{'en': 'Night hyperglycemia', 'es': 'Hiperglucemias nocturnas'} Image

Night hyperglycemia

mariah14's profile photo   01/27/2017 4:53 a.m.

Here I find myself ... one more night without hitting an eye ...

My girl was bad with a viral state and we were completely uncontrolled ... It is worth that with infection but it has been a week without flu but the glycemias are still out of control ... especially x night ...

I explain before you there are times that at two hours of dinner it is fine (140-180) but then in the control of the 3 there were times that I had 200-230 but not correcting them Xa told us that from 300 ... besidesAfter that time it went down and rose with adequate values.But now that it reaches 300 and today for example we had to correct it 2 times xa the first one did not take effect ...
The basal I have left as a cd was Pachucha (increased from 5.5 to 6) and quickly put it what corresponded and at two hours it had to drink milk because it had 90 ...

Tb say that last night I don't have and had the same climb ...

Could it be that the Lantus no longer lasts 24 hours?

I feel the roll, I'm a little desperate ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/27/2017 4:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning, @"Mariah14"

Infections usually increase insulin resistance, hormonal changes (of all kinds: related to the menstrual cycle, related to growth, related to stress control and other metabolic issues, etc.) also affect how much the bodyAbsorb insulin, whether it absorbs it in the times we need or not, etc.

There are many variables that we do not know well, and others known that cannot be controlled.The human body is an impressive system and we do not know anything well to prevent and control exactly everything that happens to us.Mathematics and human intellect are a very little thing for the complexity of body-limited to the environment, I do not know if I explain myself.

It also happens to me that I am fine at two hours, and then it starts to climb, although I have eaten exactly the same as another day that the thing has gone "well".For example, last night after dinner was 180 (already high for the amount of insulin I had put on), but well to sleep.I fall asleep, and after an hour I wake up at 220. I correct and fall asleep.Today I get higher than usual.As if insulin did not effect.I am with the rule, what I tell is something common, but that does not follow a pattern: other rules does not happen to me and I go with hypoglycemia.What is then?Well, I have also turned crazy trying to understand what things, and in the end one understands that we cannot understand everything, just a part.And accept what there is, doing the best we can at all times.

May your daughter improve, and encourage ... good day :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
01/27/2017 8:13 a.m.

Thanks @imara everything you say is so true ... and I have it more or less assumed.I am not one of those who are looking for perfection because it is impossible and more in a little girl ... but what bothers me is that I had more or less controlled its guideline before (breakfast rises more, at night it goes up but DP goes down...) But now suddenly it has changed a lot and what worked before now ... That is what bothers me the most when you have controlled something or you know because it suddenly changes ...
Anyway ... I will try to relax x my and x my daughter

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/27/2017 8:31 a.m.

Yes, @"Mariah14" ... I know that he announces and that he is continuously changing and trying not to miss.
At first I was spent with the menstrual cycle, I thought that when I had controlled a pattern it would always be the same ... Well, nothing at all.So I took several anger.But here we walk ;-)

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
01/27/2017 8:36 a.m.

Keep going up the basal.
It is not necessary to reach 300 to correct quickly.
What time do you put in Lantus?
You can go better if you put it in the morning or at noon
When the basal goes up, it is usually needed less fast

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/27/2017 5:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina the Lantus was put by the morning... The noon I had already thought about TB and what to increase it I am in it ... the correct with 300 is x the night x put the insulin without having to eat anything... I never had to do it until this week

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/27/2017 5:27 p.m.

If it is high at three in the morning and does not fall alone and wake up high, it needs more lantus. I would continue to climb, half a unit every three days.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2017 4:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Watch the rapid, that when the basal goes up sometimes you have to reduce the rapid.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2017 4:06 p.m.

Thank you very much @regina we will do so from tomorrow.Basal glycemia had it well but x the corrections x the night ... we do not fall on that, see that it is of overwhelming logic ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
01/28/2017 4:13 p.m.

Hello, mine is of 14 -year -old diabetes of controlled evolution with 4mg glymepiride and I am 61 years old.I would like to know if what they say about night glycemia is applicable to my case since despite the diet and physical activity my morning glucose varies between 150 and 160 and there are times that it is normal being with the same food routine or maybe I have tochange medication

el rayo's profile photo
el rayo
02/18/2017 2:30 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.