Diabetes Education

Arroyo's profile photo   02/13/2017 6:19 p.m.

Where does education in diabetes fail by public services?Could we say that many of the diabetes complications are due to misinformation?

Arroyo's profile photo
Arroyo
02/13/2017 6:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I spent 3 days in the hospital and I left with the basics learned they explained it to me in 1 hour ...

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/13/2017 8:03 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

My question was focused on a more widespread education that covers what you have to know to avoid the most common dangerous situations.They guided you around complications, why do they occur?They extended the explanation to a social and domestic field (state aid, exercises and prevention diets)?

Arroyo's profile photo
Arroyo
02/13/2017 8:24 p.m.

Sorry I mean, "more widespread that not only encompasses what you have to know to avoid the most common dangerous situations

Arroyo's profile photo
Arroyo
02/13/2017 8:25 p.m.

stream said:
I forgive me, "more widespread that not only encompasses what you have to know to avoid the most common dangerous situations

No, when I left the hospital I only knew how to use insulin, injection areas and how to use the meter, all that learned badly.For the rest I learned it by going to my endocrine and informing my parents.

Alvarozuma's profile photo
Alvarozuma
02/13/2017 9:23 p.m.

─ DM1 desde Enero 2015. 18 años.
─ Novorapid y Tresiba
─ HbA1c: 6,5% ✔
❝Es duro fracasar en algo, pero es mucho peor no haberlo intentado❞

Information in public services fails, of course.Who knows about something about diabetes is because he has a friend/cousin/brother/father ... who has suffered it.I didn't know anything about diabetes until a friend was diagnosed (when the pharmacy was to be tested literally broke the machine!)
I believe that at school instead of giving religion classes you could inform about common diseases, symptoms, first aid actions, ... etc. In addition, food habits should also be informed obviously.We are super exposed to bad information as such or such a product is good/bad.There are many products that you can contribute good things, and bad if they are taken daily eg and do prevention tests throughout all mandatory schooling (and not only to prevent diabetes, of course).But for that, financing is needed by the Government and in that sense we are totally backwards ...

Laia777's profile photo
Laia777
02/15/2017 4:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.