The feat today ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/02/2017 1:47 a.m.

I wanted to tell you what happened to me today and ask you a question ... in general and quickly tell you that since last month that my son debuted this worst that before eating chocolate at home ... the novorapid lowers it a lot or nothing but nothing, the lantus goes down too ... its insulin sensitivity is 270 each unit
Talking to his endo today he told me that he divided 1800 between the doses that put him and would come out.It is worth here well ... From the maximum ignorance he did not create that being diabetic is synonymous with being demacrated, dark, white skin, excessively nervous all day ... stop being the child who was before we go.
Well, as you know his pediatrician did not let me correct without being before meals ... Well, it turnsThe dose for outside, sends him an email and gave him dinner as a flan waiting for the worst .. Answers me that watches it with glycemias every half hour plus the free freestyle and that if it triggers put 0.5 and correct the error, I spend an hourAnd peak in 130 and then began to rise abruptly to 240. I send another email and I tell him what is happening to me, which is already putting it because he will rise more to this rhythm and control ketones.Well, the freestyle begins to tell me that I go, I check in blood ... the same ... the child who hurts his belly and is sleepy I give water and go to bed .. My surprise has only lowered and very fast to 140Q has now .. and I wonder.
Is this a matter of the honeymoon?
It is not supposed to at the honeymoon everything "is better"?And can you even be more flexible when eating?(Said for my doctor) Well, this better has nothing we go ...
Will it be that is not type 1 and is another type?(Since I see that with insulins either is fine)
How is the dose out, do you get down the alone and so sharply?I am increasingly lost, if I pay attention to you and put the average unit ... a horse hypo is prepared ... !!!!Luckily, being so sensitive, I was waiting for 300 to prick it with more security ... I don't find an explanation at all lately ... diabetic is safe (glycosylated 9.2) when it debuted.At the moment he has not asked me more analytical, so I don't know much more ... and the antibodies and some more things have not yet arrived ... I don't know what to think
Sorry for the Tostón, let's see what you think .. I am still my hysterical I don't say that no ...
HAPPY YEAR .. !!!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2017 1:47 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I point out that the descent has been now and had dinner at 9 with what I understand that although some novorapid had entered him, he was not exhausted.
Also say that now that I have the freestyle I am seeing that nothing more starts to eat and I skew it is already going down ... it almost does not give him time to recover eating what is going down and I have to advance the dessert almost all the meals and then eatThe rest and at the time of eating ... Down!

DiabetesForo
01/02/2017 1:52 a.m.

~ X (

DiabetesForo
01/02/2017 1:56 a.m.

On the honeymoon you have to lower insulin, sometimes until almost nothing is left.
Study what happens to you and continue adjusting with half units.
And ask for diluid insulin, which you can adjust better

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2017 2:51 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If he went down alone, without a quick lack, it may be that it has excess basal.Keep observing.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2017 2:56 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

When Lantus took away (skewed 2) and I went down to 1 spent very high night I returned to 2
I think it has many peaks, anything shoots for example I have heard that many mothers give their children with 100 or less than 100, it always lowers from 2 to 4 in the morning to 80-90 I give it toKeep it until the morning 20 ml of milk and it already puts me in 160 and after sudden

DiabetesForo
01/02/2017 3:42 a.m.

Do you make hair glycemia or are they only free data?Is that the free sometimes of much control of controls.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2017 12:27 p.m.

@"Regina" both, I almost always don't care, in the high it varies a bit.Today more of the same thing I click and insulin as if it were water .. 5 cookies plus 200 ml of milk 235 It has reached mid -morning I have given him less ration for being high and now belly pain and indicates the freestyle qHe is going down quickly.What a kaos ...

DiabetesForo
01/02/2017 1:36 p.m.

Do you put the fast in the gut?
It seems that he has basal and lacks fast ... but they are such minimal doses, that adjustment is difficult ...

Anyway, if you got a glycosilada of 7, it would be very good, and with that follow -up you get.
When you recover weight, it will be easier, because the dose increases.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/02/2017 2:02 p.m.

Hello, @"tammy santin",
I would try not to go with preconceived ideas (for example, think whether or not it is on honeymoon) but to go to each moment with what I need: if it is now x, then that;If tomorrow it is and, then you give that.It is evident that with that sensitivity the peaks are going to be relieved, so not only will it have to adjust insulin, but also food, movement ... Everything of everyday life, until it stabilizes somewhat.

I am not a girl, obviously, but I do have the very high sensitivity for what is usually common in adults: there are times when it is 100 or 120 per unit of insulin, and also use plum of half doses for the rapid.And with that sensitivity I have seen them and desired to balance the peaks.So with your child's sensitivity, you still need much more attention, continuous adjustments and, above all, very calm, even if it is difficult.

Regarding what you say that it is dark, emaciated, nervous ... it is possible and understandable: when the body is a time with high glucose values, by lowering them, it responds badly.An excess of blood glucose causes the body to get used to and then lack (like a drug, more or less).I the first six months after starting insulin I was like this (and I have also read something similar in other people).It is a matter of sensibilities.And the coupling rhythm of each person is different.Little by little the body recovers its balance.

I wish you a lot of encouragement and serenity;Although it is not easy, it is the best way to find the way;both for you and your child.Emotions are not only affected by sudden changes in blood glucose, but also the other way around.You will see how little by little it is recovering.

A hug

imara's profile photo
imara
01/02/2017 2:20 p.m.

The basically honeymoon is that pancreas work again and release insulin.My doctor said that it made you more stable, and the pancreas always acted the same, but it didn't seem to me ... it makes you more flexible ... well so to speak, but it makes mathematics more complicated, because the sameWhat works one day not so well.
As for the state in which it is ... it is a shame, but it is a hard, physical and animated blow.The head is important, try to get too much extracted and do not think much about the disease.Although I imagine it will be complicated ...
In the end.I would like to help more, but I don't know more to say that patience and encourage, point everything and take good follow -up to see how the thing is going.If you do not limit more weight or improve, then you will have to keep warning doctors ...
Cheer up!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/02/2017 11:43 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

Thank you so much!The truth is the scheme every day is worse than the previous one ... now we are with hypoglycemia and rebound hyperglycemia ... I am doing tests with free freestyle, all the food is monitored to see how foods feel and how quickly they upload toGoing ideas ... he said with a pre of 140, he lowered 90 a good time (sweat) and at the hour and a half he began to chop up to 210 !!!Isn't it too much?Why don't you gradually?
In case it serves Ceno information:
Fish puree with 100g lentils and 50g potato (2R)
30 g of bread (1.5R)
Natural yogurt (0.5r)
90 g of strawberries (0.5r)
If I don't know what to prepare now!To work the pancreas anything shoots at 300 !!!
Thank you @"myxron" for the spirits ... for the moment we all carry it fatal!I hope it regulates a little because these changes make it fatal and to see it like this ufff ....

DiabetesForo
01/03/2017 12:04 a.m.

Don't be distressed, you have to take it easy.
Mix two hours after eating, if it went up more than 200, it will be short quickly.
I think you can refine more by putting a room of unity.
You can only do that with diluted insulin or bomb.
I think they can prescribe diluted insulin, it is prepared in the pharmacy. If the endocrine knows how to prescribe it ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2017 12:21 a.m.

Have you talked to your endo to change the lantus for threeiba or toujeo ???I have been with Lantus since it came out and I have come to hate her a lot for the peaks he made to me.I had hypos at night without explanation, other times I got up with 250 without knowing why.It was a horror.But since I changed to Tresiba and found the exact dose I have seen that it is much more stable and I have not had a nocturnal hypo.
With the little weight of your child and the sensitivity to insulin that he has (270 per unit) the Picos de la Lantus can give him some championship scares and that his graphics in free look like a roller coaster.I do not say that it is the solution, but I think it is worth seeing what the endo thinks about changing the happy Lantus.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
01/05/2017 12:57 p.m.

Hello @"tammy santin" there are certain issues that I do not like to play or advise since I am not endo and to touch a treatment it has to be a person who I know totally life and can speak long and lying.But there is one thing that if I am clear as the partner tells you, the Lantus was a headache for me since it came out when all doctors said it was flat and that it had to be put at night, I always had descents,As the partner tells you, I would talk to the endo to see what opinion he has of the new insulins, if he continues to tell you that the lantus is the best, I particularly considered seeing another endo.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/06/2017 12:46 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

That of the "honeymoon" is given in type 1?It is possible that the pancreas work even for a short moment?

Narciso's profile photo
Narciso
01/08/2017 11:18 p.m.

Good if it's from type 1 I lasted 1 month, they sent me home "Cured" and a month I had to return.At that time it was not known or did not know the endocrine (I do not say that everyone) of the honeymoon. According to (this is not exactly) the honeymoon are the last insulin reserves or the few beta cells that remainor that your immune system is still loading. You can last for a few weeks, several months.And nothing more appears to be diagnosed.
Anyway pancreas continues to work, what it does not do is produce insulin.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/09/2017 3:26 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.