{'en': 'Expired strips, can they be used?', 'es': 'Tiras caducadas, ¿se pueden usar?'} Image

Expired strips, can they be used?

nigiri's profile photo   02/05/2018 1:12 p.m.

Hello everyone,

Have you ever used expired strips?

It happens to me that a relative needs a glucometer and I have one and I have three boats of strips but they are expired for 3 months, do you think they can be used?

Let's see if someone can give me their opinion.

I have now done an analysis and I don't care as with the sensor but I am afraid to give them and that they do not use.

Greetings and thanks.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/05/2018 1:12 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@"nigiri" I have never used expired strips, but the expiration process is a slow process and being a chemical they will never be unusable overnight but that they will lose effect very slowly over time, andIf you have already tried a boat and it's going well, I would take advantage of it.The other two would keep them in the fridge and when they were used to use a comparison test also with the first strip to see if they are going well.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/05/2018 6:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

To me directly with expired strips the glucometer gives me error and does not let me use them, I imagine that it will depend on each brand.-

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/05/2018 8:12 p.m.

The glucometer is the One Touch Verio IQ and I let me use them and what I tell you, I did the same as with the sensor but in the end I went to my health center, I told them that the freestyle had broken me and that until IThey would send a new one needed strips for the old glucometer and a fixed matter.

Thank you!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
02/06/2018 11:14 a.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

This morning I was bad and I measured the glucometer (Freestyle Opium Neo) that I have on the bedside table.
As that glucometer never uses it, I have realized that I have the expired strips of a couple of months ago (and I have about 150 strips ...).

I am from the thought that are not going to be spoiled as well as, because those strips are involved individually, but I do not know whether to give them priority in front of the glucometer I usually use.

What do you think?Has anyone used very past strips the expiration date?

anif's profile photo
anif
03/19/2021 2:05 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

@anif, nothing may happen, but you risk wrong results.You better not use them ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/20/2021 3:32 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

anif said:
this morning I was wrong and I measured with the glucometer (Freestyle Optium neo) that I have on the bedside table.
As that glucometer never uses it, I have realized that I have the expired strips of a couple of months ago (and I have about 150 strips ...).

I am from the thought that are not going to be spoiled as well as, because those strips are involved individually, but I do not know whether to give them priority in front of the glucometer I usually use.

What do you think?Has anyone used the expiration date very past strips?

Hello, I can tell you that I used expired freestyle strips 8 years ago
I have compared to another glucometer 4 strips and no problem.Just for staying the open boat, they have broken all.

skiman's profile photo
skiman
03/20/2021 7:44 p.m.

They must have enough margin, the last ones that gave me in the ambulatory expired this month

Paco Iriarte Vañó's profile photo
Paco Iriarte Vañó
03/21/2021 11:57 a.m.

The strips that facilitate public health, are not free, we pay them among all.So we must optimize its use.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
03/21/2021 1 p.m.

Rubioares said:
The strips that facilitate public health, are not free, we pay them among all.So we must optimize its use.

Those strips that have been expired have not been facilitated by public health ...

anif's profile photo
anif
03/21/2021 1:28 p.m.

DM2 (2019)

All the expired strips you have you send them to me, and I recycle them: D

Alberto_13's profile photo
Alberto_13
03/21/2021 1:30 p.m.

DM3c desde 2018; hb 6 % (feb.. 2022) (tresiba+fiasp+metformina)

And Anif, if they were from public health, nothing would happen either.And when do we need them and have to go begging them ???I believe those who have been in this for years has happened to all seasons that you almost begged to give you what we needed.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/21/2021 1:42 p.m.

Hello!!!!I had the first glucometer that I had, and that I still conserve, I had the expired strips of a couple of years, of 2017-2018.I was using them until they ended, with the trick of changing the glycometer date, more or less a year before the strips expired, and without any reading problem.

Sandaca's profile photo
Sandaca
03/22/2021 6:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.