{'en': '1 month with diabetes, diet, exercise, control and doubts', 'es': '1 mes con diabetes, dieta, ejercicio, control y dudas'} Image

1 month with diabetes, diet, exercise, control and doubts

Kallens's profile photo   02/19/2018 10:59 p.m.

Well, I'm 16 years old, I have 1 month with diabetes and how they detected it and symptomatology I will not speak because that is already very seen hehe.

The month began in the typical of 90, 70, 140, 180,100 and up to 200 sometimes awakened high and sometimes in the afternoon I had some hyper but no more than 180, my grandmother said it is normal to have it a little high to 200 saidDr. (although he did not remember to say that) approximately 3 days I was like that did not know much about the effect of food and other factors spent the days and began to investigate more and find out about the ALBA effect and other hormonal processes that pass in theNight and I thought it would be that and then I told myself: "If the body reacts with a headache and blurred view it must be for something" I had already been in this for 5 days and decided to inform myself by means of scholars of the subject and metabolism and evenTaking advantage that I like to read about psychology, physics, I told myself because I did not study my illness and found a list of aggregate foods and friends and then with the days I realized that in what they differentiated were in the glycemia index, for example thePotato avocado was not simply because "being a green food therefore it is good" I assumed that since the insulin dose was exact, carbohydrates should also be and I decidedThen the glycemia have been great although it passes through a time of 2 weeks that if they were quite good I had between 1 and 2 slight hypos a day it told me good they do not go down from 60 as a chewing rubber and they happen to me but I said this is nothave controlled diabetes and continued educating myself but ending the 2 week the hypos attacked with everything and I think I have not yet asked the doctor that it must have been "the honeymoon" but hard as 5 days or so hahaha but the flexibility was greatIt was incredible (if the scientists could make a type of cells that at least do 15% of what the beta did before I think it would be something spectacular) returning to the subject after that I returned on vacation (yes, debut on vacation hahaha) nowI have been with a diet with type A foods for 1 week and the only E -type food is the integral bread that breakfast and merpos (TV metabolism is called the channel that gives this information on YouTube) eliminates the potato that was the last carbohydrate with more indexglycemia that I had in my diet after the mold bread changing this by integral that has less glymia index than even the potato and if someone new wonders and but the vegetables and these are carbohydrates with low calories from where you get more calories so as not to get offWeight and I tell you about the egg, avocado, nutThey are my favorites like snack, as jackets of hurry etc) and the diet I find that is not expensive I think it was more for meats, pasta and rice ah and forgot to tell you that as mayonnaise it has barely carbohydrates and sometimes it helps me to reachThe dose I need for the injected insulin good summarizing this last week has been spectacular I do not rise 100 in the 2 -hour post opIn opinion they are the most dangerous) it was in the first week and then 1 only day that it was when I knew that the one I think was the honeymoon that I think has been normal those days and they have never been timely occasions to neverBeing 1 hour high or things I hope to continue like this and continue learning and if in the future I hope to pay for new devices and who knows the cure (I doubt it for how this system is haha) in summary I have been almost 3 weekswith controlled diabetes and in the last totally controlled without hypos or hyper and I want to try to have it between 70 and 100 for 1 month.It should be noted that not everything was the color of roses, his little shock I had before becoming ill.After a few days I started with the questions about why and crying only sometimes but then my rage went through, although I usually ask myself and things like that but it is normal I think, I hope to continue accepting my condition and live about 50 or 60years more minimum hahaha about rabies trying to control rationally and I don't believe in God almost 1 year because I did a lot to think about why my etc and seek an answer in faith (without offending) it can be emphasized that I have passed throughAnxiety crisis, bullying etc I have had a little bad luck but that will be done I suppose some we do not know that others do not have and could not with some pesos or I see it :).

Well here my testament ends haha, if it is not too much to ask, I would like to listen to advice and suggestions on devices or interesting information.

Thank you!!.

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
02/19/2018 10:59 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no
Lantus 22u Mañana y 2 en la noche
Novorapid 6-12 Unidades (varia, no suelo pasar de 10 U)

Little by little, .., with a good treatment, you can be calm.
Welcome to the forum.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/20/2018 12:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My mother!Congratulations!Few people of your age inform themselves so much and take it so seriously.
You really left me amazed.

With everything you have told, I think you are still on a honeymoon.If you take care of yourself, it can last for years, they told me about 5 years.I go for the third.Over time your body will need more insulin but it is normal.
You continue with the carbohydrate diet of slow absorption and controlling the fats, and it will do very well.

Regarding continuous measurement devices, right now the most economical is Fabott's freestyle.Go through your website and in the post of the same name you have literature for a good time.

Welcome to the forum!

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/20/2018 8:16 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks Ruthbia and well the honeymoon I do not see it as such because the hypos stopped and I had some hyper, I have everything that is quite precise food and those days where I had the supposed honeymoon ate an apple and it was at 90After those 5 or 6 days there was eaten an apple again without putting insulin and was in 230 even if I will tell my doctor and watch what happened

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
02/20/2018 11:30 p.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no

Well, it's normal... I like an apple and I put myself in 197 starting from 79 because the Levemir does not cover the apple after 14 hours of putting it on but the c peptide gives me even reserve and according to my endo I remain in honeymoon.
I do not know how it ends and detected, surely the ups and downs will be more abrupt and are now relatively soft.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/22/2018 12:15 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

@"Kallens", Welcome.Interesting information you will find a lot and my classmates and I are also very interesting!Ask and comment what you want.Greetings.

solaria's profile photo
solaria
02/22/2018 1:16 a.m.

Debut 46 â- 2012. DM1. Celiaquía e intolerancia lactosa. Anemia perniciosa.
MiniMed 640g + SmartGuard.

@"Solararia" thanks very friendly all :)

Kallens's profile photo
Kallens
02/22/2018 4:08 a.m.

DM1 - 18/01/18
HbA1c - Aun no

Hi Kallens, when reading you I can't help remembering that same stage with 12 years in my case.I also spent that stage of crying, and in perspective, I still don't know why I cry.
Over time, and after more than 30 years of evolution, I can assure you that with good control, without exaggerating measures to take, you can lead a full life.In my case, I make road bike and I learned how many HC I need for every time of bike.Better do some exercise every day, than a whole day and nothing.We require routine and regularity.Over time you will also learn to count HC and click according to what you eat.My advice, avoids fatty foods and takes very little for food intake such as cheese: they delay the absorption of HC and causes you to have uploads after the post-Prandial hours.
In restaurants and meals away from home, await the ration that serves and make a calculation of HC by highbreadcrumbs...).
One good thing that we have the diabetics that we started young is that in a short time we are very adaptive, we have high capacity to assimilate changes in life (we have overcome this diabetes, so ...).Sometimes they say that "we are smarter", but it lacks foundation.We really learn to be self -sufficient and adapt, and we are persistent (imagine, we get reasonable hemoglobins based on effort) which comes very well for almost any professional field.
I now, if I want, I can eat "desserts" without more than count HC and raise insulin.Of course, I do not do it, and I try to eat everything natural that I can, with few processed products.
Learn to calculate HC based on food labels (three rule from HC per 100gr of the label and weight of what you are going to eat).Recently in the LIDL they sold a scale that had food codes and based on weight tells you. HCs HC.
And finally, the right strategy to overcome declines is rule 15-15: 1.5 Rations of HC and look again at 15 minutes.To do this, I recommend you ask in the pharmacy for some glucose gel of strawberry flavor (Diabalance are called).Very comfortable to carry on.Gel is what the body absorbs the most quickly (which is what interests) much faster than water with dissolved sugar.The gum with sugar is not a good idea.One for the teeth, and two because the gum does not swallow it and takes longer to act.He advised him totally.Notice that professional cyclists drink gels to recover energy quickly.It is not interested in taking HC of more to avoid exaggerated subsequent ascent.
Over time your body will stabilize.Think that adolescent metabolism is boiling.When I have stress or disease, it goes up.And do not try to adjust the postprandial to 100: it is likely that then you get off.Putting as a more realistic objective as not from 130-140.Especially if you will exercise in the afternoon.Adjust that goal based on your plan for later.

And above all, my message is: here I am, diabetic from 12 and now with 42 healthier than some non -diabetic.Enjoy your life !!

Hugs!

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/25/2018 3:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.