Fasting oats

dracof's profile photo   12/04/2017 7:27 p.m.

Good morning, my mother is diabetic, I give you three quarters of a large glass of water with 4 tablespoons of oats soaked since the previous night, approximately 12 hours soaked, today reading I found that the oatmeal marks "3 minutes 3 minutes"Quaker is bad for the diabetic because it contains sugar and to soak it and drink the water is bad because that water contains the bad of the oatmeal.I give the oatmeal and in passing I take the same thing because of lowering the cholesterol, can you advise me in some way of eating the oats for the desired purposes without harming my mother?.Some brand, soak it does not soak it, etc.

Greetings and thank you very much.

dracof's profile photo
dracof
12/04/2017 7:27 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Oatmeal contains a lot of carbohydrate and will raise the glycemia of any person with diabetes, comma such as comma.If it also carries added sugar, more will upload its glycemia, it is a drawer.Regarding other components that can be harmful to oatmeal, I do not know ...

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/04/2017 10:24 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

drcoof said:
good day, my mother is diabetic, I give you three quarters of a large glass of water with 4 tablespoons of oatmeal soaked from the previous night, approximately about 12 hoursSoaked, today reading I found that the oatmeal "3 minutes" of Quaker is bad for the diabetic because it contains sugar and that soaking it and drinking the water is bad because that water contains the bad of the oatmeal.I give the oatmeal and in passing I take the same thing because of lowering the cholesterol, can you advise me in some way of eating the oats for the desired purposes without harming my mother?.Some brand, soak it does not soak it, etc.

Greetings and thank you very much.

I breakfast oatmeal (natural and ecological culture) with natural yogurt and 1/2 apple (30 gr of oats = 2 portions; 2 natural yogurts = 1 ration; 1/2 apple = 1 ration).Oatmeal has enough carbohydrate but a glycemic index of 40, I don't give me spikes.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/06/2017 8:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Dracof", good day.The soaked oats 12 hrs ... I don't know .... you will put a consistency.It is not necessary to let it soak.I recommend using oats in flakes and instead of water with cold milk, it is very good.Better without added sugar so that you can control the sugar you put, with a tablespoon it is enough or none.To give flavor you can put some ground cinnamon.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/08/2017 12:33 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Hello!To all!
I do not know much on the subject .... I have seen on a healthy food website, a recipe for pancakes with oatmeal+pieces of apple.
The question I wanted to ask you, is how you buy it and if you upload the glucose?I have read you that sugar -free oatmeal .....
The second issue, which is what I do totally, is if it is healthy to take it at breakfast, even if you do not do a sport "strong? I say it because for what I have read, the athletes use it a lot ... and the second is if iffattening?
My breakfasts so far I do them with fruit, and other times bread, which seems healthier than the typical cookies or muffins ... but of course, what I do not want is that as I have also read, that fattens

Thanks !!

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
02/07/2018 11:09 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

It is best to try ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/08/2018 12:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Rake", I use oatmeal to make cake and it has 59 grams of carbohydrates per 100 grams of oats and has an average glycemic index of 40. It is better if you consume it in flakes, mixed with cold milk is very good.My son, everything you eat fattens!

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/08/2018 11:54 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.