Someone who doesn't use any "device"?

T1d's profile photo   02/23/2017 9:25 a.m.

After just over two months of my girl's debut I only see business business with all the devices that I am not yet in it and I don't know when I will be.My question is: there are someone, adults or children, what is well without using those devices?In other words, he continues to click and insulin in syringes or think?Thank you

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/23/2017 9:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I like your reflection.
Of course it is a business;It is also a business housing and we are all good for a roof :-)

I was without using free time;Now I have been with him for several months;Using it gives me some peace of mind, so as not to be continuously with the puncture in the fingers and have them dripping blood and sore at all hours, because there are very difficult days and in the end also both pain and uncertainty and continuous alert generates anger, tiredness, frustration, frustration,that added to other everyday things are hard to transform.But you can transform and address, of course, with great patience, calm, little by little and with aid when necessary.
Therefore, even if it is business, I value what it gives me or does not give me the free of Abbot, which is the one that uses.And I find it a complement sometimes useful together with the knowledge of my body, which seems to me the most appropriate and the best.But self-knowledge, in everything, comes with the years of observation, practice, trial-error.
I am thinking of stop using the free;At this point I should trust my knowledge of my symptoms and the rapid and sensitive reaction of my body.And yet, I feel more comfortable, less alert and in tension, if I carry the free than if I do not carry it, in what situations.Because I have also proven that, for the moment, doing properly work of the metabolic-normal system, it is a task that is not available to our possibilities of mental execution.Wow, anyone with diabetes knows that it has serious problems to control many things.
Anyway, that I think it is best to educate children in autonomy so that they can assert themselves if they do not have all the "useful accessories" by hand (I wonder how this society will survive the day that the Internet goes to the hell, thatThe light fails, which fails the connections ... it does not have to, but it is not crazy either, because we already have many experiences of unpredictions, because nature is not so predictable and we cannot control it and we tomb us to the minimum of change andIt leaves us without technologies that are worth).But that can also be achieved with aid: to balance the search for self -knowledge with useful supports and facilitate the day to day.Use, neither everything nor anything, that there is a whole range of gray between "I sign up for everything and I cannot live without it" and "I do not want to know of anything technological" (which is almost impossible already, to survive withinOur current society, for now, if we want to access very basic things, although I do not like it).

Hugs

imara's profile photo
imara
02/23/2017 9:44 a.m.

Let's see, until 5 years ago there was no MCG in Spain and very few and diabetic bombs years a thousand so that living without those devices with a medium-clear control that can be, but I with hair controls exclusively have only had hemoglobin below6 making me like 16 average controls, I mean my fingers were crushed and always in the inspection with the role of the endocrine to give me more strips.
Now with Dexcom I make 2 capillaries and I have the hemoglobin below 6, the difference is clear.In addition, there is the issue of security that gives you to certain situations such as going to bed at night, exercising, going out with friends or taking the car.It is another world

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2017 9:56 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

For now I still "old".Without any device.Of course I can't afford it either, and I don't like the idea of ​​having a pot all day ... although if I could allow it or financed it, I would like it clearly!
Everything in this life is business as @"imara" tells you.It is sad that health is also, but there are so many sad and unfair things in this world ...

Miexron's profile photo
Miexron
02/23/2017 10:01 a.m.

DM tipo 1 desde Junio 2016 - Novorapid y Toujeo.
HbA1c: 6,2 // 30 añazos
----------------------------------------------------------------
Échale un ojo a mi web de ilustraciones sobre diabetes!: https://www.facebook.com/diabetesatiras/

I think the same, everything is a business, but like everything in life.We were almost a year without free, but now and despite the business and while we can afford it, we will continue with it.The tranquility of being able to measure my daughter while sleeping, without waking her, see when insulin begins to take effect, avoid many hypos .... The truth is that despite everything, I do not change it, and she still.Many of the punctures of before and after the class of physical education, training and careers are saved, and she controls himself in class without having to prick, he only does it to administer insulin and in the doubt of some value.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/23/2017 11:24 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

t1d said:
after just over two months of my girl's debut I only see business business with all the devices that I am not yet in it and I don't know when I will be.My question is: there are someone, adults or children, what is well without using those devices?In other words, he continues to click and insulin in syringes or think?Thanks

I believe that most diabetics do not carry anything (although in this forum it seems otherwise).And we continue with the bolis and punctures on the fingers.

And I have already told it several times, I tried Abbot's and at the beginning I was happy with the novelty, but after a short time, between the defective sensors and that every time I was overwhelmed, we would get something always nailed to the skin, I left itAnd it was a great relief (I remember how difficult it was to sleep and how good it is with anything).I do not plan to bring something nailed again, no pumps, or sensors, or anything.

Of course, I also say that for people with a very active life (I don't know your daughter's age), carrying the sensor can give much more security moments than punctual punctures on the finger.And for many people (athletes, people with serious or asymptomatic hypos, etc.) there is no choice but to take it, if they don't want to be suffering from sugar.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
02/23/2017 11:35 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I am a fan of control and free gives me peace of mind.It allows me to go to the quiet bed or do sports because I know that with a quick pass of the reader I see what level I have.Before the doubt I use the capillary, as right now, but I have saved 4 punctures a day, now I make myself 2.
I was just a year with capillary and my hemo was 6.2 now I have 5.8 but above all the added value that I have seen to the control system is to know how my body works through the trend arrows.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2017 1 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Good day.I was already in asymptomatic hypos plan many of them.The worst was a time of heat or housewife's own hustle ... They hit me very abrupt glycemia, which did not always hypos.And of course, I ran to make my hair.A sinvivir, now if I feel rare I go and see the dexcom.I've been with the device and I for my dexcom mato!@T1d, you can be fine without the speech, but it gives a security and comfort that is priceless.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/23/2017 1:16 p.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Sherpa41" is two years old and as a girl who is moving and much clear.But I see her happy, of course he still understands and I see that it is like another routine for her.For now we are fine like this.And yes, @"imara" everything is a business, house etc but if economically you can not afford it then you rent a room and if you are happy then better.Thanks for your opinions :)

T1d's profile photo
T1d
02/23/2017 2:47 p.m.

I use Dexcom and glycosylated hemoglobin gives me exactly the same, what it gives me is a barbarity of quality of life.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
02/23/2017 7:44 p.m.

I totally agree with @Artorias, I use free and surely I will end Dexcom or another MCG with alarm, in fact, I had better hemoglobins when I did not carry the free that now that I carry it, I take it for the security it gives me inMy day to day, in the street, at work, in sport, hemoglobin how much more controlled the better but I did not put the sensor for hemoglobin.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
02/23/2017 8:03 p.m.

I also did not put it for hemoglobin if not as you for the quality of life you give and because that quality of life also involves better control, avoid the hypos and you can correct the hyper almost before they appear.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
02/23/2017 11:02 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

My daughter had a 7th hemo before using the free, and for half a year with the free it has also remained in 7. It is now 6'5, but I blame more to the change to threeiba.What has helped us a lot is to anticipate hypos, which we have managed to lower them a lot.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/24/2017 11:01 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Like all Dexcom gives you an unimaginable quality of life, if that helps to avoid peaks and hypos better than better, all this implies implicating glyc, one thing does not take away the other, but the tranquility it gives us is not impressive.My glyc and so on, it doesn't matter, the important thing is that we all fight together and united.
We must never throw in the towel, fighting is our word, it is our sign.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
02/24/2017 5:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.