Trips abroad

Lidia Martin Nadales's profile photo   01/31/2017 11:58 p.m.

Hello, I would like to know what to do, because in May I go on a trip for 1 month to Uruguay to see my political family, and I do not know what to do, thanks

Lidia Martin Nadales's profile photo
Lidia Martin Nadales
01/31/2017 11:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

There are several threads with this issue, but summarizing;Calculate the material you will need in the time you are and calculate the double for what can happen: insulin, strips, 2 glucometer, needles ....
Do not invoice it, always in the hand suitcase.
To conserve insulin in optimal conditions during the flight, the best of a cold portfolio.
Some food, cookies, sandwiches ..... also azuxr for the descents, I usually buy some Coca Cola or juice after passing control in the stores inside.
Another very important thing;In report from your doctor in English and Spanish saying that you are diabetics and that you need to have all that with you.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/01/2017 1:02 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Lidia Martin Nadales", good day.As Gala says, especially carries all the material in your hand backpack.Do not put anything in your suitcase, especially because your bags can be lost.The cold portfolio, cold brand, works very well, cost less than 20 euros, you can buy them online.On my trips I also wear spare batteries.2 Glucagon.As for adjusting the basal schedule (Lantus), because I never did it with trips of more than 36 hrs.Now with three less.Have a good trip.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/01/2017 11:14 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Gala" The other day I went to my doctor to ask for the report and it seemed to be talking to him in Chinese.He told me to take a printed model to copy it, do you know where I can find one?

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 11:48 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"Solararia" Is the basal then when you travel, do you keep putting it at the same Spanish time?I go to Miami in a few weeks (6 hours difference) and I don't know what to do

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 11:50 a.m.

@"Gala" but the doctor is supposed to give me medications for all the time I leave?It is what is most afraid of me, I'm going 40 days and don't call me medications

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 11:52 a.m.

They have to give them @"Lidia Martin Nadales" but request them with time

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 11:55 a.m.

@"Nigiri" Ok, thanks for all the information you offer me, it's a great relief

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 11:56 a.m.

The last question @"nigiri" with months I am going well to request it?

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 12:03 p.m.

Well, depending on when you go, if you have to seal the inspection recipes, talk to your doctor

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 12:21 p.m.

I have an appointment with the endocrine in March and I go in May, so it is

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 12:22 p.m.

@"nigiri", good day.I am "Sudaca" for friends.When I travel (2 times a year) to my country (8hrs difference), then ... here I click Lantus at 12 night.I arrived in my country and click Lantus at 12 night, I mean, 24+8.And all good, but I am reckless.Now with Tresiba it will be safer.But, there is a but my trips are for 5 weeks, so better adapt soon.If your trip is for a weekly or so ... better to keep the Spanish schedule, I think ... enjoy the capital of the sun!Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/01/2017 12:30 p.m.

Man, you have plenty of time but the recipes do not make you the endocrine, right?where are you from?Here in Madrid we have the electronic recipe that the medications are assigned monthly but if I needed more I would have to tell my head doctor, in the case of the Tresiba, as it goes by inspection I have to go for the physical recipe but it is also to meHard doctor @"Lidia Martin Nadales"

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 12:31 p.m.

I live in the Canary Islands, and if the GP does also here, I will ask for an appointment with him to do them ...

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 12:32 p.m.

@"Solaria" of course I will only spend 8 days so I had thought not to disrupt the schedule, as the difference is 6 hours, if I put it here at 22:00 there put it at 4:00 p.m. and that's it.Thank you so much!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/01/2017 12:33 p.m.

@"Solararia" I go for 30 days for now, but I don't finish understanding the change of time with insulin

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 12:34 p.m.

The report, I brought a role by me saying that "Fulano to de Tal", has T1 diabetes, continuous glucose meter carrier (or/and pump ...) and needs to carry everything necessary for its treatment andA list of what I carry: insulin, strips, glucometer, needles, sensors, glucose .....
You also put it in English.
I took him on a pendrive and she printed it with the letterhead and signed it and put the seal and that's it.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/01/2017 3:10 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@"Lidia Martin Nadales".Now I use Tresiba and last 36 hrs (+-), so there is no problem.The problem is with Lantus that duration is less than 24 hours.So you had to adjust the schedules not to run out of basal.Here in Forum there are several threads of "trips abroad" and talk about how to adjust the basal.Guidelines were discussed if you travel to the east/west.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/01/2017 6:59 p.m.

I use Tresiba, and the time difference of the Canary Islands with Uruguay is 3 hours, I do not think there is a problem with it, I always put it at 10pm.But there are days that for the work I put it at 11pm or even at 1 a.m. and I have not had a problem with it, my glucose has continued to be good

Lidia Martin Nadales
02/01/2017 10:57 p.m.

I have traveled many times to Uruguay Montevideo and zero problem, I don't know what time you will.
To consider.
Everything you need insulin reactive strips glycometer needles and the usual you use and as @Gala take it with you at all times.
Cold bag if you go in summer from December to March there are temperatures of more than 30 degrees.
June July and August usually makes it quite cold.
If you need something urgent, the Spanish association in MVDO has good doctors.
Travel insurance just in case.
Good trip and enjoy that wonderful little country and don't forget to go to Punta del Este, greetings.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/02/2017 4:07 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.