Dexcom G4 sensor and magnetic resonance

Antonio200's profile photo   01/23/2017 11:16 a.m.

Good morning.

Tomorrow I have a magnetic resonance and I wonder if you have done any without taking off the sensor (the transmitter yes, I mean to finish a sensor session, who whoever and start it and start it after the resonance).

In Dexcom's security measures, you let everything take off, but the sensor has nothing metallic.In fact it seems that a metallic object would distort the image, but I carry the sensor in one arm and they will make the resonance on the opposite shoulder, so bad ...

Thanks and greetings

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
01/23/2017 11:16 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"Antonio200" A couple of weeks ago they made me a resonance, it was on my ankle and I carry the sensor in the lower back zone ... everything was perfect, I put here a link with what I commented and other experiences.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/23/2017 11:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer for the speed of your answer.And an apology to all because, contrary to what I usually do I have not searched in the forum, I am at work and I have put the question and now ...
He supposed nothing happens to take it, but I already say that Dexcom is not what he says.
Thanks again

Contraindications

Stir The Dexcom G4 Platinum Sensor, Transmitter, and Receiver Before Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Compute Tomography (CT) Scan, or Diathermy Treatment.The Device Is Mr Unsafe.Do not Bring Any Portion of the Device into the Mr Environment.The Dexcom G4 Platinum (Pediatric) System has not ben tested during mri or ct scans or with dathhermy treatment.The Magnetic Fields and Heat Could Damage The Device So That It Might Not Display Sensor Glucose Readings or provides alerts, and you might miss to Low Or High Blood Glucose Value.

Antonio200
01/23/2017 11:39 a.m.

@"Antonio200" If the sensor is at the end of its useful life cycle, then better withdraw everything, in my case, I caught me with 3 days of use, and I have used it until 2 weeks.;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/23/2017 11:44 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not take it as a joke, come on :-)
All the best

Antonio200
01/23/2017 11:45 a.m.

I got even with a transmitter !!!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/23/2017 3:11 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

They made me remove, and the last time I made an emergency sc one, I made the Swedish and remove the transmitter: D

pochola's profile photo
pochola
01/23/2017 3:24 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

It is that I do not say it if not clear that they make it remove, that they pay us the € 90 that are worth ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/23/2017 3:48 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Hahahaha good strategy, I take note.
Thank you all: -)

Antonio200
01/23/2017 3:52 p.m.

gala said:
I have even put with transmitter !!!

@Gala, you are a brave one! They told me that more than to avoid harming me, it is to prevent the devices from spoiling !! ... it is seen that with the magnetic waves mobile, computers, etc... And the transmitter too!#:-s

fer's profile photo
fer
01/24/2017 7:11 p.m.

Antonio200 said:
good morning.

Tomorrow I have a magnetic resonance and I wonder if you have done any without taking off the sensor (the transmitter yes, I mean to finish a sensor session, who whoever and start it and start it after the resonance).

In Dexcom's security measures, you let everything take off, but the sensor has nothing metallic.In fact it seems that a metallic object would distort the image, but I carry the sensor in one arm and they will make the resonance on the opposite shoulder, so bad ...

Thanks and a greeting

Hi Antonio, the problem is that if you leave the sensor, you can break down and then offer incorrect readings, which entails a risk to your health.

lebrijano's profile photo
lebrijano
03/19/2022 2:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.