid according to what I ate.I have managed to maintain the levels in an acceptable way until recently.Earlier this month I started with Toujeo (24 units) and I have been out of control, almost always above 200. Even when I use quickly to compensate for the climbs I have at two hours of eating I do not achieve that it goes down much.

I have called my endocrine and we have decided to return with Lantus and observe me in these next few days.
I hope to get control of my levels again.

If someone has gone through the same or knows that it may be happening to me, do not hesitate to write hehe ...

Greetings to all !!: D

maxicastillejo's profile photo
maxicastillejo
12/30/2016 2:57 a.m.

Del 88. DM1 desde 2016.
Novorápid (según raciones) y Lantus (26)
Probando aparatos varios...y conociéndome...

@"Maxicastillejo".Welcome to the forum.I used Lantus and just changed to Tresiba.Insulin change takes time to stabilize, one week or more.I don't know if the same thing happens with the toujeo.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/30/2016 10:32 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Toujeo or better threeiba.I take us for three months to refine.Despair.Now is the best.No hypoglycemia by basal

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
12/30/2016 11:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @"Maxicastillejo"!
I also spend from Lantus to Toujeo, although I spent a short time with Lantus the truth.At first we cost us a bit to find the dose (there were a few units more than with Lantus), but now I am delighted the truth, I do not notice very strong peaks and it is quite stable.
All the best!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
12/30/2016 11:45 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

With toujeo more units of Lantus are needed., but, being much more concentrated, the injected volume is much lower.
I think you lacked up and adjust the toujeo.
Welcome to the forum!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/30/2016 12:07 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello,
Instead, I spent a month with Lantus at the beginning (in February) and gave me some hypoglycemia of Aúpa.I changed Toujeo, with the same units, and helped me stabilize.

As for the info avalanche ... we learn to screen and apply the most necessary and little by little we are assimilating and incorporating what is best for us.

imara's profile photo
imara
12/30/2016 12:12 p.m.

With toujeo they are between 10 and 20% more of the units you put in Lantus, but I understand that as in my case is your endocrin@ that should have informed you so go up until you stabilize.What seems sad to me is that we have to say in a forum without mentioned your endocrin@... again, in the end

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/30/2016 3:21 p.m.

Thanks for your comments!
Today I have already noticed change ... The levels have returned to reasonable dimensions ...
As I told you, talk to the endocrine and we decided to change to Lantus because he still had about 4 pencils in the fridge.
I will observe myself these weeks and I will comment on the next consultation.

Thank you!!

maxicastillejo's profile photo
maxicastillejo
12/31/2016 12:50 a.m.

Del 88. DM1 desde 2016.
Novorápid (según raciones) y Lantus (26)
Probando aparatos varios...y conociéndome...

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.