Insulin refrigerators

Elena López's profile photo   02/05/2018 5:22 p.m.

Hello, my partner is type 2 diabetic. We will have to go to the United States for three months for work and we do not know what to do with insulin.Does anyone have experience?Can we take all the feathers that we will need for three months (12 feathers) from here in those cold covers and put them in the frigo when we arrive?Or once we take it out of the fridge they already have to be used in 28 days and cannot get into the fridge even if they have been on the covers all the time?The trip will be about 15 hours in covers outside the fridge.Is there any more effective portable fridge than feathers?Also, do you know if you can put any problem to enter the United States with 12 insulin feathers?Thank you very much for your help.

Elena López's profile photo
Elena López
02/05/2018 5:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Elena.
I have a portable fridge.It is a kind of fannya that has some corks inside and, inside those corks it has a small freezer that lasts several hours.The drawback is that only a pen enters (squeezing, two could enter).I have for more than twenty years;I guess now there will be better and more prepared portable refrigerators.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/05/2018 6:08 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Thank you very much for your answer.After carrying insulin in the portable neverita for several hours, can you put it again in the frigo to last time again?

Elena López's profile photo
Elena López
02/05/2018 6:18 p.m.

Of course, it is not only recommended but necessary for you to last for 3 months, even if you go to a hot place you can put back into the refrigerator, when you have just click, the pen you are using at that time, whenever you haveThe precaution of taking it out 1 hour before the next time it will be punctured, so that it is put at room temperature.What I no longer know is if they will put any paste when passing the customs USA, just in case you do not forget to carry an endocrine report indicating very clearly all the medication you need.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
02/05/2018 8:08 p.m.

Of course @"Elena López", without any problem.As @"Runing50" says it is necessary to continue using it once defrost.In fact, I always have it in the freezer and, when I'm going out, I take it out and put it in the fanny woman.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
02/05/2018 9:21 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

Look at the cold wallets, to travel is the best.Once activated you last four days perfectly.And to activate them you only need water.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/08/2018 1:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.