{'en': 'The mobile, the great ally of young people to face diabetes', 'es': 'El móvil, el gran aliado de los jóvenes para afrontar la diabetes'} Image

The mobile, the great ally of young people to face diabetes

fer's profile photo   12/18/2017 6:12 p.m.

Technology has become a great help in our day to day;But without a doubt, the mobile phone has become an indispensable tool for youngAn application.

In this sense, a recent survey between patients with diabetes has concluded that 36.5 % of them believe that their smartphone is the main tool to manage diabetes through the different existing applications in the market.

The study has also thrown the result that almost 32 % of diabetics believe that the news in online media, which in the case of the youngest arrive primarily through the mobile phone, is the best way to be informed aboutThe disease.

The conclusions of the study show that the fact that there are a large number of young people who use mobile devices practically at all times, for them, this device-through apps and online media-is a basic toolfor treatment.

"We are creating the first environment for an integral management of diabetes," said the CEO of Quo Health, Gustavo Ranera, who explained that 24 % of the users of their new Gluquo app, are young between 16 and 25years, and that more than 50 % of them are between 26 and 45 years.

With this application, diabetics can instantly update the Glycemia or Carbohydrates Diary from the mobile, without the need for the paper notebook.In this sense, Ranera explained that his claim is that the patient "forgets the disease, but without neglecting, at any time health."

Although there is more competition in the market, the application has been developed more "intuitively and agile and with exclusive functionalities, such as a restaurant history, to see how their menus feel to glycemia; label automation or the possibility of reuse of reusePrevious tickets, "said Ranera, who has assured that the application" will be in constant update, and will continue working to add more and better functionalities, such as a platform that connects patients and health professionals. "

fer's profile photo
fer
12/18/2017 6:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I use gluquo, I like it, but I can't make an opinion because it is my first app.Surely they meet the goal of being intuitive, because even I know how to use it.I am thinking of paying me the Premium 30 euros version a year.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/18/2017 8:56 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Solaria", in case it serves you, I use diabetes: m, and it's not bad at all.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
12/18/2017 9:21 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

The notice app is the best, the simplest and most fast to sign up the amount every time you injepe.And it is very clear to you when you open it, the amount you have put yourself and the moment you have made them.

The other apps I see them a little a waste of time.

And those who want to predict what you should click, based on what you tell him you are going to eat, those already have a crime. As if I had something to see a dish eaten in one place or another, the amount of food or sugar thatThey put him.Which uploads one person or another.Etc.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
12/18/2017 9:56 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.