Prior formation to insulin pump

Tiver's profile photo   12/30/2016 6:57 p.m.

Good to all.

In 2017 I may go to the treatment of diabetes with insulin pump after many years with Novorapid and Levemir.

My endocrine always tells me that I must be prepared to use it but they never call me for courses on food that they used to do and it does not give me a solution.They have been in my hospital for more than a year.

I would like to be self -taught and train as much as possible and then show you that I am prepared to start my pump treatment.Obviously the basics is to inform me about how the theme of Bolus, the infusions, chairs, etc, etc,, and the other the HC count of all the food and have a skill to know that I inject myself.

How have you trained?Is there any specific course of the scoolapio style?Any reference page?What topics are the keys to dominate?On the Internet there is a lot of information but sometimes it is difficult to discern that of quality or really important.

Greetings and thanks

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
12/30/2016 6:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good night Tiver
You ask the normal questions before putting the bomb, do not worry too much, the basal (insulin singing during the day) is scheduled by the endocrine based on the units that you inject and your whole history (when you usually make hypos, etc).As for the count of lis hydrates, they will tell you the sensitivity of insulin, and you will be scheduled by the pump for hydrates rations, so many rations so many insulin units, (each person is different and we do not react in the same way with insulin),You just have to be clear that 1 hydrate ration is 10gr.Therefore, if you eat 4 cookies and there are 35 gr of hydrate, they will be 3'5 rations.I don't know if I have explained well.I hope I do not afternoon in making the change to bomb, life improves you, you have time flexibility, it is another world.
I hope to have helped.
Montse

Montse Serra's profile photo
Montse Serra
12/30/2016 8:10 p.m.

@"Montse Serra", this page is very good: Link

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
12/30/2016 9:38 p.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Montse Serra Thank you, if in reality I have read all those issues and investigated even if another does not apply it today (the concept of calculating the HC), but I know those terms such as the glycemic index, insulin sensitivity, etc.
My endocrine always tells me the same, I must be prepared for him to start the request for change but I do not give me facilities, by magic I will not be.

Ainoha great that website

Thank you

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
12/30/2016 10:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.