Saccharin???

Lauura26's profile photo   02/21/2018 9:12 p.m.

Hello, I tell you my question.I love drinking tea, but I don't like taking it alone, and I can't clearly put sugar.I have bought a sweetener with sodium and saccharin cyclamate.I have always understood that saccharin was suitable for diabetics.But when I looked at the nutritional table, I put that of every 100g, 90 were sugar.And on the reverse it says that an envelope equals 10g of sugar.And of course, this is where I have worried, because I don't know if it's suitable for diabetics.Below I attach a product photo.Can anyone confirm it to me ???Because I am quite lost. Thank you !!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
02/21/2018 9:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

They are sweeteners, they are not sugars.,I don't understand.
You can always dissolve a little in water and do an analysis with the glucometer, or throw it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2018 9:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
Yes they are sweeteners, they are not sugars.,I don't understand.
You can always dissolve a little in water and make an analysis with the glucometer..

Of course, that is what clashes me, that if they are sweeteners, how they will have sugar.I will try what you have told me, thanks!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
02/21/2018 9:37 p.m.

Or throw it.That is not reliable

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2018 9:38 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

You would have to take 10 envelopes and it would be a ration of hydrates.An envelope is not na!
puts .... equivalent ... not what sugar

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
02/21/2018 9:59 p.m.

anaisabel said:
you would have to take 10 envelopes and it would be a ration of hydrates.An envelope is not na!

Ah, of course that makes hahahaha more, thank you very much, I am something lost on these issues!

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
02/21/2018 10:31 p.m.

But says that per 100g, 90 of sugars .., in the table ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/21/2018 11 p.m.

Hello!

I think the sweetener you have bought is this:
Link

Notice that the main ingredient (90%) is dextrose (which is glucose, as is), and apparently, all granulated sweeteners of saccharin carry glucose.The grace is that an envelope of those contains 1 g, and sweeten the same as a sugar (sucrose), which contains 10 g.Thus, as @anaisabel told you, you would have to take 10 envelopes of that sweetener to take a ration of carbohydrates.But it doesn't seem bad to keep it in mind.Liquid saccharin only carries saccharin.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge's profile photo
EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/21/2018 11:08 p.m.

anaisabel said:
you would have to take 10 envelopes and it would be a ration of hydrates.An envelope is not na!

Indeed .... Many times because of the fear of seeing the word sugar we block ourselves.You have to read everything peacefully and try to understand it.And before a weight doubt .... wait.I do the purchase to my son for the responsibility that he entails.And almost 80% are well explained.

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
02/22/2018 8:41 a.m.

I use the Stevia, 18 drops equals the sweetness that provide two teaspoons of sugar.And it's great.And puts carbohydrates 0 of which sugars 0.
It is true that it is a different and peculiar flavor with respect to other sweeteners but I think it is the healthiest, including aspartamo, cyclamate, sucrose, fructose and others ....

Antoniomesa153's profile photo
Antoniomesa153
02/22/2018 8:45 a.m.

We must not forget that what we take in the sweetener is not stevia, but a purified chemical, the glycosides of Esteviol, although it has been extracted from a plant, through a very artificial process of more than 10 steps in which you reachTemperatures of 60 degrees and mixes with all kinds of chemical substances (resins, solvents, etc.), which seems great to me, I only say it for those who resort to the argument of "the natural is healthier, and as theEsteviol comes from a plant, it is much healthier than the other artificial sweeteners "

The Estevia plant is prohibited from security problems, since it not only contains this viol glucosides, but many other substances like any other vegetable (some of them active ingredients).

That said, the glycoside of Esteviol is another option of the wide range of artificial sweeteners that there are, but with the data we have, it is not better than any other (except if you have phenylcetonuria, which then it is better that you do not take aspartamo).In fact, the permissible daily intake of thisviside glycoside is much lower than that of the aspartamo, the saccharin, the acesulfame K or the cyclamate (4 mg/kg/day vs 40, 5, 9 and 7 respectively).

But we already know that the industry tries to sell its product by attributing "added values" such as green color and good natural roll.Exactly like the tinglado behind the sale of Estevia plant, led by the Iclite Mr. Pàmies, which does not work exclusively moved by philanthropy.

Greetings!

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/22/2018 8:35 p.m.

My God!X_x
So I'm glad I don't use any sugar or sweetener.It is a matter of getting used to the palate.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
02/23/2018 9:32 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Of course it is best not to sweeten with anything, get used to the natural flavors of food and voila.In the end all the sweeteners and sugar has their problems.And for cakes or homemade cookies it is very good to put fruit or dates to sweeten (telling clear rations).

Yessica_A's profile photo
Yessica_A
02/23/2018 11:18 a.m.

DM1 desde 2003 | Toujeo + Humalog | FreeStyle 2 | HbA1c 5.5

Let's see, that it is actually very difficult to overcome those admitted daily intakes, and those calculations are very conservative (they are cured in health) but I personally always detect the rare flavor of sweetener.So I do the same as @"ruthbia" and @"Yesssica_a"

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/23/2018 7:03 p.m.

Hey and how does that sweetener know?The one with the barraca.It is that the other sweeteners know me getting worse and I am hating them for the sweetness.
Where have you bought it?
Greetings!!

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
02/26/2018 3:41 p.m.

marga_rita said:
hey and how does that sweetener know?The one with the barraca.It is that the other sweeteners know me getting worse and I am hating them for the sweetness.
Greetings !!

I have not tried that of the barraca, but in Mercadona they have one with the same composition (dextrose, cyclamate and saccharin), in granulated overflows.Maybe they know almost the same.

EndocrinaAntiNewAge
02/26/2018 7:36 p.m.

marga_rita said:
hey and how does that sweetener know?The one with the barraca.It is that the other sweeteners know me getting worse and I am hating them for the sweetness.
Greetings !!
I have not tried many sweeteners the truth, but this has a very pleasant sweet flavor.And I bought it in a little store in my neighborhood, but I suppose it can be found in any Super.

Lauura26's profile photo
Lauura26
02/26/2018 8:32 p.m.

Thank you very much girls !!I will try

Marga_rita's profile photo
Marga_rita
02/27/2018 9:31 a.m.

Leaving chemical and artificial sweeteners are highly harmful.The best thing for now is to take Stevia, it has a somewhat peculiar flavor but it is the most natural for the moment.Since I discovered it I make some incredible desserts !!However, do not dispense with products as extraordinary as honey, ecological, really.It is not a product that you can use under free choice but with breakfast for example a teaspoon in the toast will not kill you and it is a natural and healthy food only that we must use it with head and responsibility, in glucose lows it is also effective ..Then there are other sweeteners that although they are more natural, they provide us with carbohydrates, for example the panela, the maple syrup are healthy products at the level of sweeteners but that we should not use them in a regular way or for no reason.

lulu72's profile photo
lulu72
03/12/2018 2:34 p.m.

Man honey is approximately 80% sugar and Arce syrup 70%.I do not see it very healthy for a diabetic, however natural it is, I remind you that arsenic is also natural.

Pedro Páramo 's profile photo
Pedro Páramo
03/13/2018 4:12 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.