{'en': 'Help: Insulin does not work at some times, inexplicable?', 'es': 'Ayuda: La insulina no funciona en algunos momentos, ¿inexplicable?'} Image

Help: Insulin does not work at some times, inexplicable?

enriquec's profile photo   02/03/2018 8:10 p.m.

Well, a strange thing happens to me, and when my wife, who is the head of diabetes, falls asleep even if it is a nap, blood glucose rises like lightning.

If a corrector bolus is put the glucose not only does not fall but rises even faster, and only falls after hours of 250 or so.Once wakes up, the doses and if they seem to have more effect.

Has anyone suffered this behavior or has any advice to prevent more than 200 from rising?

Thank you so much!

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
02/03/2018 8:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It will have little basal .., if the catheter is not clogged or folded ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/03/2018 9:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Today I have tried in the nap, and as insulin is already awaited, it begins to take effect.At night if you do not sleep super stable about 100 immediately rises and insulin changes the trend but to climb faster if possible.We do not know where to throw and the endocrine says that we do not worry but it would be good to understand and correct it because it is going on many times.

enriquec's profile photo
enriquec
02/03/2018 9:54 p.m.

I have been lacking 2 days, with bowling every 2 or 3 hours .... thinking that it was a three -time lot that was wrong, that did not take effect, thinking of everything, I have to go for another recipe to the doctor, to approach thePharmacy and comment, look on the web an advertisement ... when I have later remembered that on Saturday I took a new pill, for vitamin D, prescribed by the endo ... and that I think it will be that ..... This afternoon I have already normalized.
Mysteries of our cross .....

Merchedm's profile photo
Merchedm
02/05/2018 10:16 p.m.

It happens to me.If I sleep the insulin does not work for me.When I wake up a little effect but I have to put more.
Today without going any further.I have taken my nap and I woke up in 235, it has dropped to 198 so another bolus but with the flu is water... I am 180 and the 3 units do not go down anymore and without eating anything.
I have experienced it more times.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/08/2018 9 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Ruthbia"! The nap !!!!.By God, I was about to consult it with the horoscope or the ouija.That is likely to explain my occasional roller coaster, I will see if Siesta and Hiper coincides.When I wake up my blood glucose to 250 or more, and then go down without puncture insulin.: (((

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/09/2018 7:31 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

enrich said:
Well a strange thing happens to me, and when my wife, who is the head of diabetes, sleeps even if it is a siestcilla, blood glucose rises like lightning.

If a corrector bolus is put the glucose not only does not fall but rises even faster, and only falls after hours of 250 or so.Once wakes up, the doses and if they seem to have more effect.

Has anyone suffered this behavior or has any advice to prevent more than 200 from rising?

Thank you so much!

2piuviato1frts's profile photo
2piuviato1frts
12/04/2020 11:57 a.m.

K5288pn25.

enrich said:
Well a strange thing happens to me, and when my wife, who is the head of diabetes, sleeps even if it is a siestcilla, blood glucose rises like lightning.

Thank you so much!

Well, it takes me for a few years, I carry the freestyle and there are times that I measure me with a measure with a straight arrow of 200, I sulked 2 units of fast to correct and change the rapid rise arrow and starts going up to time I measure meAnd I have 220, I hope the arrow is set in line, brand 220 I do not go down again, and go up again, instead of going down.
If you consult the endocrine they have no idea, they tell you that you will carry little basal, which will be for food, etc. but do not know well.
Of course, all this assuming that you do not have any infection, such as throat cold, etcFast extra units should go down and not go up.Well encouragement

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/04/2020 7:24 p.m.

antonimar said:
enrich said:
Well a strange thing happens to me, and that is when my wife, who is the head of diabetes, falls asleepEven if it is a nap, blood glucose rises like lightning.

Thank you so much!

Well, it takes me for a few years, I carry the freestyle and there are times that I measure me with a measure with a straight arrow of 200, I sulked 2 units of fast to correct and change the rapid rise arrow and starts going up to time I measure meAnd I have 220, I hope the arrow is set in line, brand 220 I do not go down again, and go up again, instead of going down.
If you consult the endocrine they have no idea, they tell you that you will carry little basal, which will be for food, etc. but do not know well.
Of course, all this assuming that you do not have any infection, such as throat cold, etcFast extra units should go down and not go up.Well encourage

I have been having a long time.I have been a sensor for almost 2 years and with practice I see that this happens to me when I am going back to basal and put a bolus.When going down that basal interval for the next day, that climb does not hit me anymore, which in my case glymia puts me in 300. I think it has to be that some regulatory hormone goes crazy and causes the glycemia to rise beforethat from an hiccup, but I have been commenting on the peace for a while, which is where I go to consultation and they tell me that it is not possible, that I lack insulin.
A roll, if someone could even give a track of why this can happen, would be of great help.

angelchez's profile photo
angelchez
12/15/2020 6:53 p.m.

In the case of men, stress is usually.It can cause very strong climbing increases that we cannot control.
Then they can affect as always infections, etc etc

jldiazdel's profile photo
jldiazdel
12/15/2020 8:48 p.m.

DM1 desde Marzo 2018 (53 años). 7-10 unidades basal: Abasaglar (insulina glargina). NovoRapid. Factor 1.0/1.5.
Vivo en Alemania. CarboH total dia 70-80 gr. Deporte Gym todos dias L-V 1h-2 h
HbA1c 5,5% (Abril 2022)
Dexcom G6

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.