{'en': 'Hyperglycemia (+250 mg/dl) and exercise', 'es': 'Hiperglucemia (+250 mg/dl) y Ejercicio'} Image

Hyperglycemia (+250 mg/dl) and exercise

mariah14's profile photo   02/15/2017 7:39 a.m.

Let's see a question ...

For those who are athletes and controls this issue ... with more than 250 glycemia I understood that it could be exercised whenever CC+ did not have themselves, but the other day they told me that no, that I would have to lower the blood glucose first xqIf it is high x lack of insulin can go up more with exercise ...

This is always the case?Or would it depend on the type of exercise?

And how much insulin would have to put?

Xq If you then go down more with the exercise maybe there is hiccup ... I have a mess ... help!

Thank you,

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
02/15/2017 7:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello good!In principle, it should not be, for several reasons, one of them is as you say that ketoacidosis is not presented, which happens when the body cannot use carbohydrates as an energy substrate and uses fat and proteins in its predominance in its place.This phenomenon is already harmful to the body and especially the kidneys, which have to eliminate excess residue from blood, along with excess blood glycogen which is quite a work already in itself.
But there are other reasons also, which do not usually say that the higher the level of glucose, the more the body processes are slowed down, due to high blood coagulation and the lack of blood insulin to perform exchanges at the cellular level.Therefore and summarizing;When you are more than 200 you feel with much less energy, the body suffers much more and in a little healthy way when exercising, even counterproductive.
That is why I think it is much better to try to be as stable as possible around 150/160 to have a margin, and use both juices and products that make you quickly climb as cookies and delayed absorption foods.Here for the forum there are good posts about it, greetings!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/15/2017 12:16 p.m.

mariah14 said:
to see a question ...

For those who are athletes and controls this issue ... with more than 250 glycemia I understood that it could be exercised whenever CC+ did not have themselves, but the other day they told me that no, that I would have to lower the blood glucose first xqIf it is high x lack of insulin can go up more with exercise ...

Xq If you then go down more with the exercise maybe there is hiccup ... I have a mess ... help!

Thanks,

Hello!I've been in the gym for much time, but I tell you my experience ...
I always go after work, about 20:00.
On some occasion I have been 240, I have made an elliptical, I have danced and I have walked a little on tape ..., and when I have returned home, I have shower and before dinner I had the glucose about 190/200.
On the other hand, I have been testing anaerobic exercise for a couple of days, when I am well, it is great but today I was 243 and I have done it equally, when I went to dinner I had the sugar in 425, I had not had such high glucose for years,And I think that's why.
Of course, after dinner it has given me a large sugar downturn, I think it makes the effect much later.
I don't know if it can help you, but I tell you my experience in case it is useful

Evacaru1's profile photo
Evacaru1
01/13/2022 1:21 a.m.

Man if you are 250 and without insulin it is bad it is clear but if you put insulin and do sports having eaten you well, you will download glucose

Rogerix's profile photo
Rogerix
01/13/2022 12:33 p.m.

mariah14 said:
to see a question ...

Thanks,

Low impact exercises type walk ... will always tend to hypoglycemia.

High impact or intensity exercises tend to hyperglycemia.

And then there are the combined exercises that produce both effects and normally what they produce is an initial hyperglycemia and at the end of a tendency to hypo.

This is a natural process of the body and that affects us thus for not having that automatic element of insulin that releases the body or not.

With 250 and parties of hyperglycemia ... as much did you have to go and not do the opposite an exercise of high intensity like HIIT.

On the other hand you should also know that when you finish the exercise you have an approximate time strip of 1 to 2h where insulin sensitivity increases a lot and is recommended in case of correcting, doing 50% of the usual units you would use.

Greetings

marine's profile photo
marine
01/13/2022 1:12 p.m.

To my walking on 2 hours out with 140mg/dl I do not give me hiccups, I go up at 240md/dl.I have to put insulin and wait 1.5h to take effect for breakfast.

If I do it in the afternoon if I enter hypoglycemia.

Conclusion: It depends on each one and that is proof and error.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/13/2022 8:49 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

I cannot do 20 minutes of bicycle, because it goes down chopped .... in fact when I spend 200 tend to get on the bike because I know that it will come down a lot.Isn't the sugar down with exercise?Forgive my ignorance, I've been ...

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
07/06/2022 1:36 p.m.

@Cassie, it is not advised above 250, because with a strong exercise you can even climb more, but walking is always good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/06/2022 1:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

It depends on the usual and type of sport.I get off 250 to 90 swimming but I am a life swimmer, in addition to the fact that I have the theory that exercises at hypoxia eat glucose.But in gym .... The opposite I get more than 80 mg/dl

Alerr's profile photo
Alerr
07/06/2022 3:02 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.