{'en': 'Changed insulin for allergic reaction', 'es': 'Cambió de insulina por reaccion alergica'} Image

Changed insulin for allergic reaction

Antoniomesa153's profile photo   01/26/2018 12:06 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Today they have changed the treatment of my 15 -year -old son and two months of type 1 diabetic debut.

After this time I was using 2/2/2 of Novorapid and 14 of Tresiba.

Lately with the lantus, spots were left around the area that were going quickly but yesterday I had consultation and recommended the endocrine that changed to the leg or arm.

Yesterday night tested in an arm and the reaction was greater including itching and stinging.This morning I got in consultation and they have changed to Humalog Kwikpen 2/2/2 and Lantus solo 14 dose night.

I have commented that if we observe that not the tolerance that would have to be entered and everything would be much more complicated.

What is the first time in years that this reaction knows.What are the latest insulins and that is very rare.

Someone has happened to him something similar.Please a ray of light is a sense of indescribable impotence.

Thank you very much!

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
01/26/2018 12:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The truth was that he had never heard @"antoniomesa153", he sees telling us how the matter evolves and to see if someone from the forum can give you some information.

Greetings and a lot of encouragement.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
01/28/2018 12:49 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

The Tresiba takes a short time, so there can be allergic reactions that have not yet been detected.
The Lantus is very proven in many years, in some cases it is struck by being a bit acidic, but nothing more.Pass it on the buttock, which is where it is better.
If you see that it produces nocturnal hypoglycemia, pass it in the morning.
You still have to try the toujeo, which is an improved, flatter and more duration lantus.
You are telling us ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2018 9:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And there is also the insulin pump, which only works with fast, Humalog type, and that has no allergy.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/28/2018 9:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thank you so much.Yesterday he tested the Lantus did not cause spots but hiding in the slap.The rapid Humalog Noble gives clear problems that only puts 2/2/2.And 14 of Lantus.Tomorrow I will go to the hospital to see what an answer I get from the endocrine.I will tell you very much.

Antoniomesa153
01/28/2018 11:37 a.m.

I have visited the endocrine.This afternoon we entered our kid.They are going to do allergy tests to know what that brutal reaction of itching and heat so treated.
When they do with the happy excipient they will see if they can desensitize it so that they do not react allergically.Above all, it is with the basal ... that it gets 14. I hope you will soon with the solution.With 15 years, hospitals should not be treaded for visits.
Thank you...

Antoniomesa153
01/29/2018 1:55 p.m.

Let everything go well @"antoniomesa153".Hopefully they immediately discover what hurts you, and you are back at home very soon.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/29/2018 2:20 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

Good luck and patience.It is a matter of proof and error.I am allergic to the excipients of any soluble medication.They produce cramps, I detected it after several episodes ... I thought I die ... but once diagnosed... Without problems.

It is also letting it be the most proven basal and is authorized for pregnancies because it has no effects that alter pregnancy.I use is instead of Lantus that little and briefly a few minutes after putting it, such as the prophylactic heparin that they now put every time they enter you.

14 units is not much, calm.Little by little sure that will lower your doses.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/30/2018 8:13 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you so much.Yesterday night they gave him polarimine to prevent the itching and placed a road in case they had to inject Urbasson.And after hours of looking for the toujeo that is more concentrated and flat so it would have to be placed only 7 doses .... they did not find it.And they decided to put another NH that is of human origin and produced much less reaction .... only a slight itching that lasted a few minutes.
Inconvenient that only lasts 12 hours.And at two hours of administration he makes a beak in low so that since he was not so flat, he had to pay attention to hypo.But he has kept the levels good ... now eating as the other dose feels and the fast ones I don't know what they will be.
Thank you

Antoniomesa153
01/30/2018 8:25 a.m.

That they look for the toujeo.The NPH is very slave at schedules, because it is not flat.And they are two doses.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2018 9:03 a.m.

And you have the bomb

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/30/2018 9:06 a.m.

Already ... I understand it but as we do not know what excipient that unfortunately it is repeated in almost all the latest generation is the allergic ... although here we are to try what best goes and I think they will try something else.It only lasts 12 hours and being human being that I do not carry so many excipients.Let's see how we are moving forward.Thank you so much

Antoniomesa153
01/30/2018 9:07 a.m.

@"Antoniomesa153" You have the possibility, because it exists in your country, look for the toujeo, although we are all different, it has very good comments, and it is flat, with that insulin if your child works has less risks of hip,It does not enslave you with the schedule and lasts 24 hours. The NPH, x at least in my country, it is almost not used, the schedule is rigid, they are two punctures, it is not flat and there are more possibilities of hip!At least to try and rule out !!

Dani Se's profile photo
Dani Se
02/01/2018 3:35 a.m.

Soy DANIELA, mamà de Tomás de 8 años. Con tresiba 9u y lispro en comidas desde mayo 2017 . Iport y free+miao miao2 con xdrip y nigthscout .
Argentina

Thank you so much.Yesterday they did allergic skin tests, several rounds to several concentration solutions each time.Of 10 different insulins.None at that level of dissolution caused him reaction included in those 10 were 3 to which he showed when he was medicated.I don't understand.Today we are going to continue trying again.
I ask allergologists if it is possible to perform specific tests to see what echipers the insulin carries is reactive the child is the zinc chloride, be it glycerol, whatever it is.
They answer that these protocols do not work that way.What are made to insulins not to excipients.Today we will see how we are evolving ..

Antoniomesa153
02/01/2018 8:59 a.m.

It is weird.... The same was something temporary linked to hormones and the episode is not repeated again.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/01/2018 9:29 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hopefully, although I don't believe with the basal NPH (since quickly does not take for the honeymoon for now and by not causing more reaction as long as it is at stable levels) it still has itching and red spots that come out and disappear.Thank you so much.

Antoniomesa153
02/01/2018 9:36 a.m.

Good morning, I will try to convey our evolution in a short words.Cutaneous tests of 14 insulins were done at different levels of concentration and all gave negative.Before yesterday we went to make a desensitization test and as he had cutaneous lesions of previous reactions they preferred to leave it without insulin 24 hours so that not to confuse previous injuries with the reactions of this test.
After 24 hours without insulin and without a view of spots we go down to consultation and in 5 minutes spots leave the neck.The allergologist decides to continue, he injects 10 doses of Toujeo.And the reactions, stinging, itching and spots begin.The doctor who has injected her was not insulin ..... It was saline solution ..... and that her body was reacting in a psychosomatic way by extres before the axis skewer.His mind did not finish assuming the disease and reacted that way.
The great news "was not allergic to insulin so the skin tests did not give reactions."
Yesterday they put their toujeo after a psychological talk, and reacted well without itching or anything although some stain continues to leave from time to time.Today already apidra with a quick and bastoujeo of basal and good.
They have recommended psychological talks because he does not externalize anything until he has exploded by Hay.
I only hope to help with my personal experience the people who go through a similar situation.Thank you very much for everything.

Antoniomesa153
02/03/2018 11:23 a.m.

@"Antoniomesa153", what good news!Greetings and pa´lante.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/03/2018 11:36 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

I am very happy. It can be a stress reaction to the puncture ,, the skin greatly detects nervousness., And I think you are winning with the toujeo. You tell us.
Nothing happened to be 24 hours without insulin?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2018 11:45 a.m.

He was with a 2000 calorie diet.And he did not eat fruit or bread, to avoid peaks.And taking advantage of the fact that it is in a "honeymoon" phase does not exceed the 250 meals at any time.If noble they had to put some dose of Apidra correction.That supposedly would not leave a trace when disappearing at 4 hours.

Antoniomesa153
02/03/2018 11:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.