{'en': 'The other diabetes face', 'es': 'La otra cara de la Diabetes'} Image

The other diabetes face

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo   01/16/2017 10:54 p.m.

The other face of diabetes is that you don't want to see, the one you don't want to look at, the one that sometimes causes you pain and suffering.But there is no darkness without light at the same time, because what does not kill you makes you stronger.That is the real face of diabetes.

So let me insist, macha and repeat that what does not kill you makes you stronger.Because diabetes has made you strong.

Yes, it has made you strong.And he has taught you, he has taught you things you could do and did not do for having diabetes, what you could have and did not have to have diabetes, what you could learn and did not learn, what you could be and did not go.

Diabetes has left you touched and sunk, has left you thrown by the soils, has prevented you from achieving some dream ... It has conditioned you to an insulin life, needles and self-control.To a life where she is the most important thing, because I don't know what I don't know, but I know this.

And at least in my case, that's how it goes.

And that there are very worse diseases and how lucky that diabetes has touched us, what a patraña!That does not comfort me, it hurts to live every day with diabetes.

As we would like to live a life without diabetes, it would have to be incredible.

But there is no evil that for good does not come and that is a truth like a temple because diabetes has made you strong, very strong, stronger than a rock.He has taught you to live a life of struggle and overcoming.He has taught you to believe in yourself and what you can do.He has taught you not to spill more tears for her, to lose certain customs and win others, others much better.

And he has taught you that you are not alone, you are not the only one that you have diabetes, many also have it and we are here for you.

You still have a lot to do, much to discover, many battles to win.But you are the owner of your own destiny.That diabetes does not stop you.

Because what does not kill you makes you stronger.

EuBeRiRo_24's profile photo
EuBeRiRo_24
01/16/2017 10:54 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 1 desde Mayo de 1993.
Tresiba: 32 Ui a las 23:00h
Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
HbA1c 7.4% ¡¡Alcanzando mi objetivo!!
Creciendo cada día y sin parar de luchar en este mundo llamado Diabetes
Del 92

Brutal...

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
01/17/2017 9:35 p.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Thanks Paisano @"marcos_j_m";)>: D <

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 9:43 p.m.

Humalog Kwipen: de 2 a 5 Ui en cada (dependiendo de las cantidades de Hc y los niveles de glucosa)
Del 92

I loved the reflection ... I will keep it to teach my daughter when you know how to read

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/17/2017 10:50 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Mariah14 What pleasure makes me know :) How old is your little girl?

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 10:52 p.m.

Del 92

3 years with diabetes since March 2016

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/17/2017 11:04 p.m.

Much encouragement.I am a diabetic since the six months of life and I am 24 years old, and thank God I have nothing led by diabetes.You are a mami courage.Many kisses for the two warriors;)

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 11:06 p.m.

Del 92

Jolin well promptly came to you also the sweet companion ... You are a great example of how this must be taken.I would like my daughter to be a responsible fighter in the future and I will do my best because it is.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/17/2017 11:11 p.m.

Surely it will be.It is a matter of getting to the idea that has to go with "a backpack" all your life, it will many times weigh the greatest but sometimes it will seem that it carries nothing :)

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 11:14 p.m.

Del 92

euberiro_24 said:
has taught you, he has taught you things that you could do and did not do for having diabetes, what you could have and did not have to have diabetes, what you could learn and did not learn, you did not learn,What you could be and did not go.

Diabetes has left you touched and sunk, has left you thrown by the soils, has prevented you from achieving some dream ... It has conditioned you to an insulin life, needles and self-control.To a life where she is the most important thing, because I don't know what I don't know, but I know this.

And at least in my case, that's how it goes.

And that there are very worse diseases and how lucky that diabetes has touched us, what a patraña!That does not comfort me, it hurts to live every day with diabetes.

As we would like to live a life without diabetes, it would have to be incredible.

I could not agree more in this description of you of diabetes.But the other part, the positive part that you want to always put to your messages ... that "makes you stronger", it is very beautiful ... but as they say in "Modern Family" is an absurd phrase, which does notKill you (chronic diseases, heart attacks, serious accidents) What they make you is weaker, more fragile, more fearful and more limited.

If diabetes has nothing positive (just like all other diseases) it is not necessary to look for it.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/17/2017 11:17 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Person who discusses you but for me if you have a positive part.What you imply with your comments is that you need help, do you know a thing?I take antidepressants because I still see diabetes as a defect, something that I do not want in my life, something that makes me sink a lot but thanks to the aid of my psychologist, my mother and my loved ones I am encouraging me and remember that there are alwaysA ray of light ... Keep fighting @sherpa41 is positive!

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 11:22 p.m.

Del 92

You like diabetes or not is a disease (not a defect).What you have to do is try to be happy despite that, to make your life trying to bother you and limit as little as possible, that it takes away the least possible opportunities, as you say what it does in your message, there are many diabetics than whatThey get (it is not my case).So we know it is possible.

But say that diabetes itself has something positive, for me it is a falsehood in addition to very offensive.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/17/2017 11:47 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I'm sorry if I offend you :( it's not my intention, it's the only way I have to express myself and for me if you have a positive part ... Everything in life except death has it :)

EuBeRiRo_24
01/17/2017 11:49 p.m.

Del 92

I think the 2 points of view are valid ( @"sherpa41" and @"euberiro_24").Everyone works for your point of view to get it better or worse.I agree more with Sherpa's, for me it has nothing positive.Another thing is that this will prevent me from being happy or moving forward.Different it is that you see the positive of your attitude before her, that you know howWe could have discovered these things in more pleasant ways haha.
But that, I think the difference is in a technicalism and that you do not have to take it badly, that each one will help you to cope with it better and be happy ...

Apart from this, the initial text seems beautiful and motivating!Congratulations!

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
01/18/2017 12:04 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

No problem.More than offended, it makes me angry that some diabetics try to give a positive vision of this disease when with other chronic diseases it does not happen.I can't help answering when I read this.

I am concerned that the message we transmit to society is that, that having diabetes is chupiguay and that better resources in research and material are given to real patients.

But if you need to think about it on a personal level and you do well, it seems great to me.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/18/2017 12:04 a.m.

Thanks to both seriously!This is a very hard fight #:-S

EuBeRiRo_24
01/18/2017 12:10 a.m.

Del 92

I believe that nothing positive can be taken out of any disease.Diabetes is heavy, slave and treacherous even taking care of you.
But I have to say that I have not lost anything, I have traveled everything I have been able to, HW had two children, and nothing resists me because of diabetes.

Maria elena's profile photo
Maria elena
03/26/2017 1:48 a.m.

I, if not for diabetes, would not have reached 45 years running half marathons and swimming 1500m in 30 minutes.
I know there are people of my age who do it without DB, and with less difficulties.But to me, every time a training is lazy or my mind looks for excuses to skip it, the filter of "You are going to train if or if to keep the DB to bay" is activated.
And for the moment, these last 17 years, it has worked for me.
Satisfaction comes when you see those of your fifth eating, drinking and without exercising, and you think, with my habits I find myself healthier.
I have always tried that the DB does not limit me

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
04/07/2017 8:57 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Please do not alter the thread.There may be different opinion points always and nobody makes it bad.
I have very clear that I wish it was not diabetic, what I fight?If it is true.That is not simple?More true.That not everyone can have the same dreams?It is also true.That we can't start the house for the roof?More true.
True or not true?Joer I'm silly forgive !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/08/2017 7:45 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.