Hypoglycemia prevention

Maria Maldonado's profile photo   03/03/2017 8:36 a.m.

Good, a month ago they diagnosed me.And well every time doctors make me crazier with this issue and I don't know what to do.
Before having DT1, more or less for Christmas weighed about 51kg.I lost in two weeks up to 46. Endo told me that I hadA good balance, did not get weights or thin and took about 13 rations per day in 5 meals and had left the levels greater than 160 blood glucose behind.Before meals it was to be at 75-100 depending on the daily.50 in two hours for the 5u of Humalog) but removing that episode I have not dropped a Munca of 65. This week he told me that he fattened 10kg to prevent future hypoglycemia but I do not understand it ... now I have to eat 24 to 28 rations for a2000kcal diet and I have the levels of glycemia quite high again even even though I put the fast, it is disconcerting ... always (and now removing the dobetes) I have everything perfect, perfect cholesterol, I do a lotvaried ... I am desperate because my ideal weight for my height is 54-55 and I don't wantetc when I am like an oak!

It really is so important to gain weight so much to avoid future hypoglycemia if for now I have not had any serious?Wouldn't it be better to lower the basal?Moreover, if I am on a honeymoon ....I don't understand anything!
I ask you for help!
Maria

Maria Maldonado's profile photo
Maria Maldonado
03/03/2017 8:36 a.m.

25 años, DT1 desde febrero/2017, 16und. Toujeo, Humalog según comidas. HbA1c: 6.1%

The hypos will not avoid them fattening, if not everyone would be fat, hehehe ...

I will tell you that you get fat so you can take your ideal weight, I suppose that the calories would lower you.

In the end we eat the same as everyone, there are people with diets of 2500, others of 2000 and I have been 1600.

The risk of severe hypoglycemia is always there, but with good control one of those hypos with loss of knowledge is difficult, more than anything because you usually notice the symptoms of the downturn and remedy them.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
03/03/2017 9:28 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The eating more makes it very sense .. And more pork I have enough hypo and the recommendation and measures to be taken is low of insulin ... the slow almost always.Ahi there is no more is the solution .. greetings

Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola's profile photo
Yolanda Castiblanque Figuerola
03/03/2017 10:09 a.m.

As Aranzazuleg says, fattening is not going to free you from hypos.On the other hand I see an exaggeration from 13 daily rations to 28, it should have increased little by little, although 13 portions seem a bit short.What has always happened to you, with 170 of height and just over 60 kg of weight, the endocrine have always tried to "gain weight", but when I have done it I have found myself worse, so I have not done themCase, every time I went to the consultation it was a kind of pitched battle.Nor do you say if the hypo you had it only once or gave you more times, if you did more exercise that day or shafts the same, it would be interesting to see glycemia curves at that time of day, because maybe it is solved by taking something in the middle of the morning,Or biting, or taking something after sports ... you have to be very methodical to be able to control the hypos, and even and that from time to time they are surprised.What I would do would be to consult with your endocrine an intermediate situation in terms of daily rations, and look for a commitment in which you are perfectly as at the beginning.

runing50's profile photo
runing50
03/03/2017 10:31 a.m.

Runing50 is what you say, I think the same, and I have told it that I have always been healthy and without any problem when I have had it in 70 it is because I have made some effort of more or some less balanced cup, and I think that solved that would bePerfect and the truth when they told me that I take a shock, because when I have glycemia in 200 I get worse that with 70 (q eating something happens quickly) ....

Thank you all for the aid !!!!

Maria Maldonado
03/03/2017 1:05 p.m.

25 años, DT1 desde febrero/2017, 16und. Toujeo, Humalog según comidas. HbA1c: 6.1%

It is normal to lose weight before a diagnosis of diabetes.The body to have energy to take fat.Once you start the treatment with insulin, the body adapts and is usually fattened a bit.
It would be very rare for a diabetic to never have hypos.It is tried not to have them, but the current treatment is not accurate and two plus two are not four no matter how much we spend the day calculating and analyzing what is done and what is not done.
If you want to gain a little more, eat a little more with your corresponding insulin.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/03/2017 1:32 p.m.

So inappropriate is not eating anything like happening;Eating too little for the needs of your body, such as eating too much because someone says you have to gain weight.If you are skinny but you are fine, why would you be fattened?I measure 1.68 and 50 kg weight.All my life I have moved in this weight, 50-52-56 at most, very few occasions.With 50 kg I have done everything, with everything skinny I am and I have been very strong.And I have eaten a lot and I have not gained weight in my life.Others fattening just breathing ... Come on, you get fat if you need.But of course, that an endocrine says that you have to gain weight yes or yes to prevent hypos is of stupidity that I am going to shut up what moves me: D

hugs :-)

imara's profile photo
imara
03/03/2017 4:46 p.m.

Yes, I also thought about the same thing ... Consult with another endo and I recommended the rations of HC to 20 and increase the toujeo from 12 to 14 ... now all this guay but I do not get fat or wanting!I wait for my public of the public, I don't scratch me more the next time I return!: P

Maria Maldonado
03/14/2017 9:34 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.