{'en': 'BOLO WIZARD SENSITIVITY INDEX !!', 'es': 'Índice sensibilidad bolo wizard DUDA!!'} Image

BOLO WIZARD SENSITIVITY INDEX !!

aranzazuleg's profile photo   02/14/2017 11:01 p.m.

Hello, I wanted to ask you exactly how that works in the pump, more sensitivity index less rectify the pump in high figures?

Or is it the other more insulin index, it does it understand that it is more insulin resistant?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
02/14/2017 11:01 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's see look clear example.
You have 140 mg of blood glucose and you have a FSI of 40, being your ideal value of 100 mg.The pump will put 1 insulin und to lower those 140 mg and leave them in 40.
You have 140 mg of glucose and you have a 60 FSI, being your ideal value 100. The pump will put 0.66 ud of insulin.

Now better?Care also that the famous formula to calculate the FSI of 1800 /number of units I would not end up trusting that calculation.Why do you take more HC what happens?Think about this question.Also, do I also do the same day?Nor does it have a lot of logic, right?

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/15/2017 midnight

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@"Aranzazuleg", the pump always corrects with the FSI that you have introduced and it is the Q applies, by increase or decrease, to reach the objective glycemia ... that they are more or less high figures is the same ...I want to say that the pump does not "know" if those high figures are by resistance or not, simply calculate according to the equation that is scheduled.So sometimes, if you know for sure that these high values ​​are due to resistance, or disease, ketones etc and that the correction that the Wizard calculates will not be enough, our own calculations need to be performed.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/15/2017 9:04 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

Well, you haven't clarified me much, hehe ... I almost have more doubts.

I understand that the more sensitivity index, the less insulin I put the machine to rectify the values?

aranzazuleg
02/15/2017 9:16 a.m.

@"Aranzazuleg" If that is, if you have a higher sensitivity index you need less insulin.

Ainhoa's profile photo
Ainhoa
02/15/2017 9:20 a.m.

Dulce introducción al caos...
DT 3

VAAAAAL, THANKS!

aranzazuleg
02/15/2017 9:26 a.m.

@Anzazuleg look at it in another way.The sensitivity index (ISF) is the amount of glucose (in mg/ml) that lowers 1 insulin unit.That is, if your ISF = 70 and you are in 170. If you get 1U, when insulin finishes you should be at 100.

I mean, the greater your ISF, you insulin wishes you need to make a correction, which is what a Wizard Bolus is going to calculate.

To calculate an ISF, it is with a continuous glucose monitor (MCG) and being stable in a not very low number (to avoid hypoglycemia), puts 1U of insulin and see how far it goes down.You have to be patient because fast insulin lasts about 3-4 hours.In addition, we are going to see how long it takes to take effect, how much lows 1U (ISF) and how much it lasts in the body.There are 3 very important parameters to better understand our diabetes.

There are formulas to calculate it ... but theirs is to do the test that I indicate above because that is the best way.Keep in mind that the ISF varies throughout the day, so the Pruba would have to be done in the morning, afternoon and night.In addition, the ISF is not the same as in 100 than in 300, somewhere I read that when I insulin is more difficult to act and more need.There is an ecclesplication cite for this, surely someone knows it.

The formulites that are usually used to get the number are 1800/No. Insulin Total per day (slow+fast).Or if it only gets fast (insulin pump) is 1500/total fast insulin.For children I think the formula is different.

I insist, better than the formula, is to test.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
02/16/2017 11:03 a.m.

Here another related topic in case it serves to expand the information.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2017 6:24 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.