How many basal per day they have with the use of a pump and how they have gone

Angel Andres 's profile photo   01/16/2018 4:05 p.m.

Hello everyone
My son Angel 12 has used 640g microinfusora already in March 2 years, and there I feel that there is no good endocrinologist control has left some very long basal and we notice that some work and others do not, the last glycosilada faith of 6.6
I would like to know how you have gone to you

a hug

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
01/16/2018 4:05 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

6.6 Glico is a good glymic control.If at some point in the day you see that blood glucose rises without taking any HC or lowers him with nothing blackers is that he lacks or left over.What needs to be done in those cases is to create a new basal section (or modify the existing one), rising from 0.05 U/H in 0.05 (or going down) 2 hours before that rise or lowered in glycemia occurs.So until the basal maintains glycemia in a straight line (as much as possible).

I have a very long basal section of 8.00 in the morning to 4:00 p.m.Another with a little higher from 16.00 to 18.00, another with the basal quite low from 18.00 to 24.00, the next with basal a higher pelin until 4.00 in the morning and the last one, the highest of all, from 4.00 to8.00 to combat the phenomenon of Alba.And yet, I use temporary basal, up or lower basal, as you see the trend of the day ... in these cases I go up or low 15-20 % and I usually control quite well.

JPR's profile photo
JPR
01/16/2018 4:27 p.m.

30 años. Diabetes tipo 1 desde los 10
Medtronic Minimed 640g
NovoRapid
hA1c: 6%
Sensor Enlite

Thank you very much JPR, I appreciate your comments, Angel is a child and now we are on the learning path sometimes I feel guilty because I should read the manual and be an expert in its content.Your comment will be very important about how to give straight lines.

Very grateful a hug :)

Angel Andres 's profile photo
Angel Andres
01/16/2018 5:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.