Delivery time with diabetes mellitus 1

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo   01/15/2017 11:18 a.m.

Good morning.I am 27 weeks pregnant.The child is doing very well, already weighs a 1kg and develops great.Porto a Medtronic Insulin Pump 640g and McG Dexcom G4 Platinium.
My glys are good, although in the middle of the second quarter I have been with some climb and increasing my insulin needs per week.

My question and need to read experiences is when giving birth, since my private insurance gynecologist does not handle the MCG and the bomb much, and that of the SS is not very expressive ..
- Do you withdraw all that at delivery time?
- What special care do you give you?
- What kind of diabetes secondary complications did they have after childbirth?

... It's a bit to read experiences and others.Nothing happens if they had negative cases, I am not very apprehensive hehehe.Thank you very much =)

Ágora Suárez Sánchez's profile photo
Ágora Suárez Sánchez
01/15/2017 11:18 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello agora.
I had my little one in April and it was all phenomenal.
I use feathers and use them in pregnancy, and what you say, as the weeks went by resistance to insulin and had to increase the UD.
On the day of childbirth, until I went to fence, they feed me and I used my feathers but already in the paritor they put me a continuous infusion of insulin (which will be similar to the pump) and they were measuring the blood glucose every hour.
Once I gave birth to the baby, glucose was measured several times because it was slightly hypoglycemic but at the 2nd day and normal life.
As for me since that day my insulin needs went down to half or more (this had already planned with my endocrine)
And nothing, everything phenomenal.Where will you give birth?I gave Gregorio Marañón in Madrid and very good attention.
Greetings and a lot of encouragement that everything is going to do very well !!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
01/16/2017 8:26 a.m.

In childbirth?Well, in my case very well, they connect you to an insulin bomb in the hospital, a large milk armatos, and they are very aware, to any symptom of Bajon ask you that measure you, but we are going that they have it very well calculated everything, everything,I did not have any low and it was a few hours of childbirth, hehehe ... you have a childbirth more or less like all the others, but apart from the dropper with the epidural you have the bomb.

Your calm that the birth is controlled.At least in the SS of Zaragoza, I no longer know in private or in other places of course, the same would be better for you to find someone from your same hospital.

And after childbirth, surprisingly you return to your very insulin dose 9 months ago, hehehe ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/16/2017 10:10 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.