Dexcom G4 or G5?

Papajesus1's profile photo   01/28/2017 1:19 p.m.

That is my question, my child is a user of Dexcom G4 and the transmitter will end.

I am not sure what option to take, continue with the G4 or try the G5 .... more expensive and I am not sure that the theoretical improvements compensate for the price.

Has anyone tried both?What is your experience and opinion?

Thank you.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/28/2017 1:19 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

Hello @"Papajesus1", this is a quite common doubt, I would say that we have already spoken on several occasions, review these issues, I think you have the answer there, so I know, in my case, I am not interested in change to G5, since the transmitter lasts much less than that of G4, and does not contribute much compared to the G4.

Link
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
01/28/2017 6:20 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer.A pleasure.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
01/28/2017 6:22 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

I think like fer.While I can G4 I will continue.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
01/28/2017 7:44 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

In summary...

Advantages of G5:
You save the receiver (I don't know if good or bad, really), as long as you have an iPhone (Android nothing for now, and the XDrip works in a somewhat different way to Dexcom software).Although for a child (or very old person), who does not carry mobile, and who carries the receiver, he has absolutely no advantage, except that you pay much more.

Disadvantages of G5:
Transmitter larger than the G4 (what you have stuck to the body), is how the old G4
battery life 3-4 times (or in other words, cost 3-4 times higher)

In the rest of the characteristics, they are exactly the same (well, the scope of G5 to mobile is much more limited than from G4 to the receiver, for example).If the budget is not a problem ... a G5, with the original receiver .. and an iPhone.
If the budget worries you, the G5 is simply disastrous.For me, the ideal product is the G4 With Share, which joins the best of both worlds ... G4 transmitter, and the possibility of connecting it to the mobile by Bluetooth of the G5.The penalty is not to bring it to Europe.

The price difference between one and the other is basically ... 370 euros a year the G4, and 1480 euros the G5, only in transmitters (sensors apart).

All the best

pabloj2000's profile photo
pabloj2000
01/28/2017 8:27 p.m.

PUBLIRREPORTAJES NO¡¡¡

I do not save the receiver, you have to buy full kit, at the G4 if you sell loose transmitters

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/28/2017 9:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Good morning from a closed Madrid :-( My transmitter G4 begins to fail and I will havethat wearing another gossip in my pocket that would not happen to me with the G5, and XDrip sometimes loses the connection with Xbridge and I have to disconnect the battery ... Anyway, that I am going to tell you).that the sensors last less with the G5 than with the G4 (they have been lasting for 20 days. The one that reached 60 but we are going, it was an exception ...).But because of the prices they put, I should not be old (I do not know why the dates of the posts appear) now there is the G5 in 341 euros and the G4 in 431. What I do not know is how much the G5 is more precise than the G4 (That must be because Androidaps only allows SMB without having introduced carbohydrates with the G5) any recommendation?I have a lot of saved transmitters.In fact I bought a dramel but I have been unable to change them ... It would be the best option, buy a G5 or two in the worst case and change the batteries.
Thanks for your help.
Greetings and encouragement to all

Antonio200's profile photo
Antonio200
03/16/2020 12:52 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.