Diabetes and polyunsaturated fatty acids

Jorge Esteban's profile photo   01/19/2018 8:19 a.m.

I need help on this issue since I see that there are a lot of foods with this type of acid but I require your knowledge to know if it is convenient to acquire them with food to "artificially" for the pure obtaining of them.It is that there are excellent foods but I saw in Link that can be purchased.

I say it why, better are food, it is clear but there are many of them that have other properties that do not benefit me.What do you think?I buy or not?

All the best!

Jorge Esteban's profile photo
Jorge Esteban
01/19/2018 8:19 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The best is extra virgin olive oil, do not complicate or spend money on nonsense.Vegetable oils except that of virgin olive are not very healthy because they have a very high omega 3 ratio.That is, they have much more omega 6 than 3 and this causes chronic inflammation that causes many health diseases and problems.Vegetables are also almost all refined oils (always excluding that of virgin olive), which causes most of the beneficial properties of the original seed to which the oil is removed.Oliva, instead it has an omega6-oomega3 ratio better, that is virgin, refined are not the same and the price difference is minimal.The virgin coconut is not bad even if it has a lot of saturated fat, because it is a special medium chain type that works a bit different than the rest of saturated fats.But being Spain a country producing olive oil is not worth buying an oil that comes from the other side of the world (that is from Spain).
Also avocado and nuts (natural or roasted, not fried) have very good fats.
If you want more information there is a very good nutritionist (Carlos Rios) that he publishes on its Realfooding website information about this type of thing and about food in general.He is the creator of the Realfood Movement that promotes the consumption of real food and eliminating the ultraprocess.It is on Facebook, Instagram and on the web that I have told you and teaches you to differentiate that it is real food and not, to read labels so that they do not deceive you, that it is healthy and not, etc.About the oils speak a lot, if you are sure to find information with much better explanations than the one I have put you.

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
01/19/2018 9:04 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.