{'en': 'Rations calculation eating on the street', 'es': 'Calculo de raciones comiendo en la calle'} Image

Rations calculation eating on the street

estherj's profile photo   01/14/2017 11:11 p.m.

Hello,

At home I have my meals and my very controlled glucose, I do not do excesses or as things that I should not eat.

The problem is when you go to a bar with people and eat from rations.How do you tell them?

How do you count a croquette, a potato and a piece of toast, for example?

Those days I put quick insulin 40 times while as a function of what he eats and, as they say, by the eye of a good bucket, and always throwing under myself to correct, but there is no way to get right.

How do you do it?

I understand that we are conditioned by this disease, but from there to stop dating friends to chop something ...

estherj's profile photo
estherj
01/14/2017 11:11 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, by eye .. until you are getting right.My daughter gets 5 units more quickly and eats dessert and everything .., usually gets

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2017 2:49 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I have that doubt, I have a few weeks without leaving because the fast insulin is not used and I have a hiccup me ...

Marcos0z's profile photo
Marcos0z
01/15/2017 4:33 a.m.

I like @"Estherj", by eye and correcting 50 thousand times

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/15/2017 10:06 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Wait to see the rations on the plate and in global put one more ration than you would do at home.The food of skewers as you say is more fat than the house and delays the absorption of HC.It will upload you more slowly.Depending on the result, sees adjusting in successive times (rises 2 to calculation instead of one ...).
Another strategy is to you for you something (eg a tortilla sandwich) do the HC account well and take one or two of the table (counting, of course).
Marcos, do not stop making social life.Discuss with your friends your situation, and ask them to help you not to exceed.Follow my suggestions and see testing.Do not be afraid of a hypo, corrected and learned.
Tell here what you did and how it went.
Cheer up!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 11:27 a.m.

marcos0z said:
I have that doubt, I have a few weeks without leaving because the fast insulin is not used and I have a hi -hiccup ...

In addition to what has been said, ask your diabetes or endocrine educator to instruct you.You must be self-sufficient.Do not be afraid, even the most experts we are wrong sometimes.The good thing is that your instruction allows you to know what to do.And it is highly recommended that your best friend learn to detect that you are low and encourage you to take something in those cases.My partner detects it, he doesn't know how to tell me what he notices, but he knows.I think it's when I react slowly, as I go to the slow camera in the answer ... Everyone has their own ... everything is learned

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/29/2017 11:30 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.