Lost with diabetes

Sara47's profile photo   12/10/2017 11:19 a.m.

Hello everyone.

I follow you to see if I take some ideas because I have diagnosed me diabetes 1 three months ago and I am somewhat lost.

So I have encouraged myself to enter the forum.

I have many doubts, since I still do not control why sugar goes up or down and more now;It turns out that I bought the free freestyle and I do well, but, of course, it gives me much more information and many days I have high sugar, especially after lunch and dinner, reaching 300 and then in the morning you go down from45 ...

To the readers, I understand that we are the ones who change the doses of insulin to avoid this, but sometimes I am afraid to do without consulting the endocrine, but neither, I suppose, I must wait until the end of January that is when I have the appointment.

The endocrine told me that it was I who had to find adequate doses to what he eaten, but for the moment I find it difficult to find her and that I have read books of all kinds about carbohydrates, rations and others ....

Greetings,

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
12/10/2017 11:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sara47 said:
Hello everyone.I follow you to see if I take some ideas because they have diagnosed me diabetes 1 three months ago and I am some loss.So I have encouraged myself to enter the forum.I have many doubts, since I still do not control why sugar goes up or down and more now;It turns out that I bought the free freestyle and I do well, but, of course, it gives me much more information and many days I have high sugar, especially after lunch and dinner, reaching 300 and then in the morning you go down from45 ... I understand that it is we who change the doses of insulin to avoid this, but sometimes I am afraid to do without consulting the endocrine, but neither, I suppose, I must wait until the end of January that is whenI have the appointment.The endocrine told me that it was I who had to find adequate doses to what he eaten, but for the moment I find it difficult to find her and that I have read books of all kinds about carbohydrates, rations and others ....

It is usually true that we are the ones who make decisions at the end and endors in the end simply confirm, but that happens over time when there is already a test or error trials.
You don't have an educator or someone to explain to you about HC's rations?Learning it listening is much easier than if you get to read, I particularly that at first it is an endo who regulates you and giving you guidelines, taking into account all the changes that the bodies suffer and that also produce changes in glucose.They must also give you insulin ratios for meals, which then you will be in the end who modifies them.
A lot of encouragement and a lot of patience come at the beginning.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2017 12:01 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thanks for answering, Jconegar.The endocrine told me to put 2 before breakfast, 4 before lunch and 3 before dinner and 9 at night, but I think they are not adequate because, as I said, the sugar goes up a lot and sometimes after climbing I have descents.And so I am that I do not know if I vary the dose gradually increasing that of breakfast ... the educator has not seen me yet because they are in late to attend to those of the debut, so I rely on what I read and amobile application that endocrine recommended me.But I have the feeling that three things tell you and the adventure, to try without having much idea and experimenting while many days with high sugar and I worry and then the appointments are two months ... they should be awarethat we started we have no idea.

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
12/10/2017 12:51 p.m.

Sara47 said:
Thanks for answering, jconegar.The endocrine told me to put 2 before breakfast, 4 before lunch and 3 before dinner and 9 at night, but I think they are not adequate because, as I said, the sugar goes up a lot and sometimes after climbing I have descents.And so I am that I do not know if I vary the dose gradually increasing that of breakfast ... the educator has not seen me yet because they are in late to attend to those of the debut, so I rely on what I read and amobile application that endocrine recommended me.But I have the feeling that three things tell you and the adventure, to try without having much idea and experimenting while many days with high sugar and I worry and then the appointments are two months ... they should be awarethat we started we have no idea.

I do not like talking badly about doctors because they really have no fault, many have no training and if they have it they cannot have the necessary time to serve us well, a pity but it is that hard diabetes, as we do not notice because it seems likeThat we are always fine.None are books or mathematics, which goes well to each other, each one has a life, some concerns, a different job and heart, and everything really affects the control of diabetes.Be very careful at the beginning if several doses are a little more on the glycemia controls.
A big hug

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2017 2:08 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

If you see very disparate values ​​with the Free, wipe your finger.Sometimes Free gives errors and does not serve to adjust dose.
Have you given you glucometer or and strips?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2017 3:10 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello "@Sara47".I attach information that I hope will help you.
Regarding the doses, I also believe that the doctor should advise you and, as Regina tells you, get on your finger.
Have you told you how many rations you should eat at each meal?Perhaps the best thing is that you take a record of meals (and rations) and the doses you wear, that will make it easier for you to know your diabetes and act accordingly.
Much encouragement.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/10/2017 3:40 p.m.

Hello, you are very friendly.Amélie, thanks for the documents.I answer you.From the first day I have glucometer and strips, but I went to the endocrine consultation two months after starting the disease and told me that I could use free freestyle.I have been testing it for a week to make sure that blood values ​​and in the device coincide and do so;And he warns me of the descents, I am happy with him, I have not stopped clicking on my finger, but less times.I have not been told the rations that I have to eat, because that would help me;As I am very thin, the endocrine has told me to eat everything and adapt the dose to the rations I eat and that is complicated for me.I know the theory from so much to read and see web pages, but in practice ... today, for example, after taking two tangerines in the middle of the morning the sugar began to climb and I arrived high to lunch, so today byFirst time I put on one more than I always wear, to see if I do not get so much later ... a question, is just food that sugar goes up a lot?How much is normal?I say just food, not at two hours.I have decided from today to upload one more unit at each meal, if I arrive high and control more with the sensor so that it does not call me down, but my goal is that it does not go up so much ... Let's see if it is atino.Thanks again for contacting me.I am glad to have "thrown" enter the forum.

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
12/10/2017 4:38 p.m.

Sara47 said:
Hello, you are very friendly.Amélie, thanks for the documents.I answer you.From the first day I have glucometer and strips, but I went to the endocrine consultation two months after starting the disease and told me that I could use free freestyle.I have been testing it for a week to make sure that blood values ​​and in the device coincide and do so;And he warns me of the descents, I am happy with him, I have not stopped clicking on my finger, but less times.I have not been told the rations that I have to eat, because that would help me;As I am very thin, the endocrine has told me to eat everything and adapt the dose to the rations I eat and that is complicated for me.I know the theory from so much to read and see web pages, but in practice ... today, for example, after taking two tangerines in the middle of the morning the sugar began to climb and I arrived high to lunch, so today byFirst time I put on one more than I always wear, to see if I do not get so much later ... a question, is just food that sugar goes up a lot?How much is normal?I say just food, not at two hours.I have decided from today to upload one more unit at each meal, if I arrive high and control more with the sensor so that it does not call me down, but my goal is that it does not go up so much ... Let's see if it is atino.Thanks again for contacting me.I am glad to have "throw" enter the forum.

I measure 1.68 and weight 50 kilos.From the first day they told me the rations I had to eat.
On this page you can calculate it: Link
Anyway, everything depends on the greater or lesser physical activity that you do.They told me to take:
- 4 rations in the morning
- 1 ration in mid -morning
- 5 rations to food
- 1 ration of snack
- 5 dinner rations

That was when I started (on the 28th I will do a year).As of today, as my physical activity is less, I have decided to reduce carbohydrate rations.Two mandarins can be two portions.I, for example, could not take them if I am going to be sitting all morning (even working), because I know that I would arrive at food.
I do not have too much experience, but I think it is possible that "just" food the sugar starts to rise, everything depends on what you eat ... if it is something of rapid absorption ... That is why it is recommended to start the food with vegetables, because absorption slows down.

Regarding the amounts of rapid insulin that you should put on, I think you will learn that little by little ...

It was hard for me to introduce myself to the forum ... but I am happy to have done it, I have learned a lot and, the truth, one feels "wrapped up."

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/10/2017 6:45 p.m.

I have looked at that page and I get almost like you, Amélie, only two servings instead of one in the middle of the morning and in the middle of the afternoon.The mid -morning I do because I get hungry, but the mid -afternoon I do not do it and the endocrine seemed good.Just to have a reference, how many units do you put on and how often?Also in mid -morning or only before main meals?

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
12/10/2017 7:39 p.m.

Sara47 said:
I looked at that page and I get almost like you, Amélie, only two rations instead of one in the middle of the morning and in the middle of the afternoon.The mid -morning I do because I get hungry, but the mid -afternoon I do not do it and the endocrine seemed good.Just to have a reference, how many units do you put on and how often?Also mid -morning or only before main meals?

You are right, they were 2 in the middle of the morning and mid -afternoon, but I decided to lower them in half.
For now I just get slow, I'm "enduring" like this.

Amélie's profile photo
Amélie
12/10/2017 10:59 p.m.

@"Sara47" as I have read you I think you are high because the effect of the rapid on your body is much later.I would tell you to get the quick half an hour before each meal so that the effect matches you more or less with the metabolization of each meal.With the free you see perfectly when the descent begins .... that means that the fast insulin effects you.He accounts at the time you put it on and the time he goes down ... So you know in every meal that delay carries.
Forget about the famous 15 min ... I at breakfast is 1 hour, at the 40 min meals and in the 50 min dinners or so.

Regarding the rations, each one eats what he needs.They gave me a diet of 3.5 rations at breakfast, 2.5 portions in lunch and snack and 6 portions for meals and dinners (1700kcal).In the end, 6 rations in meals and dinners is a lot, so remove the ration of bread and pharinaceos and I have left it in 4 or 3 portions.Many days not melting or lunch.
In principle it was 1 units/ if I was high before each meal (I never put myself fast), the second years of diabetes 1ud in each main meal and now that it is my third year .... Well, it depends on my hormonal cycle but normal but normalThere are 2-3 un at breakfast, 2 units at food and dinner.If lunch or merdo I do not wear anything, the slow one controls it well.

In the end, you are the manager of your diabetes.The endocrine guides you based on what you tell him, but it is you who has to do the tests to succeed and make mistakes, that it is not bad because you learn a lot like your body responds to certain meals and with which dose.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
12/11/2017 10:52 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you, Ruthbia, who forgot to answer you.I am ... Let's see if I give with adequate dose, but it is complicated.There are many factors to take into account and read in the forum that sometimes the ups and downs are files X.

Sara47's profile photo
Sara47
01/04/2018 2:04 p.m.

Hi Sara.Welcome!
From what I read in your messages, and according to my experience with this, I would tell you that the climbs after eating are that you fall short of insulin, although I think you have already realized that and you are uploading the doses.Also tell you that, for what they told me, it is appropriate to do the controls two hours after meals, I do not know if it will be the case.
On the morning descents, I don't know if the new units you say to put yourself at night will be slow, in that case I think you should lower it.
Another thing regarding dose changes ... Do not expect immediate results, I mean that when you wait a few days to see if they take effect and, if not, change again.This also told me my endocrine.
As you have already told you, this is each of each one, it is you who have to see the doses that go best, with the support/supervision of the endocrine, of course.But, in the end, it is each of each one.You'll see how over time you know how to control very well.
Greetings and, good luck!:)

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/04/2018 7:18 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.