REFFEEDS OR CARBON HYDRATS RECARGE

Joseafd's profile photo   03/05/2017 10:22 p.m.

Hello, I leave the link to an article where we talk about the importance of carbohydrate or refrages recharges when we want to lose weight.

In the previous article I discussed the issue of hormonal settings that our body is able to develop in order to protect us against a prolonged low caloric contribution.These adjustments, as I said, make it at the beginning of a weight loss program (remember more exercise), it is relatively easy to reduce our body fat percentage, but then when we keep the caloric deficit for a long time these settings are activatedhormonal and will make this diet and exercise no longer effective and do not lose body fat, that is, we enter "survival mode."

What to do to avoid the activation of hormonal settings?

The solution is to make refers or carbohydrate recharges.It consists of introducing a period of time in which caloric intake is increased, especially carbohydrates, slightly above the maintenance level, ingesting more calories than we need approximately between 15 and 20% more.

REFERE EFFECTS.

Two types of effects: drawing diet

Psychological effects: The fact of being able to skip the diet from time to time, will make the adherence to the program greater, since we know that we can promptly give ourselves some “caprichitos”, although we must take into account that carbohydrates must come inmost of healthy sources.

Physiological effects:

$ 1- Increases the production of leptin and thyroid hormones, so it will decrease to a lesser extent basal metabolism.

$ 1- Glycogen deposits increase with what will have more energy to be able to perform training and not feel so tired.

$ 1- Reduces cortisol, increases testosterone and growth hormone, creating an anabolic atmosphere that will not decrease muscle mass, which as we already said is a metabolically very active tissue that causes the basal metabolism to remain high.

Why are the refeeds increasing carbohydrate intake?

$ 1- Carbohydrates increase insulin and leptin levels much more than fats or proteins.

$ 1- Carbohydrates are essential to increase thyroid hormones and muscle glycogen.

$ 1- They are not stored so easily in fat-shaped adipocytes.

How often should a reference be done?

It depends on the percentage of body fat.

15% men and women & lt;24% à1 day every 5.

Man between 15 and 25% and women between 25 and 34% à 1 day every 7.

Men & GT;26% and women & GT;35% à1 day every 10 or 14.

If you read the previous article you will remember that I put a track to avoid hormonal adjustments, which said: scale

"Sometimes you have to go back to take a run."

Well, I referred to the following: When we make a reference you have to accept a small fat gain.It is a necessary strategy to "deceive" the body and regulate hormones that try to save energy.This will make us in the long run more likely.

Bibliographic references:

- Williams, K. et al.From Observation to Experimentation: Leptin Action in The Media Hypothalamus American.Journal of Clinical Nutrition.2009.

- McDonald, Lyle.the Rapid Fat Loss Handbook.2005.

Source: Coach Spersonalinef.es/blog/perdida-de-peso/item/47-refeeds-o-recarga-de-hidrates-de-carbono

Joseafd's profile photo
Joseafd
03/05/2017 10:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.