Closer cure type diabetes.1 genetic therapy

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/15/2018 2:05 p.m.

Closer to healing type 1 diabetes through genetic therapy
For decades, and without success so far, countless teams and laboratories have sought a way to reverse this error of the immune system.However, this week a study has been published in Cell Stem magazine whose results are a breath of fresh air in this search for total remedy.
Nothing had worked for now, however, a team of researchers from the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Pittsburgh, United States, have tried a new tactics: in that attack on beta cells, the immune system leaves others, known as alpha cells that, although they do not produce insulin they could be "converted" into beta through genetic techniques.
This gene therapy that converts alpha cells into beta cells (insulin producers) has been tested in mice and the results are very interesting: alpha cells began to produce insulin and restored normal blood glucose levels in diabetic mice for approximately fourmonths.

More information in the following link
Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2018 2:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At least they are not bad news

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/15/2018 2:05 p.m.

Good afternoon a few days ago I asked about this forum if someone knew glucose peptide.It is a nutritional complement that acts to regulate blood sugar in prediabetics and diabetics type 2. I have a prediabetic child and a major in pre-diabetes and for this reason I am very interested in knowing if someone knows it.
If I act as the indications say they could help the child that I still have in pre-diabetes, but it is so novel that I do not know if anyone really knows about their results, I really do not dare to give it to him without knowing any opinion.
Thank you

Isgaru's profile photo
Isgaru
01/15/2018 7:30 p.m.

The article you just cited in the magazine Cell Stem is very interesting
Hopefully get out in practice

Isgaru's profile photo
Isgaru
01/15/2018 7:33 p.m.

I think there are 2 steps to take for the final appointment:
-Regenerate beta cells, and
-Inhibit the antibodies that attack them.
The one without the other cannot work in the long term.
Let's see if we are lucky and we see some light.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/15/2018 8:42 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.