{'en': 'Glycemia increase before breakfast', 'es': 'Subida de la glucemia antes del desayuno'} Image

Glycemia increase before breakfast

maite's profile photo   02/27/2017 3:19 p.m.

I have a question of which I would like you to give me your opinion, you will see:

I use Apidra in fast and toujeo in slow (6 units at 11 at night), during the day I have managed to be more or less stable with acceptable values, but in the morning it is a mystery that I cannot solve, I go to bed with values ​​with valuesFrom 140 +- in the morning (at 6.00) I get up with 120-123 I have seen myself I manage and without taking anything I go to work, at 7.30 before breakfast I am minimum 180 and many days 200 longs.

I don't understand.I had thought about uploading a unit the toujeo and lowering a unity the apidra of breakfast and food (dinner no), what happens is that I doubt because I am afraid to break down the rest of the day.

I have tried to measure myself at 3 in the morning in case there was a problem of hiccups but the result is usually in 110-113.

I would appreciate your opinion.

Thank you

maite's profile photo
maite
02/27/2017 3:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello.I use the two you comment.And the same Toujeo units, 6, but I put it at 12 noon.If I upload it, they give me hypos at night or between hours.It also happened to me what you have, and I think it does not have much to do with slow insulin, but with the preparation of the body for the day: the liver secretes more glucose, in all people;As our pancreas does not secrete insulin to transport it, glucose stays in the blood.Until you have breakfast and inject what touches insulin.
I have read enough threads in which these apparent X files are discussed, of people to which glycemia uploads in the morning before doing almost nothing or before breakfast.
Before I spent a lot, now it happens to me but less, and in my case I have observed that it has to do with the state with which the day begins: if I go calmly, it does not get on.If I start the day with acceleration, go up.If I am afraid, it goes up (and this is common to all people: fear makes the liver start up in front of a possible "attack"; it is part of our physiological response to emotions).An example of fear: day I am going to do an analytical, if I get up with 100 and I am afraid that I have a hypo until I have done the analysis and eat ... I measure me after the analysis, beforeBreakfast, and sometimes it has uploaded a lot (160, for example).The quieter I go, the easier it is stable.

Anyway, I would not heat my head much (I already did enough:-P), but would solve every moment in the best possible way.Maybe discovering a special routine for each serves, when doing certain things in one way or another.

(By the way, I would change the name of the thread so that it is clear about what the subject is going ... something like: climb glycemia before breakfast)

imara's profile photo
imara
02/27/2017 3:35 p.m.

imara said:
hello.I use the two you comment.And the same Toujeo units, 6, but I put it at 12 noon.If I upload it, they give me hypos at night or between hours.It also happened to me what you have, and I think it does not have much to do with slow insulin, but with the preparation of the body for the day: the liver secretes more glucose, in all people;As our pancreas does not secrete insulin to transport it, glucose stays in the blood.Until you have breakfast and inject what touches insulin.
I have read enough threads in which these apparent X files are discussed, of people to which glycemia uploads in the morning before doing almost nothing or before breakfast.
Before I spent a lot, now it happens to me but less, and in my case I have observed that it has to do with the state with which the day begins: if I go calmly, it does not get on.If I start the day with acceleration, go up.If I am afraid, it goes up (and this is common to all people: fear makes the liver start up in front of a possible "attack"; it is part of our physiological response to emotions).An example of fear: day I am going to do an analytical, if I get up with 100 and I am afraid that I have a hypo until I have done the analysis and eat ... I measure me after the analysis, beforeBreakfast, and sometimes it has uploaded a lot (160, for example).The quieter I go, the easier it is stable.

Anyway, I would not heat my head much (I already did enough:-P), but would solve every moment in the best possible way.Maybe discovering a special routine for each serves, when doing certain things in one way or another.

(By the way, I would change the name of the thread so that it looks clear about what the subject is going ... something like: climb glycemia before breakfast)

Thank you very much Imara, yes, I had thought that possibly the fact that just getting up and I am running for that of not being late could be the reason, I will see if I organize it so that I can go faster to see if withThat solves the problem, thanks again.

maite's profile photo
maite
02/27/2017 3:43 p.m.

They have explained to me the same thing that Imara has told you.The body when it calculates that the activity begins begins to release the glucose of its reserves.My daughter coincides with the peak of the Desejuno, and the day that goes more fair time, and of course I begin to get angry, that day the peak is greater.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/27/2017 4:03 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The values ​​with which you get up are fine so I don't know why you want to change anything.The toujeo should not touch it.Well is my opinion.You eat your head too much.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/27/2017 4:14 p.m.

Made imara, you are right.
Thank you all, Anaisabel may be right when you say we eat my head, I guess I am still ignorant on this issue and I worry too much, which surely does not benefit much

maite's profile photo
maite
02/27/2017 9:27 p.m.

The other day without going any further, I had blood analytics at the hospital, so from 7 that I got up to 9.30 that they did to me I did not stop doing things.I went to bed with 120 and before they will go to the analysis I measured and I was 255. Q boredom ...

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
03/02/2017 8:10 a.m.

The liver is the one that releases that damn glucose to give us strength when we wake up, and the one that gives us the first time in the morning.Without taking anything we see how glucose rises and rises.
With the bomb what I do is put a greater basal to avoid that climb according to the time I am going to get up, it is a fuck, but it is the only way to avoid that climb that can sometimes annoy everything.
I wake up and the first thing I do is analytical, for example 90 mg and I put the insulin, I take a shower (well to see on Sundays hahaha) and I add proportional part of insulin for about 10 minutes that I have disconnected by the shower, and I see howIn the Dexcom when finishing showering it puts 120 (sometimes it went even above), and I have not taken anything !!!!!, because the insulin values ​​that I have put for breakfast have already been bothers, I put correction.
This is this even if we do not take anything, and the hyper that can be after a breakfast can be perfectly given by this circumstance.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 11:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

marga_rita said:
I the other day without going any further, I had blood analytics in the hospital, with which from 7 that I got up to 9.30 that they did to me not to stopdo things.I went to bed with 120 and before they will go on to the analysis I measured and I was 255. Q boredom ...

At night, a thousand things can happen, very important food, sometimes we can take some food thinking that it will not affect us much and complicate life and not little.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 11:10 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

sprinkle said:
have explained to me the same thing that Imara has told you.The body when it calculates that the activity begins begins to release the glucose of its reserves.My daughter coincides with the beach peak, and the day that goes more fair time, and of course I start to get angry, that day the peak is greater.
Rocio that is so we can't do anything just be patient and that's it.There are people who correct and people who do not happen.
With pen it is more complicated to avoid it.Just touching the fast but the endo will advise you very well, comment, well that very well can be relative.
Think that you have put the insulin for breakfast but not for the climb that implies that awakening.
Let them make some somnifero for the liver !!!!

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 11:13 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

maite said:
I have a doubt that I would like you to give me your opinion, you will see:
I use Apidra in fast and toujeo in slow (6 units at 11 at night), during the day I have managed to be more or less stable with acceptable values, but in the morning it is a mystery that I cannot solve, I go to bed with values ​​with valuesFrom 140 +- in the morning (at 6.00) I get up with 120-123
I have seen myself I manage and without taking anything I go to work, at 7.30 before breakfast I am minimum 180 and many days 200 longs, I do not understand.I had thought about uploading a unit
Toujeo and lower a unity the apidra of breakfast and food (dinner no), what happens is that I doubt because I fear decomposing the rest of the day.I have tried to measure myself at 3 in the morning in case there was a problem of hiccups but the result is usually in 110-113.
Gracias

Why don't you delay that analytical of the 3 if you have it well and check it at 4.30 for example?They are conflicting hours from 3.30 for all.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 11:15 a.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

@"jconegar", hehehe ..... our endo or the very good, directly does not advise, simply, you are doing well, continue like this.We hope to have more luck with the next one, my "little one" goes to adults and we are also going to ask for a hospital change.
And my daughter's liver, it seems that there is some days on vacation, today for example it has risen with hiccups and the fist or shadow of wanting to work, and there are a few days that it costs us a lot to overcome, nor going down two of three of three have achieved it, I give him time this afternoon, if not, one less ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/02/2017 3:34 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

jconegar said:
maite said:
I have a doubt of which I would like you to give me your opinion, you will see:
I use Apidra in fast and toujeo in slow (6 units at 11 at night), during the day I have managed to be more or less stable with acceptable values, but in the morning it is a mystery that I cannot solve, I go to bed with values ​​with valuesFrom 140 +- in the morning (at 6.00) I get up with 120-123
I have seen myself I manage and without taking anything I go to work, at 7.30 before breakfast I am minimum 180 and many days 200 longs, I do not understand.I had thought about uploading a unit
Toujeo and lower a unity the apidra of breakfast and food (dinner no), what happens is that I doubt because I fear decomposing the rest of the day.I have tried to measure myself at 3 in the morning in case there was a problem of hiccups but the result is usually in 110-113.
Gracias

Why don't you delay that analytical of the 3 if you have it well and check it at 4.30 for example?They are conflicting hours from 3.30 for all.

I will take it into account to see.
Of course, I get the fast just before breakfast, and it is not the same 106 as I had for example this morning when I woke up that 167 when I put the apidra, the truth is that it is an annoyance.
The food is true, for example, two rations of pasta for me is a pump up a lot.
I have ended up writing down the hydrates that, to verify which affect me more and be able to take it into account.

maite's profile photo
maite
03/02/2017 4:19 p.m.

rociollinares said:
@"jconegar", hehehe ..... our endo or the very good, directly does not advise, simply, you are doing well, continue like this.We hope to have more luck with the next one, my "little one" goes to adults and we are also going to ask for a hospital change.
And my daughter's liver, it seems that there is some days on vacation, today for example it has risen with hiccups and the fist or shadow of wanting to work, and there are a few days that it costs us a lot to overcome, nor going down two of three of three have achieved it, I give him time this afternoon, if not, one less ...

He thinks that the liver says "These people bounced me to give them glucose so that they are strong and go and they put me insulin to leave me without work", sometimes they say "for this I do not work"
Two equal days doing the same, eating the same are the night and day, from there we deserve the international medal for outstanding discoveries in mathematics, but they do not give them to us, the laboratories remain to investigate a little more with our wisdom;)

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/02/2017 8:33 p.m.

Ultima prueba realizada:

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.