I don't know my type of diabetes ... and I have few symptoms

Edmundo's profile photo   02/17/2017 12:37 a.m.

Hello everyone.

Today two months ago they detected the diabetes.I spent a week admitted in the Christmas, I entered with very high glucose levels, the apparatus measured 700, and marked error.Until the fourth day I already had 240, and when I left I had 120.

Since then I only have slow insulin at night, and two metformin pills.And my controls have gone down.I have been with hypoglycemia for a week, today I woke up with 61. In fact, practically as before, except foods rich in sugar, such as soft drinks, and things like that.

I still don't tell me what diabetes I have, some reports say it is lada, others that Moody and others than the two.The nurse that gives education tells me that I forgot to take away the insulin, my general practitioner tells me that, in fact I have dropped from 30 units to only 14.

Is all this normal?The question is absurd, because when they told me that I had diabetes, I thought I would have to inject daily, weigh the food, and I don't know a lot of vocabulary because I only know how to check my glucose and inject my insulin once a day.

Thank you for reading, and if you answer, I have many doubts.

Edmundo's profile photo
Edmundo
02/17/2017 12:37 a.m.

Diagnóstico en navidad de 2016, sin saber qué diabetes tengo.
Lantus y metformina.
Diagnosticado con 620 de glucosa, actualmente con hbA1c de 6,7

@"Edmundo" is normal what you explain when diabetes is diagnosed, succeed with medication takes time and since the pancreas still works (in part), there is a period that we call the "honeymoon" that corresponds just to thistime that you are happening.

You can read more about the honeymoon here:

Link

And I also recommend that you read:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
02/17/2017 9:32 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.