{'en': 'How to maintain blood glucose all night ???', 'es': 'Como mantener la glucemia toda la noche???'} Image

How to maintain blood glucose all night ???

María Cecilia Alegre's profile photo   02/20/2017 2:32 a.m.

Hello forum!

I start my activity here telling that my 4 -year -old son has a diabetes for a year and a half.We go through several insulins, now with 9u of Lantus and corrections with Novorapid.

I don't know how to keep glycemia all night.Even standing up (sometimes 250) and keeping the straight arrow of the Dexcom, goes down and dawns with 70, or sometimes makes a hypo 5 in the morning.

I can't eat fruit every night, but most of the time it does ...

María Cecilia Alegre's profile photo
María Cecilia Alegre
02/20/2017 2:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Maria, I do not think that eating fruit at night is recommended, in this case at least, since the fruit causes a higher glucose peak and therefore you can run the risk of compensating it with too much insulin and then there are drastic declines.Better to try something more stable, cereals containing fiber would be a good option to delay their absorption.Greetings and luck!

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/20/2017 3:15 p.m.

Thanks Fernando!The theme of fruit was a nutritionist suggestion for the amount of fiber that it has.

María Cecilia Alegre
02/20/2017 8:38 p.m.

If I serve as advice to my 3 -year -old daughter, the fruit rises quite quickly and the low one as fast TB ... I give it to lunch and it has to be accompanied by another hydrate but does not reach the food
Anyway at night better sin as it gives more with insulin since there are many hours without taking anything ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
02/20/2017 8:59 p.m.

What time do you put the lantus?
When that happens, it is usually better to put it in the morning, because Lantus's last hours are less active and do not cause hypos ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2017 10:17 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I think how regina, but the lantus really is worth it today there are other insulins?The Lantus does not take effect 24 hours and is already proven.

There are insulins with more combinations, if there is a lotOf this, for that there are the professionals, I could never forgive me that someone suffered a hyper/hyper for my comments.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/20/2017 11:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

The endocrine told me to eat a yogurt before I go to bed or half a glass of milk.

It is important to know if the basal you put it at night or in the morning, so you have it put it at night and do the early morning.
Look well if you always dinner the same HC and if with the same dose of Lantus you have approximate values, that is, it gets up between 70-85 or doing the same 3 days in a row change a lot and day you see a beautiful 150.
To change guidelines there must be a similar behavior several days in a row.If not, you just give blind sticks.

The lantus can change it little by little;According to the medicine, it takes its effect at 4-5 hours with what can be a decrease in sugar at that time.In very little theory, but I used it for a year and has given me some hypo.
I would like to use one of the new ones, but my endo does not prescribe it.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/21/2017 2:27 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello everyone!The Lantus put it 7.30 in the morning.When I put it in the afternoon I made worse hypos.
I take the tips of non -fruit, yogurt or glass of milk.
Until a month and a half ago he used Levemir, which is placed twice x day.But it was hyperglycemia when the effect was finished in the afternoon.

María Cecilia Alegre
02/21/2017 9:17 p.m.

Then it seems that it has too much dose of Lantus., You can vary the average units on average to adjust better.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2017 9:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

@"María Cecilia Alegre" proof of requesting the Tresiba, it is flatter and I since I use it I have noticed an improvement in the night drops with respect to the Lantus.Personally, fruits at night they dislodge me a lot, and they have fiber, but there are many more fiber foods that will leave the most stable blood glucose.For example, I usually consume dairy derivatives at night, test with yogurts, milk or cheese to see how it;)

FernandoGR's profile photo
FernandoGR
02/22/2017 1:17 a.m.

Thank you very much Regina and Fernando!The truth is that Lantus is not working for us.Tresiba we already tried and with the children it is different, it makes many morning hypos.The diabetology let us try that we asked him but we only did it for a month.Thank you!

María Cecilia Alegre
02/22/2017 8:43 p.m.

Personally it seems to me the best food change ... but it works for you, I think the only thing you have left is an insulin pump ... My child has been for two years and helps by the basal sections ... and betweenDexcom and the bomb ... I use both that you would improve, but neither do you expect miracles.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/22/2017 9:49 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

@Papajesus1 With the pump and continuous meter do not greatly improve peaks and hypos?I am considering asking for it but made me back some things ... that I have to carry two little machines on top, if in the school they would handle it well (and if they want) and if you understand how well or I will make a mess of bowling andIt will be worse and the theme of ketosis that is more likely to with pen ...

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
02/25/2017 8:35 a.m.

If it improves, but with a lotIf the child is acceptably controlled and without many declines, I don't see it so clear.A clear advantage is that you have more freedom of schedules and something in food.Nor can you happen that otherwise everything is uncontrolled and it is worse.For my child, unstable and very difficult to control, with complicated nights, etc ... it is essential ... but to give you a reference, hemo of 7.1 and we also have declines ... 48.55, some big scare38 .... But there is more freedom, today we are traveling through Madrid, we have gone abroad, etc ... Each case is different, it is also true that without dexcom and without a bomb we are lost and we almost do not know otherwiseAnd for us it is essential, it allows us to live many things that are another way was all fear.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
02/25/2017 12:53 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

María Cecilia Alegre said:
Hello forum!

I start my activity here telling that my 4 -year -old son has a diabetes for a year and a half.We go through several insulins, now with 9u of Lantus and corrections with Novorapid.

I don't know how to keep glycemia all night.Even standing up (sometimes 250) and keeping the straight arrow of the Dexcom, goes down and dawns with 70, or sometimes makes a hypo 5 in the morning.

I can't eat fruit every night, but most of the time it does ...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It happened to me just the same and I ran a lot of changing the time of administration of the Lantus.Initially I put it at 9 p.m. and now at 9 in the morning.With this I can bed with 160-180 and get up with 80-100.

JVH's profile photo
JVH
02/26/2017 11:55 a.m.

There is also the Toujeo option.Is more stable than Lantus

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/26/2017 2:09 p.m.

Ami told me the Indo that he ate 1O2 cookies of Maria and the August and fabulous

barki26's profile photo
barki26
02/26/2017 3:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.