What can be done with quick insulin feathers?

PGarcía's profile photo   01/31/2018 2:25 p.m.

Hello, my son has changed Humalog's rapid insulin to Novorapid, and some Humalog feathers have been left in the refrigerator without starting.If I take them to the pharmacy I suppose they will throw them out without more.And I feel sorry, because it is a expensive medication and it seems sin to throw it without trying to be useful in some way ...

In a thread of a girl who has a dog with diabetes I have read of someone who delivered the leftover lantus to a veterinary clinic because they are treated with slow insulin.But of course the same if I take this one that is fast does not work for anything ...

If someone has happened to someone and has found a way to give utility to quick insulin, I would appreciate the advice.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/31/2018 2:25 p.m.

Hijo con DM1 desde Mayo 2017, con 13 años.
Tresiba + Novorapid. Freestyle + Blucon.
Última hemo: 6,8(Noviembre 2018)

I thought the same as you if I gave them to the pharmacy and took them to the practitioner in my health center.He was responsible for giving them other patients who need them.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/31/2018 5:24 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Thanks @"alb85".I had also thought about doing that but then I assumed that if any patient needed Humalog, they would give it without problems with a recipe and funded by Social Security.

And that's why I thought about giving it an out of that, that is, sending it to someone to need it and that for the reason that was not financed by the ss.I don't know, NGO type, veterinary clinic or something ...

But well, if in the end I can't think of another idea I will follow your advice and take them to the health center.Thank you.

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/31/2018 5:35 p.m.

I have 4 vials of Lantus in the frigo who expires this year.They changed me to Levemir and I have them there.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/31/2018 10:51 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Yes, @"ruthbia", I remember that in the thread of the dog of the dog with diabetes you commented that you were going to carry those feathers of Lantus to the peculia point of the pharmacy.But there they will discard them and they will not be useful.

And if you remember, in the same thread there was also a girl, Ainhoa, who said she had taken them to a veterinary clinic because slow insulin is what they use in dogs and cats.Maybe that could be a useful solution in your case :-)

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/31/2018 11:03 p.m.

Go!I did not know about the existence of diabetic dogs or cats.It seems like a good alternative.In my case when they have changed my insulin, the leftover I have taken to the pharmacy, they have always told me to take them the excess medication because they are responsible for taking them to NGO and usually takes advantage of everything.(Hopefully it is true)

valky's profile photo
valky
01/31/2018 11:33 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

Ufff, the same in your case, @"Valky", the same is true and in your pharmacy they take the trouble to do a good work and take insulin to an NGO.But in my pharmacy I doubt it.I will ask you anyway to be sure.But I'm afraid that if you are not bound by law to do so, they won't :-(

PGarcía's profile photo
PGarcía
01/31/2018 11:39 p.m.

Pgarcia, good afternoon. They changed my fast in February. I had 4 fast insulin feathers.acudi to a Red Cross. They explained that they do not collect medicines. I was the City Council, they gave me the number of social issues. There is no refrigerator.It occurred to me, calling an elderly residence. They told me that it will take them. A nursing assistant thanked me.older. A greeting

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
03/14/2021 2:18 p.m.

K5288pn25.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.