{'en': 'My first diabetic Christmas', 'es': 'Mis primeras Navidades diabéticas'} Image

My first diabetic Christmas

fer's profile photo   01/11/2017 1:10 p.m.

I share the experience of Montse and Pilar that they have published in their blog, of course, I feel quite identified in the experience, sometimes the doctors and our environment, condition us based on topics and little knowledge, but we must not get carried awayIn the end, it is we, who individually and collectively, know better than anyone what happens to diabetes!;)

The first Christmas as type1 diabetic I spent them as type 2 diabetic, with a severe regime and with a zero spirit of everything.The latter, for reasons that have nothing to do with my then recent debut, but that they did not help the least.So, as I said, I had to face this first Christmas with all lost.

In my family we have never been feeding a lot at Christmas, but there were things that made our parties happy, and much:
- Nati's joy, and in general of the whole family, at meals and dinners of the key days.
- The Kings, for the memories of the old days, and above all to see my parents for the living room asking what they had thrown us out.
- The nougat, essential in my family, which were inaugurated on the 24th at dinner, never before, and ate daily, and ended ... because when they ended up, of course, a few days after kings.

The first two points that year were not going to happen, nor would we notice any joy, or see my parents in the living room, so we had to focus on the third, but oh! ... it turns out that the calorie leavesthat the endocrine had given me did not mention the nougat, in fact, they did not mention any sweet.

I had already been doing hydrates replacement tests, I mean, if I put 150 legumes on the sheet, then replace them with, for example, one more bread of bread, in short, simple things.These evidence did them without commenting with anyone, I didn't even have the Internet then, so I did it according to my own criteria.And of course, my own criteria told me that I could replace the fruit of the food with a couple of nougat pieces ... yes, of the good.

And the day came, December 24, 2000, Christmas dinner.Once the salty dishes was solved, I took the first piece, little, of Jijona, craftsman, and I zampo ...

I didn't notice anything weird, nothing happened to me, I didn't sweat, nor convulsed, I was still alive!, So I settled another piece, how rich!, This time I did savored it.Previously, I had taken the pill that touched me, so, now it was only necessary to wait two hours ... how long.

I do not remember if I waited at my mother's house or went to mine, but the fact is to measure myself, Tachán ... I was perfect!There began my doubts, wouldn't it be that one is more stable eating nougat than eating fruit?After all, the fruit sugar is faster than the sugar that the nougat brings, all full of fat.

The latter then I did not think about it, because at that time that of the slow, fast hydrates, the effect of fats, proteins, for me it was an unknown science, but that I hesitated about the traditional diabetic diets, I assure you that yes.

But well, you had to try again, and I tried that substitution on 25, 31, 1, with similar results.Yes, yes, yes, it worked.

Look that if it is that these endos have no idea, I thought.And to date, I mean, that ... no, no, it is not that they think they have no idea ... but fuck, the one who made those calories leafs with the menus, could have curled it a little andInclude Christmas menus, right?

This Christmas, 16 years later, a good amount of Zampado nougat, with the joy that is felt in the family on the key dates and in the non -key, and waiting since Reyes arrives, so that Montse and I, in pajamas, we askTo the girls and Nati, what have they thrown them ...

I wish you happy holidays.Posted by the day everything changed: Montse and Pilar at 2:13 PM

Source: esédiaquetodocambio.blogspot.com.es/2016/12/mis-primeras-navidades-diabeticas_31.html

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2017 1:10 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not know if I will be doing it wrong or with my daughter, many times I am flooded with a huge feeling of guilt, when I see that my daughter takes a piece of cake, she asks me to make some chocolate cookies, or since this Christmas isHe took a gofre with a nocilla to snack, the fact is that his blood glucose or heard, we succeed with the portions, and I think that when he sees it it is doubly delicious, and of course ..., all this accompanied with the "You see mom!!!! "
The case is that I see Mothers overwhelmed by a birthday to which their children have been invited, or for always telling their children that they cannot eat such a thing, or because of the typical chocolate that is done in the school.And I think of me and I think of my daughter, and it is not usually taken, but so bad mother am I?Or, in the opposite case, I am not doing so badly, right?What I am clear about is that I cannot marty my daughter, prohibiting everything that in a terrorWe will learn for the next occasion, I want my daughter to be one more and not "that."I just hope and I want to regret it in a few years.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
01/11/2017 1:32 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares" I do not think you have to feel bad, or that you are a bad mother, rather the opposite, if you get glycemiah to be stable and the glyd (HBA1C) below 7%, personally, I think you are doing itVery good, and that you get your daughter to live a life of the most normal, something that we would all want, so in the back of what you raise, I think you have to congratulate you as a mother !!!= D> = d> = d> = d>

fer's profile photo
fer
01/11/2017 4:09 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Well @fer, from the debut we have not gone from 7, but in the next time I fear yes, hormonal changes and growth are leading us heading.
But thank you very much !!!!: \ ">

RocioLlinares
01/11/2017 4:21 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
I don't know if I will be doing it wrong or with my daughter, many times I am flooded with a huge feeling of guilt, when I see that my daughter takes a piece of cake, she asks meThat he makes some chocolate cookies, or since this Christmas was taken a gofre with a nocilla to snack, the fact is that his blood glucose did not find out, we succeed with the rations, and I think that when he sees it it is doubly delicious, and of course..., all this accompanied with the "You see mom !!!!"
The case is that I see Mothers overwhelmed by a birthday to which their children have been invited, or for always telling their children that they cannot eat such a thing, or because of the typical chocolate that is done in the school.And I think of me and I think of my daughter, and it is not usually taken, but so bad mother am I?Or, in the opposite case, I am not doing so badly, right?What I am clear about is that I cannot marty my daughter, prohibiting everything that in a terrorWe will learn for the next occasion, I want my daughter to be one more and not "that."I just hope and I wish not to regret a few years.
I fully share that feeling.In fact, we thought there were few who have this feeling and perception that prohibitions are going nothing more than to create choice.We want our children to live as normal as possible.Thank you

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
01/11/2017 10:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not think you are a bad mother, but you would even ask yourself things like that if you are a bad mother.
As long as you control the glucose and do not leave your hand with excesses ... I do not think it is much more bad than for any other.The most complicated I suppose that for those things are the peaks ...
You have to live and be happy, the head is important!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/11/2017 10:27 p.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I believe that children and adolescents should lead a life as normal as possible and make the social life they like even if they include birthday cakes.The important thing is to control, rectify and have some glycos within the acceptable ones by the endocrine.
All the mothers who are here are the ones who worry about because you are great mothers and worried about your children.
Keep it up.In the end there is reward

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/12/2017 12:09 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you!!!!You are great !!!!In the end you are going to make me cry, with that in a few days he will turn 15, I am much more sensitive, my "little fighter" becomes older and gives me panic.

RocioLlinares
01/12/2017 10:13 a.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares" I just had perplexed what you have put.Do not think about that or by Asomo, please.You are the main leg that sustains our table, you are real souls of our diabetes, I do not like using the term dt3 because the potatoes are true dt1, you suffer more than your little ones because you do not know how they feel in eachmoment.

You have a sun in your home, a girl who illuminates every corner with her diabetes, wears a backpack and smiles and I assure you that it is difficult.He is at an age that realizes everything, he does not escape one and she has to live, she has to enjoy life taking care, that she does it and will luxury how I continually see that you are teaching her.
That you never lose the illusion for sport, to live, enjoy !!!!!And you although sometimes and not a few you will suffer from seeing what you want to do always help it.
Teach it as you do to eat everything, do not feel bad for teaching it or because you take what you want, because she will see what she can and will fight even more than she fights.

This is very hard, let's be realistic, and things will not always go well, sometimes mild things will happen and other less slight things, it is true, but we cannot stop having dreams.Do you know that experiences of all kinds can tell a thousand and from the worst of having happened, but do you know one thing?The power to dream makes me want to live, and forget those mishaps.

Dreams can be like the most valuable "diamonds" not because of what they are worth but becauseThey are inside us and no one can take them away.

By the way your little one gets older by leaps and bounds but does not scare and enjoy all the stages of life as you do.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/12/2017 12:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Now yes, I could not help crying.Thanks @jconegar !!!

RocioLlinares
01/12/2017 4:23 p.m.

Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@"Rociollinares", our children are much freer and more happy the greater the knowledge in diabetes of their parents. Something has to be so informed
You are doing very well!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/12/2017 7:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Rociolinares you are doing fantastically well !!!Keep it up !!:) I unfortunately in my childhood, was "that" or "the sick"Enjoy :) Because this is a constant struggle with the day to day, because we do not know how we are going to dawn, if we are going to have hypoglycemia or, on the contrary we will be in the clouds.But, luckily or unfortunately, it is our backpack that we have to carry.It is still normal for you to take her more than her, because even if she is a responsible girl, she is very small to understand many things (and now more than she will start with adolescence).With all this I want to tell you that you do not feel guilty, because I reiterate, this is a background race, a constant struggle, a battle ... call it as you want, although speaking badly and soon it is a very fucking life, but it is the one that weHe has played and we have to take it in the best possible way.
If at some point you feel guilty or bad for giving your little girl a whim, think "a sweetness to anyone bitter, and one day is a day" because as you say, it is not usual.Keep so you are making it fantastic :)

sprinkle said:
I don't know if I will be doing it wrong or with my daughter, many times I am flooded with a huge feeling of guilt, when I see that my daughter takes a piece of cake, she asks meThat he makes some chocolate cookies, or since this Christmas was taken a gofre with a nocilla to snack, the fact is that his blood glucose did not find out, we succeed with the rations, and I think that when he sees it it is doubly delicious, and of course..., all this accompanied with the "You see mom !!!!"
The case is that I see Mothers overwhelmed by a birthday to which their children have been invited, or for always telling their children that they cannot eat such a thing, or because of the typical chocolate that is done in the school.And I think of me and I think of my daughter, and it is not usually taken, but so bad mother am I?Or, in the opposite case, I am not doing so badly, right?What I am clear about is that I cannot marty my daughter, prohibiting everything that in a terrorWe will learn for the next occasion, I want my daughter to be one more and not "that."I just hope and I wish not to regret a few years.

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/12/2017 8:59 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.