From Motril with love .....

JoaquinGranada's profile photo   01/21/2018 9:26 p.m.

Hello everyone ... I am 43 years old and I am 9 diabetics ...
My story with diabetes is a bit rare, they sent me evidently fast and slow insulin.I was doing evidence I detected that the dose of slow insulin, could suppress the rapid.And I did so.75 units of Lantus ... and it worked for me ... until now ... I have always had the glycosylated at maximum 7.1 or 7.2, the first years were 6.4 even went down to 6,2 ... the last was 8.6 .... The good is over ... I have to start again .... I've never diet, the only "special" thing I have done is that in all thisTime, never, I have never tried anything that has sugar .... just a small piece of the wedding cake.Do not try sweets for me does not suppose any effort.Now all this has come down ... but nothing we start again .... without problem ...

JoaquinGranada's profile photo
JoaquinGranada
01/21/2018 9:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Joaquin!My son from his diagnosis was 7 months without insulin, with measurements, when they began to raise their glycemia with NPH X the morning he covered all day, 5 months passed and I need Lantus and fast before each meal.I read that you last a lot, now what insulin do you use?How do you feel?I say animically.Carbohydrate accounts?

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
01/21/2018 11:07 p.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Hello @"Joaquingranada" I have been like you for years, an endocrine that I had (I was in charge of the Red Cross Diabetology Unit) I was eliminating the quickly little by little and going up the slow one and in the end I am with 34 of ToujeoDaily, and I only get fast when rice or pasta (1 time per week).I am currently with 5.8 glycosilada and I use free freestyle that helps me a lot.First I would recommend that, if you can, exercise, or at least walk 1 hour daily, since you can lower insulin needs.The tactics I use to stay is, first sport, then, when for any circumstance I cannot do sports (injuries, trips, flu, etc.) restricted hydrates in some meals as you see, and finally, if necessary, I get fast, everything until I normalize.When my doctor was "experiencing" with several patients (generally people who did sports), not everyone could do without the 3 fast -daily injections, there were patients who, due to their constitution, because they needed to eat more, did less exercise or whatever,They had to quickly get at midday for example, but they did mostly eliminate it from breakfast and dinner, and especially in the latter they managed to reduce the danger of hypos at night to a minimum.With all this I want to tell you that for me at least, sport is fundamental.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
01/21/2018 11:08 p.m.

dani76 said:
Hello Joaquin!My son from his diagnosis was 7 months without insulin, with measurements, when they began to raise their glycemia with NPH X the morning he covered all day, 5 months passed and I need Lantus and fast before each meal.I read that you last a lot, now what insulin do you use?How do you feel?I say animically.Carbohydrate accounts?

Hello @"dani76" Well yes, it lasted a long time, I am aware.Now use Lantus and Novarapid, how do I feel?As before, I'm just a little more analytical with myself, diabetes will not change my way of life ... for now I don't tell anything ... yesterday I ate a paella like a demon ... of courseAt night I was 260 ... now I only have to learn how much fast insulin I have to click to continue eating the same or almost the same .....

runing50 said:
hello @"joaquingranada" I have been like you, an endocrine that I had (I was in charge of the Diabetology Unit of the Red Cross)Little and uploading the slow and in the end I am with 34 from Toujeo daily, and I only get fast when as a rice or pasta (1 time per week).I am currently with 5.8 glycosilada and I use free freestyle that helps me a lot.First I would recommend that, if you can, exercise, or at least walk 1 hour daily, since you can lower insulin needs.The tactics I use to stay is, first sport, then, when for any circumstance I cannot do sports (injuries, trips, flu, etc.) restricted hydrates in some meals as you see, and finally, if necessary, I get fast, everything until I normalize.When my doctor was "experiencing" with several patients (generally people who did sports), not everyone could do without the 3 fast -daily injections, there were patients who, due to their constitution, because they needed to eat more, did less exercise or whatever,They had to quickly get at midday for example, but they did mostly eliminate it from breakfast and dinner, and especially in the latter they managed to reduce the danger of hypos at night to a minimum.With all this I want to tell you that for me at least, sport is fundamental.

Hi @"Runing50" I'm glad that mine is not such a crazy thing as I believed ... I'm waiting for freestyle to get to me, it's a tremendous advance.As for the issue of exercise, I have it complicated since being autonomous or at least in my case it is impossible for me to follow exact routines overnight.But for short or medium short journeys, I will stop going on a motorcycle and I will have to walk.They are small habits that I am going to try to add to my daily life.

Thank you all for everything ...

JoaquinGranada's profile photo
JoaquinGranada
01/22/2018 10:06 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.