{'en': 'My experience with diabetes', 'es': 'Mi experiencia con la diabetes'} Image

My experience with diabetes

lmc's profile photo   12/22/2017 4:17 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I am new in the 49 -year forum and diagnosed with diabetes 4 months ago .... I arrive with the doctor with glucose in 253 mg/dl and triglycerides in 491 mg/dl, I send me a diet medicine (2 Metformin 850, 1 GLIBENCLAMIDE5mg 2 Benzafibrate) I started to diet and take what they prescribed me ... but I asked for the opinion of another doctor and for this I had dropped 2 kg of weight, the new doctor suspended me the benzafibrate and glibenclamide in halfMy diet with my wife's valuable help, but I had down to 50 mg/dl to which I went with the doctor again.

And the glibenclamide, my wife and I very happy with the respondents suspended ... In my next visit to the doctor, take blood tests with:
Glucose at 95 mg/dl
Triglycerides 199 mg/dl
Glycosylated hemoglobin 5.8

With these results the doctor prescribed me nothing but 1/2 metformin pill .... But this does not end here, to my next visit with the doctor given the results I carry of my glucelometer suspended my metformin and right now I go to 2Months without medication and regularly check glucose only with diet ..... my last blood test (Dec 8/2017)

HBA1C --- 5.9
Fasting glucose ---- 99 mg/dl
Triglycerides ---- 108

And today (Dec. 21/2017) I took the glucose on an empty stomach and gave me 95 mg/dl

I have lowered 9 kg I still diet

That is my experience with diabetes

Greetings to all!

lmc's profile photo
lmc
12/22/2017 4:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Imc, good day.I congratulate you for your efforts and to share your experience that can serve the diabetics 2 that read us, who know that with a good diet, in many cases they can better control diabetes.Do not forget that you have to exercise.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
12/22/2017 11:20 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

solar said:
@bm, good day.I congratulate you for your efforts and to share your experience that can serve the diabetics 2 that read us, who know that with a good diet, in many cases they can better control diabetes.Do not forget that you have to exercise.Greetings.

This is all this complement with exercise

Greetings Solaria

lmc's profile photo
lmc
12/22/2017 3:23 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.