{'en': 'The Ombudsman supports patients with diabetes against their labor discrimination', 'es': 'El Defensor del Pueblo apoya a los pacientes con diabetes contra su discriminación laboral'} Image

The Ombudsman supports patients with diabetes against their labor discrimination

fer's profile photo   02/26/2017 5:17 p.m.

The Ombudsman has communicated this Friday to the Spanish Federation of Diabetes (FEDE) that has admitted the request of the organization in which his support was requested to promote actions for public administrations, so that they update the medical cadres ofcurrent exclusion today in certain public employment offers, since in many of them are restrictions that do not take into account the current reality of diabetes "and that involve a clear case of discrimination towards the group of people with diabetes”

Patients ask to update the exclusion medical cadres, for which certain public employment offers are governed so that people with diabetes are not discriminated now, and according to the Ombudsman, this institution has officially initiated the relevant actions to give itResolution to this request, and for this has begun with the actions before the Ministry of State for Public Function, department in charge of the aspects related to employment calls and that is competent in various labor matters.

The initiative, sponsored by Fede, is not only supported by real cases of diabetes, but is supported by both legal and scientific-medical reports of societies and the Spanish Diabetes Society (SED) and the Spanish Society of Attention PhysiciansPrimary (semergen).

Societies that “support and recognize in writing the need to update the current medical exclusion tables, which governs the public employment offer (both local and autonomic and national), since they still do not contemplate health, technical and training advancesThat, today, they allow self -control and normal development of professional activities such as police bodies, firefighters or auxiliary firefighters, by people with diabetes. ”

The president of Fede, Andoni Lorenzo, wanted to express his "thanks to the Ombudsman for the sensitivity he has shown from the first moment for this type of discrimination, and for finally accepting our request."In this sense, Fede requested, both in a face -to -face and written meeting, that the current medical cadres in force today in certain professional activities were updated, “so that they allow their access to the group of people with diabetes without restrictions orgeneralized prohibitions.And that each case be valued individually. ”

fer's profile photo
fer
02/26/2017 5:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

My life has just turned around !!

Marcos_J_M's profile photo
Marcos_J_M
03/03/2017 12:11 a.m.

Marcos - 26 años - Debut a los 14
Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

marcos_j_m said:
my life has just turned around !!

This is very slow and to know what criteria use ...

I have not waited, glucose between 75 and 100, and all night without spending 150 so as not to have urine glucose.To give them.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/03/2017 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@"ARTORIAS" mine is more flagrant ... mine is the national and that is more chungo haha

Marcos_J_M
03/05/2017 11:27 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

marcos_j_m said:
@"artories" mine is more flagrant ... mine is the national and that is more chungo haha ​​

It depends on how much you are willing to risk and sacrifice ... Would you upload two points your hemoglobin and carry a mcg that would cost you more than 100 euros per month to never keep it for ever, never, go down from 100?Would you play a year of enormous sacrifice in a single day, in an analytics that you have at most 50 % chance of going well?

I don't have it since they entered the hospital, but I don't accept a "no".

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/07/2017 12:43 a.m.

@"ARTORIAS" The problem would be if it enters ... (which is as you say very sacrificed and you play it having a very bad hand), at some point it would come to light and well ... I do not know that you would have that you would have that.I imagine that in a persecution I give me a low, or that the life of a partner is in danger because of me ... it is something serious, it is not the same if you enter with the support of the state

Marcos_J_M
03/07/2017 4:17 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

At the time you work and take possession as a career officer, you can communicate your illness at the time you want, and that does not make you lose your status as an official nor is it cause of disability.

There is a lot of rumor and ignorance, but this is so.The assumptions in which the status of an official can be lost are delimited in a law and are clear.

The moment you have dexcom if you sacrifice hemoglobin, it is impossible for you to give you a downturn.I have been at least 4 months without getting out of 50. Of course the alarms are high.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/07/2017 4:24 p.m.

@"Marcos_J_M" It seems to me to remember that you carried bomb truth ..?There is if I see fucking camouflage medical tests, with Dexcom depending on the type of tests you could pass them perfectly;I was lucky to enter before the debut.What "artorias" comments is totally true !!!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/07/2017 6:16 p.m.

Hahaha verse your hahaha ... You have put the poison in the body hahaha ... I don't know what I will do.Nor is it my dream and I do not think I will be sacrificed so much.Anyway ... thanks anyway chic@s

Marcos_J_M
03/07/2017 8:56 p.m.

Sevilla - HbA1c 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.