Tobacco

Diabetica3000's profile photo   01/11/2017 8:40 p.m.

Hello, I am a diabetic since a very long prqueña and a few months ago I went to the hospital to a revision and they told me that I had to quit smoking because I was possibly affecting me, I am 20 years old and I have been smoking and nobody had ever told me that it was bad forDiabetes.And now that it is impossible for me to quit smoking that it is bad.I managed to leave it 40 days but on Christmas holidayof people smoke and so it is impossible.Every time I am on the street and someone happens close to me smoking makes me feel anxious to smoke one.I wanted to know your opinion or if you know anything about this topic.I know very old people who are diabetic and have been smoking for many years and are healthy.Thank you .All the best .

Diabetica3000's profile photo
Diabetica3000
01/11/2017 8:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know if you like sport, I know two cases that with the sport managed to leave it.Much encouragement.
Tobacco is not good for anyone but by the topic blood circulation because for us it is a tad worse than for non -diabetics.
Do not stop fighting.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/11/2017 9:12 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello!Think that tobacco usually gets worse.I am 25 years old and I have not smoked 4 without smoking, I left it in summer and it cost me a lot ... for weeks I barely left for what you comment, terraces full of people smoking .. I didn't stand it.But today it is the best I could do, I assure you, the dependence of tobacco is horrible.Personally it helped me to think that quite damage I could do diabetes over the years, as well as to voluntarily add tobacco damage.Much encouragement, it costs but you get, think that the bad drink will not last more than a few weeks and once you leave it you will not regret it

Lidia Márquez Rodríguez's profile photo
Lidia Márquez Rodríguez
01/12/2017 8:57 a.m.

26 años - DM1 desde 2010
Bomba insulina Minimed 640G - Uso Freestyle libre de forma discontinua

@"Diabetica3000" One speaks to you that has smoked almost twenty -five years and I have been doing more than two.Believe me, you can leave and it is the best you can do.I also told me that I had enough with the burden of diabetes to have to quit smoking too.But he earns a lot to leave it.He thinks that luckily or unfortunately the government has helped us a lot to leave it now that you can only smoke on the street and still look at you badly.Before he smoked anywhere and had to be much harder to leave it (I remember smoking in the coffee room in the hospital when I debuted) because also a lot of people smoked.Now there are much fewer smoking people and to smoke you have to leave the bar or the restaurant where you are with your friends and lose the conversation inside.That you say that most people smoke .. It will be in your friends environment because in absolute terms it is a fact that there are much smokers than doing five or ten years.And every day it reduces more.
Maybe you can do something like what I do.I am a smoker, not exfuster.The same day I left it, I told myself that it would not be sharp when I left it, if one day I fell smoking, I did not want to have the anxiety of being prohibited.Even today I smoke a cigar from time to time, in some gun of friends or something like that.But less and less, months ago of the last.
I know that there are people who cannot do it because they say that if one smokes in the end it will end up smoking as if I had not left it, but it works for me.I have not had any anxiety and I do very well.Now I can do sports without drowning at the minute and surely my circulatory system also thanks me, that the poor thing has enough with excess glucose.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
01/12/2017 10:10 a.m.

I advise you that, every time you want to smoke you drink a full water glass.When you have drunk 5 or 6 glasses, you won't feel about anything, or smoking

Javier Arriaga Sanz's profile photo
Javier Arriaga Sanz
08/23/2017 10:31 p.m.

I stopped smoking almost 7 years ago.It is very difficult to do so, but you get a lot of quality of life.
If you want to quit smoking it to your family doctor in case you can inform you of centers where they provide help to do it.
Smoking is bad for everyone, but in our case the problems are aggravated more because we have more risk of obstructing the arteries.

mjsm's profile photo
mjsm
08/24/2017 12:14 a.m.

Hello @"diabetic3000"

Glucose high deteriorates the circulatory system (1 infarction ticket),

Tobacco hardens the veins (2 infarction tickets or severe cardiovascular problem)

Tobacco costs about 5 euros/cajetilla (throws how many and think you would do with that money)

If with these reasons it is not enough to leave it (it is very difficult, I tell you from experience), I gave me the book of Alen Karar "to quit smoking is easy, if you know how."It is not magical, but it reminds you of everything you already know.

In health centers there are programs to help you leave it.

In the pharmacy they sell some pills, I think they are "Champix", many people have left it with them (100 euros cost, so they better work).

In any case, you can make a list of advantages and another of disadvantages of smoking ... to see what comes out.

Courage you are very young to depend on that shit .... that you do not need at all to have fun or be happy!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/24/2017 8:04 a.m.

Totally in agreement with @kraken.If you already have a cardiovascular risk factor as strong as diabetes ... and you put tobacco ... you are multiplying the risk.

I also stopped smoking with the famous book by Alen Karr "quitting smoking is easy, if you know how" and it was very easy.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
08/24/2017 8:18 a.m.

Greetings Diabetics3000
There are nozzles that retain much of the evil of tobacco.They are filled as if they were glass cups, and that you do not take.Over time, you lose love and smoke less.According to an almost professional smoker, the most effective are from the Targard brand and are sold in watertights by very little.

Erty's profile photo
Erty
10/16/2017 12:40 p.m.

I stopped smoking at the end of July this year.At night I had a fatal, I even started registering the drawers in search of those cigars they give at weddings.The solution has been the electronic cigarette, for me the best to leave it without spending a monkey, there are with or without nicotine to alleviate withdrawal and you just have to find a taste that you like.Of course, I am clear that it has to be temporary and leave it when you have tobacco already forgotten at all.Luck

Thenos's profile photo
Thenos
10/29/2017 11:17 p.m.

38 años Diabetes(I) desde 33 HbA1c 6,6 con 139 media Toujeo: 25 noche Novarrapid: ratio((1:9)Sensibilidad(33.7)

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.