{'en': 'My experience with caffeine capsules', 'es': 'Mi experiencia con las capsulas de cafeina'} Image

My experience with caffeine capsules

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/10/2017 12:13 a.m.

A few weeks ago a conversation came out here:

Link

On a problem that many diabetics that we like to play sports and that we cannot prevent glucose levels collapsed shortly.

@Artorias commented that the time that resorted to the caffeine capsules and that they were going well because they made the body throw more of the fats than from the glucogen that is what happens to us even if we run to slow rhythms that are the ones that are the ones that are the ones that are the ones that are the ones that are the onesThey burn fat as fuel

December 19.70 minutes.10.5 km in zone 1 and 2 (burning)

Start 185 and I like a mazapan paste that are about 18 gr of HC (a watch pump, come on)
35 minutes.I have 71 and I have to take a glyc up
End.I finish in 121

First day with caffeine capsule.December 29 50 minutes, 7 km in zone 1 and 2

1 hour before I take a caffeine capsule and a cereal cake that is 7 gr of HC

Home 152
25 minutes 131
Final 88

I think that if I had taken something with 10 or more HC, it would have been a round result

today 30 minutes in Z1 and Z2 + technique + 10 minutes in Z3 + 10 minutes in Z2 8.21 km

Start
118 and I take a cereal bar 17 HC

30 minutes

end

But this is not the most surprising.On December 31 I will run a San Silvestre that is 8,700 meters and I take an hour before the caffeine capsule.I carry 2 gluc up gels to trace possible hypos in a fast way and 2 Energy Up for if I see that it is going down and keep myself as they are slower hydrates.

Lacking about 10 minutes to the beginning, the free marks me 111↘ I think of making the capillary 5 minutes before the exit and I have ¡73 !!!I panic and I take a gluc up to overcome.The race begins and in the first kilometer I also decide to throw an energy and then maintain, because the latter takes longer to take effect.I'm going to put the empty energy container in the lurbelt pocket where I have the other energy up and I discover that when you take out one, the other has fallen and I have lost it ...

More than 8 km and I only had 1 gluc up and with levels over the 70s, that was not panic but terror.He foreshadowed that sooner or later I was going to have to leave.

No, maintain stable levels and end at 120 →

The truth is that I would like to dispense with caffeine and gels capsules, of everything that is artificial and be able to assert myself.I am not funny to go to the capsules these.But I think that between taking a capsule and almost forgetting the gels and being constantly pulling several gels there are no doubt ...

This comment is dedicated to you @Artorias

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/10/2017 12:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Great experience @"Joseludi" !!, I'm glad my crazy investigations serve someone hahaha

Of course, each body is a world and each one will be affected in a way.He saved me this summer since I was preparing very hard physical tests, and between training and heat, I had to be drinking large amounts of Aquarius, I even tried this and reduced the sugars that I had to take in the middle of the middle oftraining.

Let's not let anything stop us, among all we will continue looking and finding how to do anything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/10/2017 1:37 a.m.

The truth is that I am glad that "caffeine works, but I still do not see the scientific basis of what you comment, a stimulant that its main value is to counteract the effect of fatigue and create that thermogenesis occurs to burn more fatI don't see the relationship with blood glucose levels.As much as thermogenesis makes the body look for calories in fat deposits rather than in glycogen itself, which I don't know if it will be so.Why then taking any thermogenic would regulate or stabilize sugar levels and I can assure that it is not.In addition, thermogenics recommend taking them with an empty stomach, to avoid precisely that glycogen deposits are filled and immediately believed the deficit and pull the stands.Apart from this is how aim has nothing to do, the body does not burn more fat with heat (reducing or similar creams), but with cold, as the body low from normal temperature, combustion fat to have that againnormal temperature as if it were coal in a locomotive.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
01/10/2017 7:05 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

luvi said:
the truth that I am glad that "caffeine works, but I still do not see the scientific basis of what you comment, a stimulant that its main value is to counteract the effect ofFatigue and create that thermogenesis occurs to burn more fat, I do not see the relationship with blood glucose levels.As much as thermogenesis makes the body look for calories in fat deposits rather than in glycogen itself, which I don't know if it will be so.Why then taking any thermogenic would regulate or stabilize sugar levels and I can assure that it is not.In addition, thermogenics recommend taking them with an empty stomach, to avoid precisely that glycogen deposits are filled and immediately believed the deficit and pull the stands.Apart from this is how aim has nothing to do, the body does not burn more fat with heat (reducing or similar creams), but with cold, as the body low from normal temperature, combustion fat to have that againnormal temperature as if it were coal in a locomotive.

@"Luvi", I'm not an expert on the subject.But fix the amount of gels that have the same version with addicted caffeine and that is more expensive than the normal version ... and it is sold !!!

Anyway I think you have confused thermogenic with ergogenic:

Ergogenic aids are substances, devices or practices that improve the use of energy, production, or recovery of an individual.The shape of ergogenic aid can take can be very varied.Stretching and weight training are physical ergogenic aids.Visualization and hypnosis are mental ergogenic aids

Source: Link

I already tell you that I am not understood but the reality is that I have tried it and it works for me.I have waited for almost two weeks to see if it was just coincidence.But I'm seeing no.

If you saw the San Silvestre, if that came to happen without having taken the capsules I would have had to leave a few kilometers, a sad farewell of the year, a hard blow for me!

Maybe it works for me and not another, who knows.This is just a matter of whether you want to try it is to buy a 100 capsules boat that is usually 7-8 euros

The only thing that I see bad is that it is very sad that one depends on the caffeine, but I will try to convert the glycolitical metabolism that I have to a lipolitical one, as it seems it is a very long and very difficult process.In the end

DiabetesForo
01/10/2017 9:49 p.m.

Impossible to take any caffeine before a test I get the PPM a lot, I can't do the test.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2017 12:54 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

What good data.However, caffeine affects a lot to heart rate and according to the day, time or person is not good.
What I do not understand is why the body burns fat if there is glycogen, unless the segregation of the latter is inhibited.
On Sunday I spent a lot with the bike, made dust and my levels stayed at 79, I took 8g dehc for but without problems, I finished in 96.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/11/2017 7:40 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Joseludi" No, I have not confused at all the terms, a thermogenic or vulgarly known as burnings is composed of stimulants (caffeine) and other additions that help create thermogenesis.A lot of years ago the stimulating that was used was the efedrine subsequently included in the doping products list.Now the pure caffeine ampoules are very appealed, but you have to be very careful with the recommendations and the title of this post is not very successful for someone new, without experience, who believes that taking caffeine capsules will help you have a stable glycemia.Because that is false and can also lead to consequences, because not everyone assimilates the effect of the stimulant and depending on how strong), dizziness, etc ... also you contribute a 2 -day experiment.The only relationship I find is as follows: the stimulant makes more adrenaline (something that is demonstrated that glycemia rises), if your intensity in the exercise is not superior to that jet of adrenaline and adds a gel, I seefeasible in the test you comment 9 km arrive in optimal glycemia.(It is a background, you regulate, nerves like glycemia, adrenaline, gel, etc.). But blame it to a caffeine capsule?As far as I know, there is not much relationship and affirming it would be a mistake.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
01/11/2017 9:49 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

No one is saying that caffeine helps to have stable, or similar blood glucose.

I read a thousand studies on caffeine, many of them contradictory to each other, but they had to say that it favors a bit that the body while exercising attempts to throw more fat and less glucose.
More than that neither do I know how to explain or debate because I am neither doctor neither nutritionist nor anything.

I tried it in my body for 4 months and it does work for me, it is neither placebo or any nonsense.I have dozens of Dexcom graphics to demonstrate it easily.

What Joseludi puts is his experience, and I already told mine.Entrecomillas "works for you", but of course it works for me.

Of course, what was missing is that someone ended up being taken 5 caffeine capsules or that comes here protesting that it does not work.

You worry that I do not share anything again, that everyone looks for life.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
01/11/2017 10:14 a.m.

Nor is it for that @Artorias, if for something it is evolved in the investigations it is to question and value all the points of view.I have contributed to where I know, why of those glycemia with caffeine taking, how stimulants and thermogenic ones work, but also the effects that some people can cause in some people.It is well to comment on experiences of everything that we must make compatible with diabetes without destabilizing our blood glucose or down, or to the discharge (in this case the sport), but I think you will agree, that if there is any product of whyMedium is done with care that proceeds, as is recommended to lower or upload insulin units.Do not take it badly or personal, we are all here to help and I think that we all refer towards the same direction and only objective.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
01/11/2017 10:54 a.m.

hbA1c= 5,4

@Arotorias for me I would like you to continue contributed your experiences, we are already each to apply them or not.As the title of @joseludi "" my experience with caffeine capsules "" is theirs, each one can try or not I am thinking about it, and I will see if I use them or not and what a result they give me.

samozeus's profile photo
samozeus
01/11/2017 2:47 p.m.

DM1 desde el 81 antes de naranjito.
Con bomba desde 2012
Minimed Veo parading
Minimed 640g desde 06/2015
Minimed 640g desde 19/03/2016 la 2a
Minimed 780g desde el 23/03/2021
Hemoglobina 12/01/2021->6.1
28/07/2021-> 6.4

I did not intend that this thread was a poleḿica source.As @samozeus says very well, in the title puts my experience and I have never written that the caffeine helps to have stable glycemiah

I have related my experience @luvi, with a history and explain I believe in detail the circumstances in which I have taken those capsules.I have to add that I tolerate the caffeine quite well because I am used to it.I take 3 daily cafes (1 coffee with milk and 2 cut) so I take 200 mg capsules.Of course, someone who does not take coffee or not tolerate the caffeine that I would recommend that either do not take them or start testing for the 100 mg.

Being accustomed to caffeine or give me nerve attacks, nor prevents me from sleeping and similar things.I was sure that if I started having some symptoms that could blame the caffeine, I would stop taking esssulas.I have prehipertension and I will monitor myself and if I see what affects: capsules in the trash.

I think we are all older to decide whether or not we are interested in and try or not these capsules.You can put me a thousand and one studies @Luvi against, I have no idea of ​​nutrition and things, just tell "my experience" that has been very positive and I have to thank @Arotorias very much that for a mere chance this issue would come out forDiscover these capsules

And I finish as I finished the previous comment, I hope I had to do without any chemistry (gels and capsules), I will continue to try, however

DiabetesForo
01/11/2017 6:04 p.m.

jconegar said:
impossible to take any caffeine before a test the PPM, I cannot do the test.

Yes

DiabetesForo
01/11/2017 6:07 p.m.

ruthbia said:
what good data.However, caffeine affects a lot to heart rate and according to the day, time or person is not good.
What I do not understand is why the body burns fat if there is glycogen, unless the segregation of the latter is inhibited.
On Sunday I spent a lot with the bike, done dust and my levels stayed at 79, I took 8g dehc for but without problems, I finished in 96.
>

Until two years ago I simply eat some fruit before running, it was enough for me.And now not, I think the cause is that for the body it is easier and easier to resort to glucogen than to fat.Having glucogen so that I am going to bother to pull fat!That would say body metabolism.

There are gels for resistance sport with caffeine so that the body first throws fat as fuel and then in the end already pull glucogen.

I would like @ruthbia to have your levels and with only 8 HC!

DiabetesForo
01/11/2017 6:12 p.m.

artories said:

I read a thousand studies on caffeine, many of them contradictory to each other, but they had to say that it favors a bit that the body while exercising attempts to throw more fat and less glucose.
More than that neither do I know how to explain or debate because I am neither doctor neither nutritionist nor anything.

I tried it in my body for 4 months and it does work for me, it is neither placebo or any nonsense.I have dozens of Dexcom graphics to demonstrate it easily.

What Joseludi puts is his experience, and I already told mine.Entrecomillas "works for you", but of course it works for me.

Of course, what was missing is that someone ended up being taken 5 caffeine capsules or that comes here protesting that it does not work.

Nor do you think of not sharing something that comes good for you, experiences, whatever ... here we are to help us, exchange knowledge.Whatever @Artorias

DiabetesForo
01/11/2017 6:13 p.m.

artories said:

Oyeee !!!!what are you saying!!!Don't even think about saying these nonsense !!!!!!There was more !!!Here we are here to tell everything, some people will do well to other regulin and others will not go.
But the forum is to share all opinions.
But it was because I get the PPM a lot I tried it.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2017 9:15 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

YEP is late, but the subject is very interesting, of course there is a relationship between glucose and caffeine consumption, we do not have to forget that metabolism is not "God" and can be damaged and undergo modifications.For example, I have realized that since I am diabetic it costs me much more burning fat, and that is because the greater the amount of insulin the metabolism is accommodated to use the glycolytic pathway instead of the oxidative pathway.Do not forget that if the body has much more ease of carrying out a task than another ... it will do this other ... it is also quite normal that if the body prioritizes the oxidative via in our case there is even a state ofHyperglycemia

Perhaps the supplementation with caffeine can activate this furthest oxidative route a bit, I encourage myself to try it and I will tell you my opinion.
To create debate I will tell you that in my case, creatine supplementation made me upload the glycogen levels more than the account.As you know, this must be taken together with rapid absorption hydrates to favor its passage to muscle cells as well.

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
01/12/2017 12:19 p.m.

Fernandog said:
yep is late, but very interesting the subject, of course there is a relationship between glucose and caffeine consumption, we do not have to forget that metabolism is not "God" and canbe damaged and suffer modifications.For example, I have realized that since I am diabetic it costs me much more burning fat, and that is because the greater the amount of insulin the metabolism is accommodated to use the glycolytic pathway instead of the oxidative pathway.Do not forget that if the body has much more ease of carrying out a task than another ... it will do this other ... it is also quite normal that if the body prioritizes the oxidative via in our case there is even a state ofHyperglycemia

Perhaps the supplementation with caffeine can activate this furthest oxidative route a bit, I encourage myself to try it and I will tell you my opinion.
To create debate I will tell you that in my case, creatine supplementation made me upload the glycogen levels more than the account.As you know, this must be taken together with rapid absorption hydrates to favor its passage to muscle cells as well.

I referred to all this but I didn't know how to explain it.@Fernandog has managed to explain perfectly.The body is easier to use the glycolithic route than having to burn fats.And all this becomes a loop, a closed circle that feeds up: more and more glucose and less fat consumption, I need more hydrates and consumption, I have more glucose there, ... and so on.

Just as I have commented on my positive experience in the event that any setback or problem arose, I would comment here too

DiabetesForo
01/12/2017 8:12 p.m.

Mm ... . In my case, I started looking for other alternatives.I met Caféina capsules, but what I wanted was something that produces similar effects.

Help me to wake up in the morning without so much problem.Because for years I was having my coffee and wanted some alternative.But it is that the entire roller of the capsules has always given me ... well that, bad vibes.So I changed to drink green tea.

Until now, with that I have managed to supply a little, I know that it has no harmful side effects for me (I consulted it with my doctor, I not only used it to La Brava).So it is at least one alternative that I can raise you.

Mauricio32's profile photo
Mauricio32
07/18/2018 9:55 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.