Debut dt1

Maria Maldonado's profile photo   02/03/2017 10:01 p.m.

Very good !!I am 25 years old and a few weeks ago I began to notice symptoms that were moving me, one morning I measured the glucose in the pharmacy and I had 196 on an empty stomach.I went to the emergency room, there they sent me to endo and they diagnosed me type 1 diabetes, they sent me 12u of Tougeo and Humalog depending on the post meals values.That same day, pass from 319 (after food) to 59 (they put me 5u from Humalog) and have been giving me spikes like this all the time, and I will be afraid to put myself humalog at dinner, I have the values ​​that the doctor told meBecause I get a lot at night, even I don't put the insulin, last night from 192 to 86 when I woke up in about 9h.The truth has all this caught me in surprise and I don't know very well what to do .... Is it normal to have these peaks at the beginning?Is it recommended that I still don't put the humalog at night?

Maria Maldonado's profile photo
Maria Maldonado
02/03/2017 10:01 p.m.

25 años, DT1 desde febrero/2017, 16und. Toujeo, Humalog según comidas. HbA1c: 6.1%

Good, according to what they explained to me is normsl, because you are in the honeymoon period.You have had the glucose so high that your part of pancreas still healthy was numb, when lowering the concentration of sugar leaves that lethargy and also creates insulin.So you should calculate whether or not you need it.
In my case I only put myself in breakfast, I take about 5 or 6 HC reactions and shed 2 fast.At lunch and dinner if I do not pass from the 5 portions, I climb up to 160 approximately and then fall to about 100.
Greetings

Fco_Javier_8888's profile photo
Fco_Javier_8888
02/03/2017 11:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks fco ^^
All the best

Maria Maldonado's profile photo
Maria Maldonado
02/04/2017 9:40 a.m.

25 años, DT1 desde febrero/2017, 16und. Toujeo, Humalog según comidas. HbA1c: 6.1%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.