Tresiba and Metformin

Irene Ainzón's profile photo   01/06/2017 1:48 p.m.

Hello, I am 24 years old and I have been with DM1 for a year and a half.I was using Apidra and Lantus.Yesterday my endocrine took me the lantus since I had nocturnal hypoglycemia, and has prescribed the new three ultra slow.I continue with Apidra and also a pill of metformin 850g daily.

Is there anyone who has the same combination?How is the new threeiba?

Irene Ainzón's profile photo
Irene Ainzón
01/06/2017 1:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I did not know that in addition to slow and fast insulin there were necessary to take pills.I don't understand that combination.Can you tell me why do you take the metmorphine?DT2 have pills treatment.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
01/06/2017 4:05 p.m.

Are you lada?

Zate's profile photo
Zate
01/06/2017 10:23 p.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

I am not Lada, yesterday my endocrine changed my medication.Metformin told me that it would help me lose weight since since I started with diabetes, I had gain weight.

Irene Ainzón
01/06/2017 10:40 p.m.

I told you because I am lada and I take it, according to my endocrine because the nasals do not have them very bad and so regulates them.He has not done any side effect, I mean that he has not lost me either.Let's see how it goes to you !!Tell us !!What amount has given you?

Zate's profile photo
Zate
01/07/2017 8:47 a.m.

DM1 (LADA) desde 2015
Apidra
Última hemo 5

Zate said:
I told you because I am lada and I take it, according to my endocrine because the nasals do not have them very badly and so regulates them.He has not done any side effect, I mean that he has not lost me either.Let's see how it goes to you !!Tell us !!What amount has given you?

A pill at the time of the food of 850 and as for the three of 10 units at night and control if I wake up more than 120 up a unit every four days.At the moment, in two days I have only stayed below so I don't upload it.As for metformin I will tell you if something shows something ...

Irene Ainzón
01/08/2017 3:25 a.m.

But the metformin is prescribed to type 1?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
01/08/2017 11:31 p.m.

narcissus said:
but metformin are prescribed to type 1?

Of course, I am type one and I have acquaintances in the association that also takes it.

Irene Ainzón
01/11/2017 8:51 p.m.

And why do you prescribe metformin?Why do they have a lot of insulin resistance and have to wear very high doses or something?

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/11/2017 10:22 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

miexron said:
and why do they prescribe metformin?Because they have a lot of insulin resistance and have to wear very high doses or something?
miexron said:
and why do they prescribe metformin?Because they have a lot of insulin resistance and have to wear very high doses or something?

Use Apidra, no more than 12 units a day divided at breakfast/food/dinner.

I used Lantus and now Tresiba followed in 10 units every night.My doctor told me that I was prescribed to see if I got weight, although as much as I have investigated I do not know if it will have such effect on me.

Irene Ainzón
01/12/2017 9:30 p.m.

Mmm, because I did not know that I could help lose weight ... I have found a thread looking in which they talk about metformin in DM1 and that, looking at it above if they comment that they usually prescribe it for type 1 when they have some insulin resistanceI don't know if they will also comment on some weight loss:

Link

You will tell us how you are doing!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/12/2017 10:52 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I used to have a lantus (I put a barbarity 55ui) 3 months ago they have changed me to the Tresiba and I put 38ui and I'm going very well.I also had nightlife and now I have no hypos!I also have the metformin, I take one at breakfast, another at lunch and another at dinner.And thanks to the Tresiba I am losing weight and I wear much less ultra -grape units.It will be great :) You'll tell us

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/12/2017 11:36 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

euberiro_24 said:
I used to have lantus (I put me 55ui a barbarity) 3 months ago they have changed me to the threeiba and I put 38ui and I'm going very well.I also had nightlife and now I have no hypos!I also have the metformin, I take one at breakfast, another at lunch and another at dinner.And thanks to the Tresiba I am losing weight and I wear much less ultra -grape units.It will be great :) You'll tell us

Thank you so much!!At the moment I carry little but the nocturnal hypo have disappeared and I am no longer waked up soaked in sweat!As for metformin because I have noticed a lack of appetite the truth that very great, knowing me !!I have read that it is an effect that sometimes appears but only at the beginning.

Irene Ainzón
01/13/2017 4:59 p.m.

miexron said:
mmm, because I didn't know that I could help lose weight ... I have found a thread looking in which they talk about metformin in DM1 and that, looking at it above if they comment that itThey usually prescribe for type 1 when they have some insulin resistance, I don't know if they will also comment on some weight loss:

Link

You will tell us how you are doing!

Thanks for sending me the thread, I will inform myself a little more because it caught me in surprise to be the metformin some of DM2, although each person is a world.

Irene Ainzón
01/13/2017 5 p.m.

That pill is the one they send to the DT2 but in the case of our diabetes it serves as support for insulin because as you say @Ireneaizón this treatment is needed or used to help insulin reaches the cells properly.

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/13/2017 9:06 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.