Insulin Change Lantus A Toujeo

carloswaton's profile photo   12/29/2017 12:24 a.m.

Hello, I am new here and I need a little help, recently I changed a doctor and this changed the basal insulin that I occupied for a long time, Lantus to a new toujeo basal insulin, at the same time I changed the puncture scheme,Originally, Lantus injected me in the morning and night 40 and 35 units and the new dose of Toujeo left me alone with 40 at night, it has cost me a lot to regulate, I take a noirpid for meals, but I have been waking up for more than two weeksWith levels between 250 and 350, even more than under the amount of carbohydrates at dinner and I am injecting more novorapid, I still wake up very high, throughout the day I manage to lower it and stay at more decent levels but when I wake up I have not succeeded.These last 3 days I have uploaded the basal to 45 units but there are no big differences, my biggest problem is that the doctor does not have hours for a month and I am afraid that if something can happen to me.
Please if someone could give me some advice I would appreciate it.

carloswaton's profile photo
carloswaton
12/29/2017 12:24 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Normally more Toujeo units are needed than of Lantus.
You will have to go up the dose until you wake up well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/29/2017 1:33 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@"Carloswaton" Indeed, as @"Regina" tells you, the guideline is to continue uploading toujeo units to wake up well, but wait 2-3 days between one climb and another, since it takes time to notice.Until that time, sees the hyperglycemia and do not overwhelm with Novorrapid that insulin changes usually bring these kinds of things.Anyway, in my particular case, the experience with Toujeo was quite bad and when I changed to Tresiba I improved a barbarity.Now I am with a bomb, but if I had to return to pen, I would return to Tresiba, no doubt.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
12/29/2017 9:18 a.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.